Check your account email address ×

Dow futures up nearly 1,500

5 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

commercial(office specially) is a scary place.  I would not want to own big office buildings anywhere and strip malls in many states right now but people will always need a place to live. States need to lift eviction and foreclosure moratoriums and lets the markets figure it out.   I think the strip malls overall in the long run will be fine although there certainly will be pain.  Local places need the services that are in most.   Office buildings on the other hand who knows if that will ever return to normal.  

No shit, that's my bread and butter and we are all watching closely. I heard some rumblings that they may convert a bunch of tennant space to residential and that could be a boom for us but who knows. Alot of the high rise jobs we have done lately have been white boxing the spaces which means they are empty...

2 minutes ago, Anler said:

No shit, that's my bread and butter and we are all watching closely. I heard some rumblings that they may convert a bunch of tennant space to residential and that could be a boom for us but who knows. Alot of the high rise jobs we have done lately have been white boxing the spaces which means they are empty...

I think we will see a fair amount of planned office space turned into condo's locally.   But the towns will need to cooperate and some will get their backs up and fight it.   Guys who own my building have about 30 buildings with 2-3 in preconstruction on the end of their option periods.  Figure they will let those options go at this point and hunker down with what they have.  80% of it is pure office with 20% office/industrial that will fair better. 

New building with another developer around the corner went up 100% spec,  I don't think there is a single tenant moving in,  they were too far along to stop but not far enough along that people had significant money to walk away from in improvements.  

• Platinum Contributing Member
52 minutes ago, Anler said:

What about commercial real estate? Lots of restaurants and moms and pops going under around here. And i mean LOTS...

Commercial and office space are going to bear the bulk of any downturn this time around.

55 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

so 35+ years of failure with your investing and 5 years with EJ making good decisions for you trying to dig yourself out of the hole you created.  Gotcha .  

I look in the mirror every day and know I am smarter and more successful than you will ever be.  :news:  

commercial(office specially) is a scary place.  I would not want to own big office buildings anywhere and strip malls in many states right now but people will always need a place to live. States need to lift eviction and foreclosure moratoriums and lets the markets figure it out.   I think the strip malls overall in the long run will be fine although there certainly will be pain.  Local places need the services that are in most.   Office buildings on the other hand who knows if that will ever return to normal.  

Right, keep counting my money.  :lol: so one business venture that went bad in over 40 years of entrepreneurial experience and 6 different businesses gives you the right to call me a failure.  I’m not going to brag about all the money I made over the years, that’s your deal.  You know nothing other than lending people money for a fee.  Put around 750k of your own money on the line then come talk to me.  You have soft hands and a soft body, who couldn’t do what I’ve done on your best day, as it’s been proven that mentally you’re even softer than you are physically. :lol: 

Just now, DriftBusta said:

Simon Property Group up 28% on the day.

Where are they at now. What was their all time high over past yr? They prolly got hammered ealier . Todays vax news gave them a boost as it did damn near everyone. 

1 minute ago, DriftBusta said:

Right, keep counting my money.  :lol: so one business venture that went bad in over 40 years of entrepreneurial experience and 6 different businesses gives you the right to call me a failure.  I’m not going to brag about all the money I made over the years, that’s your deal.  You know nothing other than lending people money for a fee.  Put around 750k of your own money on the line then come talk to me.  You have soft hands and a soft body, who couldn’t do what I’ve done on your best day, as it’s been proven that mentally you’re even softer than you are physically. :lol: 

Your industry is no different than mine. you and i receive a commission for our expertise and services. 

Guy I would not have been dumb enough to put my entire net worth at risk on a venture I knew little about.  Then brag about my investment prowess in my past.  

2 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

Your industry is no different than mine. you and i receive a commission for our expertise and services. 

Guy I would not have been dumb enough to put my entire net worth at risk on a venture I knew little about.  Then brag about my investment prowess in my past.  

Still counting my money.  With the way that you talk, I hope you get a little karma in the form of a divorce, and you have to give half your money to your ex-wife. Then maybe you’d Shut the fuck up.  Moron. 

1 minute ago, DriftBusta said:

Still counting my money.  With the way that you talk, I hope you get a little karma in the form of a divorce, and you have to give half your money to your ex-wife. Then maybe you’d Shut the fuck up.  Moron. 

Joe Biden wants healing u2 should kiss and make up

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Angry ginger said:

so 35+ years of failure with your investing and 5 years with EJ making good decisions for you trying to dig yourself out of the hole you created.  Gotcha .  

I look in the mirror every day and know I am smarter and more successful than you will ever be.  :news:  

Strip malls?

It's the indoor malls that have no future.  Take a look at the companies that never shutdown during Covid, then take a look at the companies that own their real estate.  That is where you want to be.

1 hour ago, DriftBusta said:

i'll still have a higher net worth than you even giving her half.  

Karma comes to those that learned no humility from their failures and always pretend they are the victim.  

And guy no ones counting your money.  you came here bragging over the years therefore you bring it into play.  Although I am sure you conveniently have forgotten all that like you have a lot of other things.  

Edited by Angry ginger

1 hour ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Strip malls?

It's the indoor malls that have no future.  Take a look at the companies that never shutdown during Covid, then take a look at the companies that own their real estate.  That is where you want to be.

i'm talking the small LL's with local strip malls not the open air shopping centers that were replacing malls prior to the Covid.  Those big guys should have the pockets to ride it.  A lot of the local strip malls changed hands at pretty high price points the last 5 years and many of those guys can't afford a bunch of tenants not paying.  the bank not wanting these places back might be the help they need to work it out though.  

4 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

i'll still have a higher net worth than you even giving her half.  

Karma comes to those that learned no humility from their failures and always pretend they are the victim.  

And guy no ones counting your money.  you came here bragging over the years therefore you bring it into play.  Although I am sure you conveniently have forgotten all that like you have a lot of other things.  

You don't know that.  The fact that you regularly make statements like that is why I booted your mouthy can't cash the checks your mouth writes ass.  You let me know when I start throwing around my annual income and brokerage account balances on a public website you hypocritical blowhard.  I wouldn't trade your life for mine in a heart beat.  Right now I'm growing my inheritance to levels you wished you had.  :lol:  Dewsh. 

8 hours ago, Highmark said:

Bet on yourself Ben.   Buy/start a business and if you are smart and work hard it can pay off more than any investment.   I'm looking at another business right now that has nice ties to the dying boomer crowd.  

Start a pet cemetery. Seriously and offer services from flowers to graveside including gravestones. Services from parakeets to Clydesdale s.

The pet industry is worth 75 billion right now and fruity pet owners will spend more on their pets memorials than their families.

Thank me later for the idea. Someone do it.

How much is the pet industry worth? The pet industry in the US should reach $72 billion by the end of 2019. What's more, as per the 2018 report by Grand View Research, the global pet industry is expected to reach up to $202.6 billion by 2025.Jun 15, 2020

7 hours ago, Mainecat said:

Start a pet cemetery. Seriously and offer services from flowers to graveside including gravestones. Services from parakeets to Clydesdale s.

The pet industry is worth 75 billion right now and fruity pet owners will spend more on their pets memorials than their families.

How much is the pet industry worth? The pet industry in the US should reach $72 billion by the end of 2019. What's more, as per the 2018 report by Grand View Research, the global pet industry is expected to reach up to $202.6 billion by 2025.Jun 15, 2020

That's not a bad idea.  

Anything with pets.

Edited by ArcticCrusher

9 hours ago, Mainecat said:

Sorry but I don't see that as being a great idea.   Most dog owners have their pet cremated then take them home of which the vets usually do and dude people with horses don't bury them in a cemetery.  Not saying something in the pet industry isn't viable but not a pet cemetery.  

Edited by Highmark

25 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Sorry but I don't see that as being a great idea.   Most dog owners have their pet cremated then take them home of which the vets usually do and dude people with horses don't bury them in a cemetery.  Not saying something in the pet industry isn't viable but not a pet cemetery.  

Dude think big! Cremation and taxidermy too. An acre yields about 750k just in plot sales not counting services for each, then add a charge for perpetual care. Add vaults. It’s endless.

Edited by Mainecat

4 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Dude think big! Cremation and taxidermy too. An acre yields about 750k just in plot sales not counting services for each, then add a charge for perpetual care. Add vaults. It’s endless.

:lol:   What are you waiting for Mr. Buffett?  The vets where you generally take your pet to be euthanized already handle the cremation.   People keep those urns at home not pay to bury them.