Check your account email address ×

Dow futures up nearly 1,500

Just now, f7ben said:

Yes....it’s totally the catalyst driving valuations to 200+% of fair value 

guy your going to fuck yourself and your family by refusing to play the game.   I 'll put downside stops in place and keep on making money while I can.   no reason to cut off your nose,  you owe it to your family to take care of them the best you can.  

11 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

guy your going to fuck yourself and your family by refusing to play the game.   I 'll put downside stops in place and keep on making money while I can.   no reason to cut off your nose,  you owe it to your family to take care of them the best you can.  

I will not ever invest in this fraud. Ever 

2 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Then scoop up some real estate next dip.

Real estate is as big a bubble as any. Propped up with cheap easy credit. The word is there is a big hole where all of those notes havent been getting paid from this rona crisis... 

• Thanks 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, Anler said:

Real estate is as big a bubble as any. Propped up with cheap easy credit. The word is there is a big hole where all of those notes havent been getting paid from this rona crisis... 

cool , just the dip Im waiting for. Time to buy the retirement home . Then wait to sell this place till they rise again.

1 minute ago, DriftBusta said:

Listen to the mortgage shylock, he’s right.  Up about 5% on the day.  :lol: 

Sp500 at over 35PE

We all know how this ends but I went broke waiting for the market to return to any type of rational pricing 

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

Sp500 at over 35PE

We all know how this ends but I went broke waiting for the market to return to any type of rational pricing 

Ends how?  Like 8% average annually for 90 years?  35% last year.  39% this year?  You can lead a horse to water dude...

40 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

I was incorrect 

That news comes from an interim analysis of a study involving 43,538 volunteers, 42% of whom had "diverse backgrounds."

Only 94 people ended up testing positive and displaying symptoms ....of those 94 half were given the vaccine and half the placebo

43 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Then scoop up some real estate next dip.

that is the only other choice unless someone has a pension solid enough to retire on.  Next downturn I will buy cash flow from a condo project here in town that does rental management as part of the condo fee.  4 units there paid in cash is better than an annuity and will make up half my needed retirement income and will allow me to scale back early.   I want to work 57-67 by choice not by need which given a decent return the next decade should be easy enough to do.   

48 minutes ago, Anler said:

the performance of the resi RE has not been as bad as projected and a lot of those in forbearance really don't need to be.  That said in most markets there is enough of a lack of supply/demand to absorb a lot of foreclosure which is the key to not having  a big crash but prices def may soften.  Coworkers buying a new housoe and I told her she needs to make this buy for lifestyle not appreciation.  She's getting plenty of appreciation from what she's selling now and her kids are 11-13 so she has a decade to ride a fall out.  

47 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

cool , just the dip Im waiting for. Time to buy the retirement home . Then wait to sell this place till they rise again.

I need the same for the retirement home but ii'd love to take advantage of this market but the wife won't let me dump out now.  I keep telling her i'll find a nice rental for $2500-3k/mo because I want to be ready for the next down market but she's not buying.  Kids are 2 1/2 years out from school being done and NFW are they moving back in after college.   I'll subsidize a bit on another spot for them.  

• Advertising Member
1 minute ago, Angry ginger said:

the performance of the resi RE has not been as bad as projected and a lot of those in forbearance really don't need to be.  That said in most markets there is enough of a lack of supply/demand to absorb a lot of foreclosure which is the key to not having  a big crash but prices def may soften.  Coworkers buying a new housoe and I told her she needs to make this buy for lifestyle not appreciation.  She's getting plenty of appreciation from what she's selling now and her kids are 11-13 so she has a decade to ride a fall out.  

I need the same for the retirement home but ii'd love to take advantage of this market but the wife won't let me dump out now.  I keep telling her i'll find a nice rental for $2500-3k/mo because I want to be ready for the next down market but she's not buying.  Kids are 2 1/2 years out from school being done and NFW are they moving back in after college.   I'll subsidize a bit on another spot for them.  

We have a guy here at work that day trades his 401.  Any guess where he had his money today......?  It is crazy to watch.....

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, f7ben said:

I will not ever invest in this fraud. Ever 

Bet on yourself Ben.   Buy/start a business and if you are smart and work hard it can pay off more than any investment.   I'm looking at another business right now that has nice ties to the dying boomer crowd.  

3 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Bet on yourself Ben.   Buy/start a business and if you are smart and work hard it can pay off more than any investment.   I'm looking at another business right now that has nice ties to the dying boomer crowd.  

Yup, your best ROI is on yourself for what you already do.

I might be buying one of my suppliers and will want to grow it.

1 hour ago, Angry ginger said:

rookie investment guy says what.  The ginger is right as always.  :news: 

You’re such a fucking retard do you think I’ve only been investing myself for five years? Try more than 40 years. And I’m licensed for five years now, and have access to resources that you could only dream about. Keep looking in the mirror and telling yourself how great you are. :lol: 

Edited by DriftBusta

1 hour ago, Angry ginger said:

What about commercial real estate? Lots of restaurants and moms and pops going under around here. And i mean LOTS...

11 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

You’re such a fucking retard do you think I’ve only been investing myself for five years? Try more than 40 years. And I’m licensed for five years now, and have access to resources that you could only dream about. Keep looking in the mirror and telling yourself how great you are. :lol: 

so 35+ years of failure with your investing and 5 years with EJ making good decisions for you trying to dig yourself out of the hole you created.  Gotcha .  

I look in the mirror every day and know I am smarter and more successful than you will ever be.  :news:  

11 minutes ago, Anler said:

What about commercial real estate? Lots of restaurants and moms and pops going under around here. And i mean LOTS...

commercial(office specially) is a scary place.  I would not want to own big office buildings anywhere and strip malls in many states right now but people will always need a place to live. States need to lift eviction and foreclosure moratoriums and lets the markets figure it out.   I think the strip malls overall in the long run will be fine although there certainly will be pain.  Local places need the services that are in most.   Office buildings on the other hand who knows if that will ever return to normal.