Check your account email address ×

Final predictions.

Just now, Angry ginger said:

Trump

Pubs lose house seats

50/50 senate because Mainers are not smart enough to realize how good Collins actually is for them.  If Trump wins I hope it's 51-49 dems in the senate.  

My preferred outcome would be Biden whitehouse and somehow the pubs take the house and keep the senate 

1 hour ago, Angry ginger said:

Trump

Pubs lose house seats

50/50 senate because Mainers are not smart enough to realize how good Collins actually is for them.  If Trump wins I hope it's 51-49 dems in the senate.  

Yeah I'm voting for Collins but I think Gideon is gonna take it, too many flatties moving up and voting the same people in similar to where they just escaped from...

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, GGNHL said:

Yeah I'm voting for Collins but I think Gideon is gonna take it, too many flatties moving up and voting the same people in similar to where they just escaped from...

NH has been like that for 25 yrs now.

18 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

i don't see any possibility of that but split control either way is fine with me 

I don’t either .....I don’t give a fuck either way. I’m just sick of the moron we have now and how incredibly dumb his followers are.

4 minutes ago, GGNHL said:

Many trumpers won't vote for her because Trump doesn't like her because she actually has a backbone and uses common sense.   Gideons going to fuck them hard.  Add to it rank choice and i don't think Collins has a chance.  that has to be the dumbest thing ever.  Votes have winners and losers except in Maine.  Maines a beautiful state but the political climates beyond bad up there.  I feel bad for guys like Webba and Denis who have successful businesses that are not easy to yank out of the state and have to deal with the bullshit being fucked every way possible.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Mainecat said:

Trump gets smoked and takes the senate with him. The Dems turn out in record numbers and it’s always a win when they do.

really you think Obama was a win.  SMH.  a monkey could have started an economic recovery given the injection of dollars in 2009/2010.  lack of leadership kept the recovery at bay a lot longer than it should have been. And the only person more divisive than Obama is trump. 

1 minute ago, Angry ginger said:

really you think Obama was a win.  SMH.  a monkey could have started an economic recovery given the injection of dollars in 2009/2010.  lack of leadership kept the recovery at bay a lot longer than it should have been. And the only person more divisive than Obama is trump. 

Trump is the effect of 8 years of Obama for sure.  He'd never have made it out of the primary if he didn't have 8 years of Obama bullshit classism and anger to tap into.

9 minutes ago, Matt said:

Trump is the effect of 8 years of Obama for sure.  He'd never have made it out of the primary if he didn't have 8 years of Obama bullshit classism and anger to tap into.

yet significantly more people voted for the democratic candidate who also happened to be the most most vile and hated political figure of her day than trump. That fact doesn't align with your theory. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, frenchy said:

yet significantly more people voted for the democratic candidate who also happened to be the most most vile and hated political figure of her day than trump. That fact doesn't align with your theory. 

Just telling you what happened in WI, which was a decent analog for the rest of the rust belt states.  People fell for Obama twice on hope and change that never materialized... so when there was an opportunity to throw a hand grenade into the system, people said "fuck it" and pulled the lever for Trump.

Trump

Pubs lose house seats

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

My preferred outcome would be Biden whitehouse and somehow the pubs take the house and keep the senate 

Either way I want all blue or all red because then they will do the most spending. And thats good for me! MAGA!

• Haha 3

Silver lining if the dems get out in force here in AZ is we'll legalize pot. Prop 207 to legalize and tax the ganja is on the ballot. Regardless of who wins the presidency and congress, we're gonna need more weed. 

• Thanks 1

I think Trump loses WI and AZ this time around.  It will come down to PA and Trump will hold a lead after the counting on Tuesday night BUT there will be mail-in/Absentee objections coming from Philadelphia as to why they can't certify their numbers and that is where long drawn out legal battle will hinge.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, F3600 said:

I think Trump loses WI and AZ this time around.  It will come down to PA and Trump will hold a lead after the counting on Tuesday night BUT there will be mail-in/Absentee objections coming from Philadelphia as to why they can't certify their numbers and that is where long drawn out legal battle will hinge.

God, I hope not, but you're probably right.  I hope like hell that whatever happens, it's obvious by Wednesday that recounts and lawsuits aren't going to matter...

The economy is in the dumper. Without the fed $$ the stock market would be under 18k. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
43 minutes ago, Matt said:

Silver lining if the dems get out in force here in AZ is we'll legalize pot. Prop 207 to legalize and tax the ganja is on the ballot. Regardless of who wins the presidency and congress, we're gonna need more weed. 

DEcriminalize is good enough. Legal weed is overated.

39 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

The economy is in the dumper. Without the fed $$ the stock market would be under 18k. 

the economy is remarkably resilient and a good portioni of that is due to fed money for sure.  We are on 12+ years of the fed needle if it stops we are all fucked.  

2 hours ago, frenchy said:

Obama remains quite popular in America. His approval ratings are high. There’s still a few sore sour pusses that growl about Obama, but they growled about him for all eight years. Trump’s win of the presidency was solely because the dems ran with a detestable candidate in Hillary. 

Edited by spin_dry
  • Thanks 1