Check your account email address ×

Is the hypersled dead forever?

f7ben

5 hours ago, jammin said:

What the hell is wrong with 120-150 ponies?  1/2 you fucks can't, don't or won't use 200+ for much more than grades or lakes..... which both are boring.   If you need 200+ for trail riding ur cornering skills suck and you need that power to play catchup.  :bigfinger:

:coffee:

150 isn't bad but 120 is very boring except in the woods tight twisted trails, I like the pull my 800 triples have in the higher mph range, pin a 600 at 75 nothing really happens, they are good from a dead stop but after that not much fun, at least not where I ride and I generally make up time in the corners.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

150 isn't bad but 120 is very boring except in the woods tight twisted trails, I like the pull my 800 triples have in the higher mph range, pin a 600 at 75 nothing really happens, they are good from a dead stop but after that not much fun, at least not where I ride and I generally make up time in the corners.

A 600 class sled is so fucking boring I’d quit riding before subjecting myself to that shit. Its like having a 20’ speedboat and hanging a 90hp outboard on it

9 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

I've got 95hp and I run with 270hp winders.

I get there, just not as fast. Never far behind.

15 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

I've got 95hp and I run with 270hp winders.

I get there, just not as fast. Never far behind.

I’ve found the big 2 strokes are enough for me. My buddy has a 300 hp cat that was setup right. I’ve ridden it and it’s just silly how fast it is. I’d get in trouble on that machine for sure. To each his own...

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

A 600 class sled is so fucking boring I’d quit riding before subjecting myself to that shit. Its like having a 20’ speedboat and hanging a 90hp outboard on it

Whatever...  I've had a hoot on a 340 puma and many other 340, 400 and 440s you fuckin snob. Then again you like to sit on a lake and race all day back and fourth.  Yippee,  yahoo...:bigfinger:

22 minutes ago, jammin said:

Whatever...  I've had a hoot on a 340 puma and many other 340, 400 and 440s you fuckin snob. Then again you like to sit on a lake and race all day back and fourth.  Yippee,  yahoo...:bigfinger:

Well.....someday you are gonna win your first race on one of those lakes and o bet you’re gonna enjoy the feeling!! 

:bigfinger:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Edmo said:

I’ve found the big 2 strokes are enough for me. My buddy has a 300 hp cat that was setup right. I’ve ridden it and it’s just silly how fast it is. I’d get in trouble on that machine for sure. To each his own...

Yes. They're sneaky fast, dangerous really. You don't realize how fast you're going till it's time to slow it down. So easy to go fast..

115 real mph is achievable with a flash, exhaust and clutching.

I crossed a road onto a small straight section of railroad grade, I put mine to the bar. I could see the light coming fast..I was doing 120kmh and my buddy on his xtx at 270 went by me with skis in the air like I was stopped.

I asked how fast he was going, 193kmh was the last he saw and still climbing and had to slow down for the corner.

Absolutely amazing how much hp these make.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, jammin said:

I've had lots of fun on my old tnt 300 and mx 470. This 900 ace is a beast 😂

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Well.....someday you are gonna win your first race on one of those lakes and o bet you’re gonna enjoy the feeling!! 

Been done already on the 13th fairway of a golf course with a 900 running like a 440 !!   :owned:

8 hours ago, jammin said:

What the hell is wrong with 120-150 ponies?  1/2 you fucks can't, don't or won't use 200+ for much more than grades or lakes..... which both are boring.   If you need 200+ for trail riding ur cornering skills suck and you need that power to play catchup.  :bigfinger:

:coffee:

x2

1 hour ago, awful knawful said:

Yes. They're sneaky fast, dangerous really. You don't realize how fast you're going till it's time to slow it down. So easy to go fast..

115 real mph is achievable with a flash, exhaust and clutching.

I crossed a road onto a small straight section of railroad grade, I put mine to the bar. I could see the light coming fast..I was doing 120kmh and my buddy on his xtx at 270 went by me with skis in the air like I was stopped.

I asked how fast he was going, 193kmh was the last he saw and still climbing and had to slow down for the corner.

Absolutely amazing how much hp these make.

My current Z1 will run out of gear in under 1000’ at 117-118 on my gps. It’s plenty fast for fun. I don’t see anything else out there I’d pay more to ride

5 hours ago, 1jkw said:

I don’t like how you have to really lay into a 600 to get it to do anything either. An 800 is really the starting point for me 

On 10/24/2020 at 11:40 AM, DriftBusta said:

Is that official....cat leaving sleds?!

Hell no !! Cat has been number 1 in sales for many years !! Why would they leave ? 

37 minutes ago, ACE said:

I don’t like how you have to really lay into a 600 to get it to do anything either. An 800 is really the starting point for me 

I agree I don't like keeping the flipper to the bar just to go 60 mph.

8 hours ago, f7ben said:

The new 6fiddy is selling biggly. The Adventure motel finally sold.

2 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

They have been a distant third for many years.  

Cat , has been ? I firmly disagree with that  ! That's why ski dont trying to fuck them !

2 minutes ago, The One said:

Cat , has been ? I firmly disagree with that  ! That's why ski dont trying to fuck them !

Doo went to #1 in 2004 or 5 and cat has not been on top since.  I believe the 3 years prior to that Poo was on top as well so basically 20 year with Cat being 2nd or 3rd.