Check your account email address ×

Say his name!

I know a half dozen of you already posted this but I am truly saddened by the death of EVH. Its like part of my youth just died. One of the greatest to ever do it

• Like 2

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, Angry ginger said:

SMH bunch of faggots all over the intrawebs RIP'ing a guy who by all accounts was a fucking ass hole.  :news: 

Give it a rest just once.

Just now, Angry ginger said:

SMH bunch of faggots all over the intrawebs RIP'ing a guy who by all accounts was a fucking ass hole.  :news: 

yeah but one of the most talented assholes of all time! He did something good, he made alot of really great songs. I have alot of memories rocking out to VH partying with my friends, getting laid, drag racing and all of the other shit teens did in the 80's. Today he is honored as a rock God, and you sir are the asshole! :bc:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Give it a rest just once.

No

4 minutes ago, Anler said:

yeah but one of the most talented assholes of all time! He did something good, he made alot of really great songs. I have alot of memories rocking out to VH partying with my friends, getting laid, drag racing and all of the other shit teens did in the 80's. Today he is honored as a rock God, and you sir are the asshole! :bc:

People who get all sad over people they didn't know dying irks me.   Maybe if you break bread with them I can see some sadness but 3-4 threads over the guy dying is ponderous.  

4 minutes ago, Anler said:

I really enjoyed his interviews. What a life he lived. One where he was talking about how he butchered a fender strat to install twin coil pickups from a Gibson. He showed it to Leo Fender and thought he’d be pissed but he liked the idea and actually produced some like that from the factory.

18 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I grew up on their music...I remember when the first album came out...absolutely ground breaking.

best album by far.

Seen em live at Monsters of Rock.

12 minutes ago, Anler said:

Remember being all tuned up riding with a bud, open bottles in car - listening to VH. He had a big Monte I believe. He is cruising down this busy road & sideswipes a car that was in left turn lane ... he hammers it down, keeps on rolling & said "woops"  :lol:  ...cops never showed later on so :dunno:

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

No

People who get all sad over people they didn't know dying irks me.   Maybe if you break bread with them I can see some sadness but 3-4 threads over the guy dying is ponderous.  

Like I said, asshole ^^^^^

22 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

No

It surprises me not one bit you had no connections like that growing up.

Says so much...

9 minutes ago, Anler said:

Like I said, asshole ^^^^^

yes

4 minutes ago, Snake said:

It surprises me not one bit you had no connections like that growing up.

Says so much...

I have plenty of memories related to music and bands of the 80's.  But i'm not going to be crying when the people who wrote the music dies.   .  

Just now, Angry ginger said:

yes

I have plenty of memories related to music and bands of the 80's.  But i'm not going to be crying when the people who wrote the music dies.   .  

you should seek help for that. Not an enjoyable way to be. 

3 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Never got into VH. They fell into the same music spectrum as Guns and Roses time wise. Those that listened to it were young little shitheads. Lol. None the less, Eddie was a master. 

GnR Appetite for Destruction is perhaps the greatest rock album of all time.   Far better than any album VH put out.  

1 hour ago, Angry ginger said:

No

People connect with music on an emotional level. Some more than others. I hear a certain Fleetwood Mac song and it’ll immediately take me back to a particular time in my life and I’ll feel something. Makes sense that there’s a sense of loss when an artist that really touched you emotionally dies. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Angry ginger said:

I've never been real emotional or had attachments to people.  i don't see that that will ever change.   

Symptoms of Schizoid Personality Disorder

Schizoid personality disorder is characterized by a pattern of detachment from social relationships and a restricted range of expression of emotions in interpersonal settings, beginning by early adulthood and present in a variety of contexts. 

LOL. 😉