Check your account email address ×

Right-wing activists accused of multiple felonies in connection with voter intimidation efforts

Those dam Democrats...

Right-wing activists accused of multiple felonies in connection with voter intimidation efforts

Source: Business Insider

Notorious right-wing trickster Jacob Wohl, already banned from Twitter and accused of fabricating sexual assault claims against prominent Democrats, was charged with multiple felonies on Thursday for allegedly trying to intimidate voters in the battleground state of Michigan. 

Michigan Attorney General Dana Nessel told reporters that the scheme involved false robocalls targeting Detroit and urban areas in at least four additional states, the Associated Press reported. First uncovered in August, the effort purportedly entailed claims that casting a ballot by mail would result in voters' information being forwarded to police and debt collectors. 

"Don't be finessed into giving your private information to the man," the calls stated. "Beware of vote by mail." 

In an October 1 arrest warrant, Nessel's office formally accuses Wohl and another defendant, John Macauley Burkman, of "presenting false and misleading statements about mail-in voting in a telephone message." The charge carries a possible five-year prison sentence and $11,000 in fines. 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/right-wing-activists-accused-of-multiple-felonies-in-connection-with-voter-intimidation-efforts-disinformation-about-mail-in-ballots/ar-BB19CzLf?li=BB141NW3&ocid=DELLDHP

Read more: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/right-wing-activists-accused-of-multiple-felonies-in-connection-with-voter-intimidation-efforts-disinformation-about-mail-in-ballots/ar-BB19CzLf?li=BB141NW3&ocid=DELLDHP

• Platinum Contributing Member
6 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

I don't know about the rest of you guys but I'm always intimidated by robo calls.  :lol:

Does anyone even answer a phone anymore if they don't know who's calling? 

Yesssss!! It's the best!!  I'm more than happy to shoot the shit

11 hours ago, Rigid1 said:

Yesssss!! It's the best!!  I'm more than happy to shoot the shit

Lol. Yup, I had one tied up for like 10 minutes the other day before he realized I was fucking with him! Probably saved a hundred other people from getting a call, I feel my civic duty was accomplished that day.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Stephen Hawking said:

I don't know about the rest of you guys but I'm always intimidated by robo calls.  :lol:

Does anyone even answer a phone anymore if they don't know who's calling? 

I have new phones which don't allow robo calls.