Check your account email address ×

TRUMP Considering Intervening in Delphi Salaried Retirees’ Fight for Pensions

Snake

On Monday aboard Air Force One, Congressman Mike Turner (OH-10) and Ohio Governor Mike DeWine asked President Donald J. Trump to intervene on behalf of Delphi Salaried Retirees in the fight for their pensions. Turner has previously discussed this issue with the President, as well as his top advisors.

During the Obama Administration’s 2009 taxpayer-funded General Motors (GM) bankruptcy bailout, the Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation (PBGC) unjustly terminated the earned pension plans of more than 20,000 Delphi Salaried Retirees. This decision caused devastating financial losses to these families since they depended upon their pensions, earned through decades of faithful service, to survive during retirement. The Delphi Salaried Retirees have been fighting since 2009 for their pensions. They have filed suit against the PBGC in Federal District Court in Detroit. The Delphi Salaried Retirees have requested that President Trump intervene in the pending litigation.

“This week I again spoke to President Trump about the Delphi Salaried Retirees’ fight for their pensions,” said Turner. “President Trump understands that the Obama Administration unjustly terminated these pensions. He is now considering intervening on behalf of the Retirees’ in this over decade-long fight. I will continue to advocate for these Retirees, as I have since 2009 when the Obama Administration wrongly took the pensions they had worked for and earned.”

“During the President’s visit to Ohio, I urged the President to restore the Delphi Salaried Retirees’ pensions,” said DeWine. “The President was receptive to our message of the plight of these Retirees. I urge him to move forward to aid these Retirees and their pensions.”

“The Obama-Biden non-solution to the GM bankruptcy was to help offshore Delphi operations to Mexico and China while stripping the pensions from Delphi’s hardworking Salaried Retirees,” said Peter Navarro, Assistant to President Trump for Trade and Manufacturing Policy. “We are looking at every legal option available to remedy this Obama-Biden betrayal. This issue has the President’s attention.”

https://turner.house.gov/media-center/press-releases/trump-considering-intervening-in-delphi-salaried-retirees-fight-for

Sad truth - Obama catered to unionized GM workers and threw the non unionized Delphi workers under the bus because he knew where his bread was buttered. Was a total POS move at the time considering how relatively insignificant making the delphi workers whole would have cost in the grand scheme of things. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Handing out 200 scrip cards to seniors, a magical plan to provide care for newborns and now this....hmmmm...wonder why he is suddenly doing all of this? 🤣🤣

Cuz he is the President... your President. :bc:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

There would me no GM and zero GM pensions if not for Obama/Biden.

All of you fuckin right wing knuckledraggers were lined up saying let GM fail.

:lol: my god what a pathetic hack you are. Obama muscled the Pension Benefit Guarantee corp to play favorites with unionized GM workers vs non unionized Delphi. 

Obama gave every delphi worker the middle finger because dems don't give a fuck about non unionized workers. fact. 

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
13 minutes ago, frenchy said:

:lol: my god what a pathetic hack you are. Obama muscled the Pension Benefit Guarantee corp to play favorites with unionized GM workers vs non unionized Delphi. 

Obama gave every delphi worker the middle finger because dems don't give a fuck about non unionized workers. fact. 

Agreed but I still find the timing of this funny.👍🏼🥴

Regardless it’s a good move.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

37 minutes ago, frenchy said:

Pathetic was many here who said let GM die on the vine. Including YOU.

Not everyone was saved on the Titanic. 

18 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

stop lying you old retard. I was 100% behind the bailout from day one.

Not like you being 100% behind tariffs until Trump did it. 

• Haha 3

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Good point...still waiting for that amazing health care plan he has been touting for 3 plus years.🤣

Goes up November 10th

I'm ignorant to a lot of the facts, but on the surface, my preference would be to have this settled in the courts.  I think when we have a President or Elected individual make Yes/No decisions specifically on Pensions, we are on a slippery slope of a shit ton of underfunded Pensions becoming the Federal Taxpayers problem.

7 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Good point...still waiting for that amazing health care plan he has been touting for 3 plus years.🤣

There's a pretty bad cold going around several States, apparently it has absorbed some resources.

8 minutes ago, F3600 said:

I'm ignorant to a lot of the facts, but on the surface, my preference would be to have this settled in the courts.  I think when we have a President or Elected individual make Yes/No decisions specifically on Pensions, we are on a slippery slope of a shit ton of underfunded Pensions becoming the Federal Taxpayers problem.

if Obama had dealt with it like he should have at the time this would not be an issue. Again. He gave the unions everything they wanted and told the non union workers affected to go pound sand. Facts MC hates. 

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, Mainecat said:

It's too bad you don't get that when it comes to the covid response. 

Edited by Stephen Hawking