Check your account email address ×

Historic agreement in the ME signed today and CNN barely mention's it on their homepage..

Highmark

33 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Why should we care what SA does with Yemen or anywhere else for that matter?   Isn't that the whole idea of keeping our noses out of other people's business?  

We supported the saudi attacks in Yemen militarily. And the Saudis indiscriminately killed thousands of civilians. 

WASHINGTON — President Trump vetoed a bipartisan resolution on Tuesday that would have forced an end to American military involvement in Saudi Arabia’s civil war in Yemen, rejecting an appeal by lawmakers to his own deeply rooted instincts to withdraw the United States from bloody foreign conflicts.

That war has long since devolved into a humanitarian catastrophe. The United Nations stopped counting its civilian death toll two years ago, when it hit 10,000. An independent estimate by the Armed Conflict Location and Event Data Project, which tracks conflicts worldwide, found that nearly 50,000 people, including combatants, died between January 2016 and July 2018. The war has also left more than 22 million people—75 percent of the population of Yemen, already one of the poorest countries in the world—in need of humanitarian aid.

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 minutes ago, Anler said:

We supported the saudi attacks in Yemen militarily. And the Saudis indiscriminately killed thousands of civilians. 

Not sure what "involvement" we had but it shouldn't be anything other than in a LE capacity for our own safety.   If we have intelligence of known terrorists with actual plans to harm American's I'm ok with killing them.   I'm not in agreement with just a broad support of SA attacking Yemen.  If they want to do it then its not our problem....we shouldn't support them doing it.   

Edited by Highmark

Just now, Highmark said:

Not sure what "involvement" we had but it shouldn't be anything other than in a LE capacity for our own safety.   If we have intelligence of known terrorists with actual plans to harm American's I'm ok with killing them.   I'm not in agreement with just a broad support of SA attacking Yemen.  If they want to do it then its not our problem....we shouldn't support them doing it.   

Yes we know

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Anler said:

Yes we know

Just saying I'm not part of the we.   I personally don't know what the extent of our involvement was.   Again any in other than a LE capacity of an imminent threat was too much in my book.  

3 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Amazing peace between countries that were already at peace with one another!!!!!

Just because they're not trying to blow each other up doesn't mean they're at peace.  These nations didn't acknowledge Israel had a right to exist.

5 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Amazing peace between countries that were already at peace with one another!!!!!

Both of the country's refused to recognize Isreal as a state before.  1 of the 2 is a massive funding tool  and  huge influence over the entire region.   Just Saudi saying they are on board with this is huge and to blow it off like it is not is just plan ignorant or blind  bias you pic 

4 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Why?

Why?

Because this is nothing more than window dressing that does not make the region any more 'safe' or 'peaceful' than it was last week. Arab states are more concerned with Iran now than with Israel's stance on Palestinians. In fact Arab nations could give a fuck about Palestine. All this is are 2 political leaders who need a public image boost using what was already happening around them to their advantage for nothing more than a photo opp and political posturing. Anything else? 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, frenchy said:

now you care about nominations? They were 'worthless' when obama was nominated. 

Its still significant given most of the political establishment is against him, and a result of accomplishment.  The reason we laughed when Obama got one, is because he didn't do a fucking thing to deserve one.  Try and follow along.

3 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Its still significant given most of the political establishment is against him, and a result of accomplishment.  The reason we laughed when Obama got one, is because he didn't do a fucking thing to deserve one.  Try and follow along.

giphy.gif

11 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

So why 3 Nobel nominations?

8 hours ago, frenchy said:

now you care about nominations? They were 'worthless' when obama was nominated. 

8 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

I follow along fine....you’re a hack full of double standards. Simple really.

9 hours ago, frenchy said:

Why?

Because this is nothing more than window dressing that does not make the region any more 'safe' or 'peaceful' than it was last week. Arab states are more concerned with Iran now than with Israel's stance on Palestinians. In fact Arab nations could give a fuck about Palestine. All this is are 2 political leaders who need a public image boost using what was already happening around them to their advantage for nothing more than a photo opp and political posturing. Anything else? 

Is it 1 leader, 2 leaders, 3 or 7....... ?

Let's see how well this post ages.