Check your account email address ×

Sled season prep has begun!

Highmark

• Platinum Contributing Member

Bought this trailer last spring...11’ tilt Triton..came with the slush guard and the ski and track guides plus tie down bars. The tongue jack is messed up but I bought a new one...pretty good deal for 900 bucks.👍🏼

D68449E2-ED1F-4B3C-9413-C8593F98B4E4.thumb.jpeg.651d0b6f317b2851fa37195364d3a887.jpeg

Edited by Jimmy Snacks
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, Skidooski said:

Prep is never ending around here but finally working on the trail sled again feels good

3A058FE8-D787-42EA-BC66-F072684249A9.thumb.jpeg.f08f1970fa442030ba19bc0d937bf85e.jpeg

Nice.  Those shock  bits are looking sweet.  Sell them to me cheap!  :lol:  :bc: 

37 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Nice.  Those shock  bits are looking sweet.  Sell them to me cheap!  :lol:  :bc: 

Just got the springs back from powder coat and the shocks rebuilt from Monster 👌

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

You and those damn C&A’s...maybe if I find a deal on some white ones...and even then...maybe!🤣😜

I can get a set of new White Grippers for 300 bucks which includes everything but carbides which is OK because the carbides I have now are good.👍🏼🇺🇸

I prefer USI Triple Threats and Slydogs for trail riding, but modified C&A's for racing.  The USI's bend the mount and break the loops too easy for anything other then ice racing. 

A decent set-up, many stock skis are good enough for trail riding, even fairly aggressively.  

6 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Bought this trailer last spring...11’ tilt Triton..came with the slush guard and the ski and track guides plus tie down bars. The tongue jack is messed up but I bought a new one...pretty good deal for 900 bucks.👍🏼

D68449E2-ED1F-4B3C-9413-C8593F98B4E4.thumb.jpeg.651d0b6f317b2851fa37195364d3a887.jpeg

I had pretty much the same trailer, but newer.  8.5 x 10 Triton XT with a salt shield. 

Paid $950 for it barely used, sold it for $1100 (after I put a $200 salt shield on it) and used like like 4 times in 4 or 5 years.  

Reputable trailer brands hold their value, period.  Triton, Aluma, Featherlite, etc.  

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

I had pretty much the same trailer, but newer.  8.5 x 10 Triton XT with a salt shield. 

Paid $950 for it barely used, sold it for $1100 (after I put a $200 salt shield on it) and used like like 4 times in 4 or 5 years.  

Reputable trailer brands hold their value, period.  Triton, Aluma, Featherlite, etc.  

You should see the junk they sell up here for used trailers.... Rusted out with a deck made of 1/2" plywood and still want $900.  Oh and needs lights!

14 hours ago, Skidooski said:

Just got the springs back from powder coat and the shocks rebuilt from Monster 👌

Man I'd just love to buy some nice shocks, I'm just too damn cheap.  Ian does some nice work.  I had him revalve a couple sets of stockers over the years, and used his spring recommendations.  Always happy with the results.  The stockers on my Adrenaline are actually pretty decent, but I only have 500 miles on them.  We'll see how well they stand up this season.  :bc: 

3 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

Man I'd just love to buy some nice shocks, I'm just too damn cheap.  Ian does some nice work.  I had him revalve a couple sets of stockers over the years, and used his spring recommendations.  Always happy with the results.  The stockers on my Adrenaline are actually pretty decent, but I only have 500 miles on them.  We'll see how well they stand up this season.  :bc: 

Seeing as you’re an old MotoX guy I can’t believe you haven’t upgraded those Adrenalines...that being said some of these shocks cost stupid money!🤣

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Seeing as you’re an old MotoX guy I can’t believe you haven’t upgraded those Adrenalines...that being said some of these shocks cost stupid money!🤣

Thats the thing.  Stupid money. If I hadn't had to buy 3 sleds in the past 2 seasons I might have. with all the traveling, lodging, etc., I spend too much on this sport as it is :lol:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

Thats the thing.  Stupid money. If I hadn't had to buy 3 sleds in the past 2 seasons I might have. with all the traveling, lodging, etc., I spend too much on this sport as it is :lol:

Reach out to your boy Levi. 
  :lol:  

10 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

This is my first time with trying some aftermarket shocks so we’ll see how it goes. Got them for a decent price and they did clean up nice :bc:

• Like 1

On 10/2/2020 at 2:13 PM, Jimmy Snacks said:

On 10/2/2020 at 8:42 PM, racinfarmer said:

I bought my triton 11' for 1k with salt shield new otd at my "toy store's" open house a few years ago then put a used topper a friend had on it, about $1500 total cost

14 hours ago, Skidooski said:

This is my first time with trying some aftermarket shocks so we’ll see how it goes. Got them for a decent price and they did clean up nice :bc:

Nice.  Our buddy Perm through some (I think they were anyways) Exits he bought off another buddy of ours and put them on his Backcountry like mine, but never did get them dialed in.  So if they don't feel right, make sure you let Ian know.  Where those things should shine is on all that late day choppy shit.  My base model shocks will be probably chattering my teeth, while yours should be like buttah  :bc: 

10 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Nice.  Our buddy Perm through some (I think they were anyways) Exits he bought off another buddy of ours and put them on his Backcountry like mine, but never did get them dialed in.  So if they don't feel right, make sure you let Ian know.  Where those things should shine is on all that late day choppy shit.  My base model shocks will be probably chattering my teeth, while yours should be like buttah  :bc: 

Should be night and day difference from the clapped out X shocks I have on it now. But like you said, once I get them dialed in. :thumb: They are a bit of overkill for me riding mostly trails these days but if it helps my back and neck when they do get rough it'll be well worth it.

I do need to get back with Ian and see if the fat boy springs I put on back for the grass drags should stay on or put the stock torsion springs back in.  

• Like 1

Does anyone have the specs for a 2007 arctic cat 600 exhaust valve cable adjustment?

On a side note. What a bunch of dick heads at arctic cat. They ran the exhaust valve cables between the cylinders but under the head. Which would have been fine if they had made enough room to remove them without either cutting the cables or pulling the head. Some people need to be shot with balls of their own shit lol.

18 minutes ago, Tomas. said:

Does anyone have the specs for a 2007 arctic cat 600 exhaust valve cable adjustment?

On a side note. What a bunch of dick heads at arctic cat. They ran the exhaust valve cables between the cylinders but under the head. Which would have been fine if they had made enough room to remove them without either cutting the cables or pulling the head. Some people need to be shot with balls of their own shit lol.

For some reason, I don't remember that on either XF6 we had.  

8 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

For some reason, I don't remember that on either XF6 we had.  

I will take a picture when I get home. It is fucking stupid. And of course I didn't find this out till I had the cables off the servo and the valves out of the engine lol.

On 10/2/2020 at 2:13 PM, Jimmy Snacks said:

I'm sure you already know this, but check the axle out real good for corrosion around the welded mounts, and if it's got u-bolts around the stringers, checke that real close too.  Don't want that thing canabalizing at 75 loaded with precious cargo.  Don't ask me how I know. :lol:

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

So I got my shocks back from a refresh and installed them in the rear skids today.

When I was done, I noticed the limiter straps on the crossfire were taunt and the straps for my switchback back were loose. My switchback back has had two previous owners and a fair amount of kms on it and the Arctic cat was barely used before I bought it so I figured someone messed around the switchback and the crossfire was still a factory setting.

So I adjusted the polaris to be just taunt at full shock extension. Did I make a mistake and they were supposed to be loose?

This is with both rear skids out of the sleds