Check your account email address ×

Any trail riders here?

• Platinum Contributing Member

I'm out of the loop on the latest trail tracks from Camso. Looking to maybe get a new one for this year to replace the Ripsaw I have now since it's starting to show some wear. 120" 2.86 pitch studded

Anything other then Ripsaw you'd recommend? Or stick with it and buy another one?

8 minutes ago, Anler said:

Rip 2 or a cobra. Rip 1 is fine if you arent a snobby cunt who thinks they need any more than that for trail riding... :news: 

Rip 1 is the worst track ever made ...it literally ruins a sled 

10 minutes ago, f7ben said:

On hardpack is just fine.  Throw some good studs on it and it hooks fine for trail riding.  I did these and it's great on the trail.  

20171007_195355.jpg

17 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Snobby cunt ^^^

5 minutes ago, Doorider said:

On hardpack is just fine.  Throw some good studs on it and it hooks fine for trail riding.  I did these and it's great on the trail.  

20171007_195355.jpg

Yep. I used tp pull the skis on my 2012 120" etec like a mofo with this set up. On trails it works just fine... 

8 minutes ago, Doorider said:

20171007_195355.jpg

Did exactly that to my 850 doo and it didn’t hook worth a fuck. Of course I expect a sled to dead hook and leave hard

I really like the rip 2, although I’d like to give that storm a try. Don’t like the cobra as much but any of those 3 are better than the rip 1 if you do any off trail.

1 minute ago, Edmo said:

I really like the rip 2, although I’d like to give that storm a try. Don’t like the cobra as much but any of those 3 are better than the rip 1 if you do any off trail.

My snowcheck will have a 1.5" storm. I really like the 1.6 cobra on my assault, its been great. 

1 minute ago, Anler said:

My snowcheck will have a 1.5" storm. I really like the 1.6 cobra on my assault, its been great. 

As much as I like the 1.3 cobra it’s the exact opposite for the 1.6 , it does nothing we’ll at all

I’m a little partial to 2 ply tracks. I do have a 144” Cobra 1.3 that I’ll likely end up studding in the future though since it’s won’t be my main trail sled.

4 minutes ago, f7ben said:

As much as I like the 1.3 cobra it’s the exact opposite for the 1.6 , it does nothing we’ll at all

A friend of mine is trying to sell me his 1.6 studded track. Meh 😑 

5 hours ago, Skidooski said:

Anyone try the Storm 150? Been using the same Ripsaw for so long I'm looking at trying something new...... Rip II or the Storm 150 

Just installed a Storm 150 on the 850.Kinda excited to see how it hooks up. Looks aggressive compared to the rip saw I took off. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Roosting said:

Just installed a Storm 150 on the 850.Kinda excited to see how it hooks up. Looks aggressive compared to the rip saw I took off. 

It’s been out for a few years now hadn’t it?