Check your account email address ×

Biden vs. suburbs — here's how Dem plan would declare war on American dream

• Platinum Contributing Member

Trump is right.   This won't sit well with suburban moms.

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/joe-biden-suburban-america-newt-gingrich

Only the left can get to him in his basement, and the result is a steady slide to politically disastrous positions.

His most recent attack on the American people was his endorsement (or borrowing) of the Cory Booker-James Clyburn plan to use the federal government to destroy the suburbs by forcing changes imposed by Washington bureaucrats. The plan would seek to diversify American suburbs by withholding federal dollars from communities that do not change local zoning ordinances to accommodate denser housing.

Now, this policy is opposed by 65% of all Americans, with just 23% favoring government playing a role in diversifying neighborhoods, according to Rasmussen Reports. Among Democrats, 56% say it’s not the government’s job to dictate local community plans – along with 73% of Republicans and 68% of independents.

As Andrea Widburg wrote in American Thinker this month:

“People of all races, colors, and creeds move to the suburbs for the same reasons: Single-family homes with big gardens on wide streets that have minimal traffic and quality, safe schools that aren’t too far away from home. It’s all about raising children where they can safely play outdoors and get a good education. These things, of course, are the opposite of what one finds in a densely populated city.”

Of course, the tremendous increase in violence in big cities and the collapse of unionized bureaucratic schools have increased the desirability of moving to the suburbs.

1 hour ago, Mainecat said:

Hey genius without those places to live where you gonna get minimum wage workers for your factory?

From what I see, most factory workers are making above minimum wage.

• Thanks 3

4 hours ago, Mainecat said:

Hey genius without those places to live where you gonna get minimum wage workers for your factory?

factory in the suburbs ? when was the last time you saw a factory in a culdasack ?

people work hard and flip a few starter homes so they can move out of the fucking city or 1st tear burbs . but yeah just to say fuck them and mandate section 8 in every town .

Will go over like a led zepplin .

ask your self pampers ready for a low income high rise on your block ? 

1 minute ago, Ez ryder said:

factory in the suburbs ? when was the last time you saw a factory in a culdasack ?

people work hard and flip a few starter homes so they can move out of the fucking city or 1st tear burbs . but yeah just to say fuck them and mandate section 8 in every town .

Will go over like a led zepplin .

ask your self pampers ready for a low income high rise on your block ? 

Beside the 'camp' in Rangeley. :news:

15 hours ago, Mainecat said:

You have zero clue how well I take care of my people fuck head.  Go screw the SS system some more and live of your wife's families hard work douche bag.

Bet anything you would be the first to complain if some housing complex went up near your precious cabin.   

1 hour ago, Mainecat said:

The IQ level here drops daily.

so you are saying you are ok with a new section 8 development on yiur block ? are you going to the city councel gathering to voice your support ? thought so now go fuck your bullshit 

I live in a lake community less than 30 min from downtown mpls . let's just say there are a few nice houses around . the town I live in started talking about building a 8 story affordable housing with retail below right at about the letter  U in mound . took about a week for mulitiple lawsuits to hit the city lol overflowing city councel meetings people looking deep in to councel members finances .election  not looking  good for the upcoming council lol

Screenshot_20200813-081715.jpg

affordable housing should be a requirement of any major development project.  Affordable doesn't mean your moving in section 8 people into a housing project just that you have a percentage of the housing designated for those at X percent of the Area Median Income.  the people who work in a city should at least have a shot to be able to live in the city.  Last few affordable housing projects i've seen approved here had rents for a 2 bedroom in the roughly $2000/mo range

8 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

affordable housing should be a requirement of any major development project.  Affordable doesn't mean your moving in section 8 people into a housing project just that you have a percentage of the housing designated for those at X percent of the Area Median Income.  the people who work in a city should at least have a shot to be able to live in the city.  Last few affordable housing projects i've seen approved here had rents for a 2 bedroom in the roughly $2000/mo range

Not opposed to affordable housing however its not the fed govt's right or duty to force it on the burbs.   Each place should make those decisions on its own.   This occurs in small towns too and the responsibility should be on them.   They don't have to force multi unit complex's in single family home area's.

The problem is the fed govt using tax dollars they never should collect in the first place (and likely don't) and us it for political power.   That money should be collected by the state and local govt's and used as they wish. 

Edited by Highmark

25 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

Just let supply and demand take care of it.

16 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Not opposed to affordable housing however its not the fed govt's right or duty to force it on the burbs.   Each place should make those decisions on its own.   This occurs in small towns too and the responsibility should be on them.   They don't have to force multi unit complex's in single family home area's.

The problem is the fed govt using tax dollars they never should collect in the first place (and likely don't) and us it for political power.   That money should be collected by the state and local govt's and used as they wish. 

There is an area in every city and town i have ever been where putting a dense project in place makes sense.  Magically they were finding these places for the 55 plus community where zoning exceptions are almost always granted but not for workforce housing.  I get why a place wants 55+ over workforce given theirs no kids involved in 55+ projects which is why the percentage of workforce housing should be fairly low but should be a requirement of any project.   

3 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Just let supply and demand take care of it.

cheap housing demand will always be greater than supply.  without requirements being put in at a higher level no ones going to create the supply needed.      

4 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

There is an area in every city and town i have ever been where putting a dense project in place makes sense.  Magically they were finding these places for the 55 plus community where zoning exceptions are almost always granted but not for workforce housing.  I get why a place wants 55+ over workforce given theirs no kids involved in 55+ projects which is why the percentage of workforce housing should be fairly low but should be a requirement of any project.   

It should not be required.   Let the market play itself out.   Each development is different and should be able to decide for itself what works and what doesn't. 

If housing isn't affordable in an area then people won't stay and wages must rise in order for them to.   Simple as that.   People in cities want their barista's and what not pay them a wage so they can afford the housing or create it for them yourselves.   Don't force it out on others.   If the so called burbs want them then the same should occur.  Its not the fed govts job to do this.   If local communities want to enforce certain zoning requirements as long as its not discriminatory then its their right to do so. 

Edited by Highmark

• USA Contributing Member

Funny how blacks tend to live in one area, Porto Ricans have an area, city's have areas called little Italy or Chinatown...… often people would rather live where they feel comfortable.  Sure there are minorities living in rural areas but show me a town that is truly diversified.  I live in a small town that is probably 95% white, I don't think diversification is going to happen because people of other ethnicities don't want to live here.  

31 minutes ago, $poorsledder$ said:

Funny how blacks tend to live in one area, Porto Ricans have an area, city's have areas called little Italy or Chinatown...… often people would rather live where they feel comfortable.  Sure there are minorities living in rural areas but show me a town that is truly diversified.  I live in a small town that is probably 95% white, I don't think diversification is going to happen because people of other ethnicities don't want to live here.  

Economics is why there is a need for affordable housing not race.   As you say people prefer to remain with those like them so you're creating housing for the poor whites if you live in a primarily white area not housing for the PR 30 minutes away even though the conservatives sell that fear too often . 

The project they just approved here has 27 affordable force housing units (10% of project at 80% AMI) of 273 total approved units.   i would bet 90% of the affordable and market priced will be occupied by white families given the racial makeup of the city.  Planning board gave them a break,  requirement is actually 20% @ 60%AMI but they can reduce that like they did.