Check your account email address ×

Pretty good mortgage rates

8 hours ago, BOHICA said:

Super easy.  2.25% 15 year  Going from a 3.75%.  30 year with 25 years to go at minimum payments.  Pretty crazy savings over the life of the loan.

I need to get on this....as soon as I get the siding done I’m looking at going 15 or even 10 year with one of the local credit unions. If I can get near 3 I’ll be super happy

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

I need to get on this....as soon as I get the siding done I’m looking at going 15 or even 10 year with one of the local credit unions. If I can get near 3 I’ll be super happy

I finally made the call myself this week.  Was told by several that most banks and brokers are super busy right now because of the rates, and to expect it to take a bit to close.  I've seen some 2.75% rates, gonna have to dig a little further if I can get a 2.25%, by the time they pack the costs in, usually bumps the real rate a bit, but still.

Just now, DriftBusta said:

I finally made the call myself this week.  Was told by several that most banks and brokers are super busy right now because of the rates, and to expect it to take a bit to close.  I've seen some 2.75% rates, gonna have to dig a little further if I can get a 2.25%, by the time they pack the costs in, usually bumps the real rate a bit, but still.

We used a VA loan on the house in the beginning. Got a note yesterday offering 2.25/2.39.

Great if I needed it.

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

I've always had a 15 year on my last 3 houses, it's amazing how fast you gain equity with those. 

9 hours ago, BOHICA said:

Super easy.  2.25% 15 year  Going from a 3.75%.  30 year with 25 years to go at minimum payments.  Pretty crazy savings over the life of the loan.

Same.  In the works. 

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, Cold War said:

Same.  In the works. 

My wife saw somebody said rates were crazy low on her Facebook.  Told it was fake news like everything else on Facebook.

called a broker and bam.....  Close in prolly 2 weeks or less on a new VA.

Edited by BOHICA
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

2.25 would more than likely have points but 2.75 or so can be found without depending on the day.  Things are busy which has driven rates up some but they really can't fall much further,  Investors are goign to demand a return for the risk.  Pretty much every company is setting records month after month.  

16 minutes ago, ManOnManOral said:

1.75 is offered here in canada. Thankfully we have no mortgage. However at these rates I may get one and invest the money in the awesome stock market taking money from fools like ben.

Yah....the market is so amazing that’s it’s down for the year still ....oh wow

55 minutes ago, f7ben said:

yet I am making a killing. Sorry that you are inept and cannot win in this market. Perhaps you can get wolfie to guide you along before you are out on the street.

2 minutes ago, ManOnManOral said:

yet I am making a killing. Sorry that you are inept and cannot win in this market. Perhaps you can get wolfie to guide you along before you are out on the street.

You’re a liar and a fraud and a red nosed fat ass....kill yourself pegger

2 hours ago, f7ben said:

This is not the time for passive management, but very selective active management.  I'm up 7% YTD and would be up over 10% if not for the poor performance of one long term holding (Edgepoint).  The stocks pushing this are mostly what I call destructive innovators or new trend setters and it takes talent to filter through mostly garbage to find them.  So get help if you're unable (obviously) to find good picks.

2 hours ago, ManOnManOral said:

1.75 is offered here in canada. Thankfully we have no mortgage. However at these rates I may get one and invest the money in the awesome stock market taking money from fools like ben.

At that rate you only need a 2.7% tax efficient return to get past that borrowing.  Anyone who can't beat that should throw in the towel.

18 hours ago, BOHICA said:

Never had a mortgage on the 3 homes I bought, but holy cow that's a great % rate.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ManOnManOral said:

Your stuck on that point. if you are not getting your share all  you end up doing is paying others when they take theirs. Are you rteally this obtuse.

Yes sir....I am really this obtuse