Check your account email address ×

Texans Are Now Dying Every Six Minutes From COVID-19

Trump visiting Texas today...

Source: Newsweek

Texans are now dying every six minutes and 16 seconds from the coronavirus, according to a USA Today analysis of John Hopkins University data. 

After a record spike of infections in the past month, Texas is now facing the deadly consequences of those numbers. The state reported 1,607 deaths last week, bringing the total death toll to 5,877. 

This week, Texas changed its method of reporting COVID-19 deaths to include fatalities marked on death certificates as caused by the virus. The undercounting resulted in a jump of nearly 700 deaths in Monday's count, indicating that 12 percent of deaths had been unreported. 

Previously, the Texas Department of State Health Services relied on local and regional health departments to track the state's death toll.

Read more: https://www.newsweek.com/texans-are-now-dying-every-six-minutes-covid-19-1521337

Oh looked here dumb fuck Republican  tests positive...

Louie Gohmert, who refused to wear a mask, tests positive for coronavirus

Source: Politico

Rep. Louie Gohmert -- a Texas Republican who has been walking around the Capitol without a mask -- has tested positive for the coronavirus, according to multiple sources. 

Gohmert was scheduled to fly to Texas on Wednesday morning with President Donald Trump and tested positive in a pre-screen at the White House. The eighth-term Republican told CNN last month that he was not wearing a mask because he was being tested regularly for the coronavirus. 

"If I get it," he told CNN in June, "you'll never see me without a mask." 

Reps. Mario Diaz Balart (R-Fla.), Neal Dunn (R-Fla.), Morgan Griffith (R-Va.), Mike Kelly (R-Pa.), Ben McAdams (D-Utah) and Tom Rice (R-S.C.) have tested positive for the virus, along with Sen. Rand Paul (R-Tenn.).

Read more: https://www.politico.com/news/2020/07/29/louis-gohmert-who-refused-to-wear-a-mask-tests-positive-for-coronavirus-386076 

Is that on top of the other deaths in Texas from other causes at the rate of one every 5.5 minutes?

Death Rate Report for Texas by County

All Causes of Death, 2012-2016

All Races (includes Hispanic/Latino), Male, All Ages

Sorted by Rate
County Met Healthy People Objective of ***? Age-Adjusted Death Rate†deaths per 100,000(95% Confidence Interval) Average Annual Count Recent Trend Recent 5-Year Trend‡ in Death Rates(95% Confidence Interval)
Texas *** 879.4 (876.8, 882.0) 95,104 stable stable trend -0.3 (-0.9, 0.4)
United States *** 862.9 (862.2, 863.6) 1,336,185 stable stable trend -0.1 (-0.6, 0.4)
  • Like 1

You didn’t care when New York New Jersey Pennsylvania Michigan Illinois California we’re killing off senior citizens by forcing seniors with Covid in the nursing homes. They are still following this policy in the state of Michigan right now and Whitmer has a piece of legislation in front of her that she’s expected to veto that would end the policy that was supported by both Democrats and Republicans unanimously

3E999E38-64FF-4F11-8603-5B4BB3BCBAF8.png

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, Mainecat said:

It’s still a death every 6 minutes in Texas no matter how the right wing Trumptards deflect.

:lol: I'm not Right wing or a Trumptard. I simply posted Current Stats by the state of Texas

The virus is serious enough to have the full attention of the republican, Texas governor. A guy that dismissed the virus as bullshit early on. Same as trump. I don’t think I’ve ever seen such a collection of morons as there is here. I guess that’s the attraction of this place. It’s a petting zoo of half wits.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

The virus is serious enough to have the full attention of the republican, Texas governor. A guy that dismissed the virus as bullshit early on. Same as trump. I don’t think I’ve ever seen such a collection of morons as there is here. I guess that’s the attraction of this place. It’s a petting zoo of half wits.  

Ever since ckf installed that bug zapper. 

6 hours ago, Mainecat said:

Oh looked here dumb fuck Republican  tests positive...

Louie Gohmert, who refused to wear a mask, tests positive for coronavirus

Source: Politico

Rep. Louie Gohmert -- a Texas Republican who has been walking around the Capitol without a mask -- has tested positive for the coronavirus, according to multiple sources. 

Gohmert was scheduled to fly to Texas on Wednesday morning with President Donald Trump and tested positive in a pre-screen at the White House. The eighth-term Republican told CNN last month that he was not wearing a mask because he was being tested regularly for the coronavirus. 

"If I get it," he told CNN in June, "you'll never see me without a mask." 

Reps. Mario Diaz Balart (R-Fla.), Neal Dunn (R-Fla.), Morgan Griffith (R-Va.), Mike Kelly (R-Pa.), Ben McAdams (D-Utah) and Tom Rice (R-S.C.) have tested positive for the virus, along with Sen. Rand Paul (R-Tenn.).

Read more: https://www.politico.com/news/2020/07/29/louis-gohmert-who-refused-to-wear-a-mask-tests-positive-for-coronavirus-386076 

well at least he has a 99% chance at living through the covid . then he will have the antibodys in his system and can go on with his life you know just like the other 99% of people who catch a covid 

5 hours ago, Mainecat said:

It’s still a death every 6 minutes in Texas no matter how the right wing Trumptards deflect.

how many death's per min were there in tx this time last yr 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Mainecat said:

Trump visiting Texas today...

Source: Newsweek

Texans are now dying every six minutes and 16 seconds from the coronavirus, according to a USA Today analysis of John Hopkins University data. 

After a record spike of infections in the past month, Texas is now facing the deadly consequences of those numbers. The state reported 1,607 deaths last week, bringing the total death toll to 5,877. 

This week, Texas changed its method of reporting COVID-19 deaths to include fatalities marked on death certificates as caused by the virus. The undercounting resulted in a jump of nearly 700 deaths in Monday's count, indicating that 12 percent of deaths had been unreported. 

Previously, the Texas Department of State Health Services relied on local and regional health departments to track the state's death toll.

Read more: https://www.newsweek.com/texans-are-now-dying-every-six-minutes-covid-19-1521337

Can you show me the math on that?

10 hours ago, spin_dry said:

You should know...being the master of all dimwits.

Shit, even your poster child bitch Pelosi suddenly decided all members of congress need to wear masks now.