Check your account email address ×

Briggs & Stratton goes bust

1 minute ago, Carlos Danger said:

They blow up as well.   I actually think the Subaru small engine is the best going right now.  seeing more and more of them.  Honda's do run nice .....a couple of pulls and if it is going to run it will.

Never see them around here. More Yamaha's though :dunno: 

2 hours ago, spin_dry said:

My pressure washer has a sweet little Honda motor. It runs like sewing machine. Smoooth. I’ve had it 12 years and changed the oil twice. 

Got a Honda engine in my pressure washer too.  Old Home Depot rental until my FIL bought, abused, and then gave to me about 5 years ago.  Changed the oil a couple times. Think the carb is kind of messed up because it surges but still works fine. Started this spring on the first pull, couldn't believe it.

1 hour ago, Beavis and Butt-Head said:

even honda 4 wheelers are hard to beat,  sure they are slow as fuck and are boring but knew a guy who had a cam am 800 outty he says that thing is a problem child compare to his 2nd 4 wheeler which is honda 500 he says outty 800 is like well rounded tits lady , alot of fun then when problems will pop up after you are done using it :lol: 

800 miles on my Rancher. Bought it this spring, have had zero issues. Not the fastest or most powerful but still fun to ride.  

IMG_20200717_152132.jpg

4 hours ago, Carlos Danger said:

They blow up as well.   I actually think the Subaru small engine is the best going right now.  seeing more and more of them.  Honda's do run nice .....a couple of pulls and if it is going to run it will.

Subaru built a few snowmobile engines for Polaris. 

FUJI

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, bladefever said:

Subaru built a few snowmobile engines for Polaris. 

FUJI

I had a 2006 polaris 500 classic with a Fuji 488. It had 13,000 miles on it when I let it go. I was 16 when I had it and I rode the shit out of it. Never gave a single issue. 

My Subaru's vin plate says Fuji heavy industries. Also the Subaru Impreza sti's from Japan in the 90's came with a front strut tower bar that was labeled STI Fuji heavy industries aerospace division

sketch-1595400524265.png

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Fireball 440 said:

I bought a Honda mower last time around after junking 2 B&S mowers that were less than 5 years old. Never thought I'd buy a $400 mower but it was worth it in the end.

I had a Honda mower that lasted me 15 years. Gave it to my neighbor up north and he used it for probably 10 more. 
I cheaped out this time and every time I cut the grass I  wished I bought another Honda.

35 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

aka robin motors.

I thought subaru sold off their small motor business a few years back to yamaha.  

I have been looking at side by sides and the gas powered one made by Kubota has a Subaru 2cylinder in it.

1 minute ago, Carlos Danger said:

I have been looking at side by sides and the gas powered one made by Kubota has a Subaru 2cylinder in it.

i think those are about as small as they still make.   Polaris 120's used to run a Robin motor wonder what they run now.  

17 minutes ago, Edmo said:

I had a Honda mower that lasted me 15 years. Gave it to my neighbor up north and he used it for probably 10 more. 
I cheaped out this time and every time I cut the grass I  wished I bought another Honda.

I had a Montgomery Wards mower that was 30 years old when the deck finally fell apart.

Edited by Fireball 440

15 hours ago, Beavis and Butt-Head said:

what year?  his was a 08. axel was breaking, replacing brakes as soon as 300 miles,  hot as fuck on left side like a tanning bed lol , a lot of little things like that, he did say plenty of power one of few good things he mentioned. 

2007. Fukkin junk. Yes, hot as a bastard from exhaust. Brakes squealed. Sheet metal frame EASILY dented!!!

Valve let go on me, fucked it up big time. Sold as is, took a big loss. 

NEVER AGAIN BRP!!!!!!! NEVAH!!!!!!

16 hours ago, Stephen Hawking said:

I paid $200 more to get a Kawi motor in my riding mower about 4 years ago. I think it was money well spent. 

Kawi in my Deere mower and parts are a breeze. Local dealer has most in stock or next day...

4 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

aka robin motors.

I thought subaru sold off their small motor business a few years back to yamaha.  

Wisconsin Robin aka Subaru on my splitter...It's at least 30 years old. Muffler, carb kit in 30 years