Check your account email address ×

Jimmy Dore exposes Pelosi and MCconnel

I have to disagree with Jimmy here. I dont endorse any bail outs. Some of these state and local govts need to fail and file for re-organization under bankruptcy because they were basically bankrupt before the pandemic. Now they are going to get a reset? Property taxes and govt fees are going thru the roof here and I know for a fact that people are leaving Illinois for that reason alone in record numbers. 

Same with these banks and corps. They went down the tubes after 1 week of pandemic because they were operating in a reckless manner. Only one way to fix that, make them sit in their own poop. 

Edited by Anler
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Anler said:

I have to disagree with Jimmy here. I dont endorse any bail outs. Some of these state and local govts need to fail and file for re-organization under bankruptcy because they were basically bankrupt before the pandemic. Now they are going to get a reset? Property taxes and govt fees are going thru the roof here and I know for a fact that people are leaving Illinois for that reason alone in record numbers. 

Same with these banks and corps. They went down the tubes after 1 week of pandemic because they were operating in a reckless manner. Only one way to fic that, make them sit in their own poop. 

Lots and lots are leaving Democratic states. I wonder why? :dunno: 

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, Anler said:

Same with these banks and corps. They went down the tubes after 1 week of pandemic because they were operating in a reckless manner. Only one way to fic that, make them sit in their own poop. 

Property taxes in many states/counties are going to skyrocket. 

Edited by Highmark

24 minutes ago, irv said:

Lots and lots are leaving Democratic states. I wonder why? :dunno: 

Illinois isnt a "democratic" state. But the biggest county in Illinois dominates the state and it has been democrat forever. 

8 minutes ago, Anler said:

They are already high as fuck. 

Yes but without federal money many states/counties around the country will increase them even more.   So far we are pretty good here in Iowa.

3 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Yes but without federal money many states/counties around the country will increase them even more.   So far we are pretty good here in Iowa.

Thats why I am saying they need to re-organize under bankruptcy. The pos politicians sold their souls to the unions years ago and put in the constitution that the state could not declare bankruptcy because then all of the contracts would be void. Pension liabilities is killing the state. Its almost a quarter trillion dollars. The writing has been on the wall for a while now, getting out of that state 15 years ago may have been one of the smartest things I have done. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Anler said:

Illinois isnt a "democratic" state. But the biggest county in Illinois dominates the state and it has been democrat forever. 

:dunno:  Politics of Illinois. The US state of Illinois is a Democratic stronghold and one of the "big three" Democratic states alongside California and New York. It is considered one of the most Democratic states in the nation and following the 2018 elections, all six statewide elected offices are held by a Democrat.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Politics_of_Illinois#:~:text=The US state of Illinois,are held by a Democrat.

Illinois is a Democratic stronghold in presidential elections and one of the three largest Democratic states in the nation alongside California and New York. It is one of the most Democratic states in the nation with all state executive offices and both state legislative branches held by Democrats.[

1 hour ago, irv said:

:dunno:  Politics of Illinois. The US state of Illinois is a Democratic stronghold and one of the "big three" Democratic states alongside California and New York. It is considered one of the most Democratic states in the nation and following the 2018 elections, all six statewide elected offices are held by a Democrat.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Politics_of_Illinois#:~:text=The US state of Illinois,are held by a Democrat.

Illinois is a Democratic stronghold in presidential elections and one of the three largest Democratic states in the nation alongside California and New York. It is one of the most Democratic states in the nation with all state executive offices and both state legislative branches held by Democrats.[

But only because of one county. Problem is that county has like 9 million people. Just about every other county in the state is republican. The state has been proposing to secede from cook county for years. Its is coming up alot more now. Most of my life Illinois has had republican governors. Blagoevich was the first dem governor in 22 years and that was only because Ryan was going to jail. Otherwise he would have won again. 

Edited by Anler
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Anler said:

Thats why I am saying they need to re-organize under bankruptcy. The pos politicians sold their souls to the unions years ago and put in the constitution that the state could not declare bankruptcy because then all of the contracts would be void. Pension liabilities is killing the state. Its almost a quarter trillion dollars. The writing has been on the wall for a while now, getting out of that state 15 years ago may have been one of the smartest things I have done. 

unfortunately the small guys are going to feel pain but it needs to happen.  At least in my area the average pension is not out of control outside the fire/police.   but they are all going to have to take a haircut at some point to get us back on the right footing.  Exp in the democratic states where it's in more positions.  No one should be allowed to collect prior to 65 IMO.  if you want to be out at 50 or 60 fine but realize you need to cover yourself till 65 not the taxpayers just like the average citizen.    

Just now, Angry ginger said:

unfortunately the small guys are going to feel pain but it needs to happen.  At least in my area the average pension is not out of control outside the fire/police.   but they are all going to have to take a haircut at some point to get us back on the right footing.  Exp in the democratic states where it's in more positions.  No one should be allowed to collect prior to 65 IMO.  if you want to be out at 50 or 60 fine but realize you need to cover yourself till 65 not the taxpayers just like the average citizen.    

The math just doesnt work. Our fucking union was out shilling for Pritzker a couple years ago when they had a "fair" tax on the referendum. Its just an infinite tax they can raise at any time. That referendum raised taxes $7 billion dollars... 

I don't feel one bit sorry for a public sector union employee getting their ridiculous pension pulled out from under them.   I'm not talking about the career postal worker or teacher who earned a modest pension.   I'm talking about the ridiculous ones we see all the time of $100-150K pensions because they scammed the system.   

Just now, Highmark said:

I don't feel one bit sorry for a public sector union employee getting their ridiculous pension pulled out from under them.   I'm not talking about the career postal worker or teacher who earned a modest pension.   I'm talking about the ridiculous ones we see all the time of $100-150K pensions because they scammed the system.   

fuck even retiring at 50 from the PD at 75k+ should not be allowed.  I have several friends in that boat.  One is trying to get my son to join the PD as a summer officer next year.  The one benefit as I told my son is the pension but he does not like the police system.  These guys work the hell out of details in their late 40's early 50's and then retire at 70% of the blown up number at 51-52.  -  crazy.  Another guy i have known since HS is 1-2 years away from collecting.  He was 2 years ahead of me,  Dispatcher at 20,  summer officer at 21,  FT at 22 retiring at 52.  I see him working every detail in town lately to pad his number. No pension in the public sector should be based on anything besides base.    

2 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Afuckingmen and you can speak for yourself but in Wisconsin, the teachers union was fucking the taxpayer hard for years. Thank god Scott Walker stepped in and cleaned up the mess. 

Just now, snoughnut said:

Afuckingmen and you can speak for yourself but in Wisconsin, the teachers union was fucking the taxpayer hard for years. Thank god Scott Walker stepped in and cleaned up the mess. 

but gave cops and firefighters a pass.  SMH

1 minute ago, Angry ginger said:

fuck even retiring at 50 from the PD at 75k+ should not be allowed.  I have several friends in that boat.  One is trying to get my son to join the PD as a summer officer next year.  The one benefit as I told my son is the pension but he does not like the police system.  These guys work the hell out of details in their late 40's early 50's and then retire at 70% of the blown up number at 51-52.  -  crazy.  Another guy i have known since HS is 1-2 years away from collecting.  He was 2 years ahead of me,  Dispatcher at 20,  summer officer at 21,  FT at 22 retiring at 52.  I see him working every detail in town lately to pad his number. No pension in the public sector should be based on anything besides base.    

Agreed.

Interesting read on the pension system in Wisconsin...article is from 2011 but explains things pretty well. 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/rickungar/2011/02/25/the-wisconsin-lie-exposed-taxpayers-actually-contribute-nothing-to-public-employee-pensions/#6cb967a835e4

51 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

Reduce the benefits and you'll reduce the amount that apply to become police officers. 

I know it is not a perfect system and some police depts have it easier than others but, imo, if you've put up with shit like you could have never imagined for 30 yrs straight years, you deserve a decent pension. 

37 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Interesting read on the pension system in Wisconsin...article is from 2011 but explains things pretty well. 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/rickungar/2011/02/25/the-wisconsin-lie-exposed-taxpayers-actually-contribute-nothing-to-public-employee-pensions/#6cb967a835e4

Thanks to Scott Walker and Act 10

In 2011, the Wisconsin legislature passed and then-Gov. Scott Walker signed a reform package that included measures designed to improve pension sustainability. As an attempt to balance the state budget after a large deficit, Act 10 introduced pension cost- and risk-sharing measures that remain in effect today:

• General-status and elected-status WRS participants are required to contribute half of all actuarially required contributions. Protective-status (public safety) employees are responsible for the same contribution rate as general-status participants, with employers covering the remainder of the required contribution. 
  • WRS employers are prohibited from taking over portions of required contributions for participating employees (so-called “pick-ups”), with exemptions for public safety employees utilizing collective bargaining agreements with those conditions. 
  • The pension benefit formula for executive-status employees—including the governor, members of the state legislature and unclassified executives—was reduced to 1.6 percent from 2 percent to match the existing rate for general-status employees.
  • Those hired into public employment on or after July 1, 2011, are subject to a five-year vesting requirement, requiring a minimum of five years of creditable service to be eligible to receive a WRS benefit.

Combining these cost-sharing methods with full annual actuarially determined contributions into the system has reduced financial risk while helping restore system solvency.

That same year, Act 32 modified Act 10 by prohibiting municipal employers of police and fire employees and state employers of troopers and vehicle inspectors from utilizing pick-ups, reinforcing shared responsibility of employers and employees.

These policies relieve pressure on taxpayers and promote a shared sense of responsibility to maintain solvency. Failing to immediately address the losses caused by the Great Recession of the late 2000s and early 2010s could have prompted growing pension debt. Instead, the reforms Wisconsin enacted ensured healthy pension funding and prudent risk-sharing policies going forward.