Check your account email address ×

Jimmy Dore exposes Pelosi and MCconnel

3 minutes ago, irv said:

Reduce the benefits and you'll reduce the amount that apply to become police officers. 

I know it is not a perfect system and some police depts have it easier than others but, imo, if you've put up with shit like you could have never imagined for 30 yrs straight years, you deserve a decent pension. 

@65

you get vested and want to work something else because your burned out fine but collecting longer than you worked no thanks.  that is the epitome of fucking the taxpayers.   

• Platinum Contributing Member

I don’t live in Wisconsin obviously and I’m open to all the info about the situation. The Forbes article makes it sound as if the truth about the pension system was twisted for political purposes (shocking I know) and that many people didn’t realize that the employees contribution was a portion of their agreed upon pay. I also understand that taxpayers were frequently called upon to make up shortfalls which isn’t right.

3 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

@65

you get vested and want to work something else because your burned out fine but collecting longer than you worked no thanks.  that is the epitome of fucking the taxpayers.   

Bingo and these municipalities that agreed to those collectively bargained standards should all be punched in the ballbag.🤣

5 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

@65

Good luck getting any Police Officers to sign up for that nonsense. The same can be said for most vocations that have a pension. Do you think people will work hard to try to get into these places for a career? In order to attract the best, most qualified people in any business, there has to be a carrot dangled. No pension or working 40+ years in order to get one will not attract the kinds of people these places need.

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

I don't feel one bit sorry for a public sector union employee getting their ridiculous pension pulled out from under them.   I'm not talking about the career postal worker or teacher who earned a modest pension.   I'm talking about the ridiculous ones we see all the time of $100-150K pensions because they scammed the system.   

I do, they worked for something that they were promised, its not their fault some greedy POS's fucked them and the rest of the state over. Not all of the pensions are ridiculous but there are plenty that are. The administrator pensions and the multi pension fucks should really have to take a cut. Getting $200k a year plus COL increases is just bullshit. 

AND... to top is off most of those retirees leave the state as soon as they get their pension so they are taking the money to a totally different economy and dumping it there. Its a double fuck you to the tax payers. 

Edited by Anler

6 minutes ago, Anler said:

I do, they worked for something that they were promised, its not their fault some greedy POS's fucked them and the rest of the state over. Not all of the pensions are ridiculous but there are plenty that are. The administrator pensions and the multi pension fucks should really have to take a cut. Getting $200k a year plus COL increases is just bullshit. 

AND... to top is off most of those retirees leave the state as soon as they get their pension so they are taking the money to a totally different economy and dumping it there. Its a double fuck you to the tax payers. 

I think we are talking about the same ridiculous pensions.   Their position need not matter.   

35 minutes ago, irv said:

Good luck getting any Police Officers to sign up for that nonsense. The same can be said for most vocations that have a pension. Do you think people will work hard to try to get into these places for a career? In order to attract the best, most qualified people in any business, there has to be a carrot dangled. No pension or working 40+ years in order to get one will not attract the kinds of people these places need.

well clearly the quality of police we get now isn't so good so maybe it's a change for the better.  maybe the new ones will sell out the bad cops rather than protecting them.   Cops wife got beaten up a few towns over the other night.  they arrested her even though she had a bunch of broken ribs from him beating on her.  Thin blue line at work.   

• Confused 1

39 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

well clearly the quality of police we get now isn't so good so maybe it's a change for the better.  maybe the new ones will sell out the bad cops rather than protecting them.   Cops wife got beaten up a few towns over the other night.  they arrested her even though she had a bunch of broken ribs from him beating on her.  Thin blue line at work.   

I know all we hear about are the bad ones because it sells newspapers and gets people to tune in but the majority are good ones. 

26 minutes ago, irv said:

I know all we hear about are the bad ones because it sells newspapers and gets people to tune in but the majority are good ones. 

the "good" ones often cover for the bad.   if they were truly good they would help eliminate them.  Every cop knows who the bad ones in their department are.  

• Thanks 1