Check your account email address ×

FSCE Shop Talk

so i ended up getting my drill. amazon said the kit came with a depth gauge that attaches to the side handle. mine did not come with the correct side handle for a depth gauge or the depth gauge itself. worst of all the exact same worthless hammer drill chuck is used on the regular non hammer drill, the same one that flops around. jesus fucking christ that is the most retarded fucking shit ive ever seen. i will probably replace it with a keyed chuck in the future

Edited by FrankieJames7

2 hours ago, FrankieJames7 said:

so i ended up getting my drill. amazon said the kit came with a depth gauge that attaches to the side handle. mine did not come with the correct side handle for a depth gauge or the depth gauge itself. worst of all the exact same worthless hammer drill chuck is used on the regular non hammer drill, the same one that flops around. jesus fucking christ that is the most retarded fucking shit ive ever seen. i will probably replace it with a keyed chuck in the future

Sorry to here that. What I've always done for depth is a wrap of electrical tape around the drill bit. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Big Crappie said:

Sorry to here that. What I've always done for depth is a wrap of electrical tape around the drill bit. 

it's no big deal. what im most mad about is that they said i was going to get it, and i didnt get it. drill is most likely going to stay with me a decade or 2, but it's always hit and miss buying something on the internet from a picture vs going to the store and seeing in real life before paying.

• Like 1

not sure if i already posted this, but i got my tekton full 1/2 drive set. took the ratchet apart, minor rust, chrome plating is not very even and there is bare spots on the inner part of the ratchet that usually gets covered by the gear. first time opening the 10 inch extension was flopping around and not in its spot in the blow moulded case. 10/10 recommend if u r less than 50 percent to owning a complete socket set with shallow, deep, metric, and inches. gear on the ratchet is not great and have small burs or have already rounded over during assembly or manufacturing. bfd. i will replace the tekton ratchet with a better one and make the tekton a vehicle travel tool or back in storage

17 hours ago, FrankieJames7 said:

that's an acceptable answer. good job. next time you're in AK u can have a cookie

It is a good cart for the money.  I usually seen coopins for around $150 for them.  

That being said, I spent the extra $40 and bought the 5 drawer.  

9 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

It is a good cart for the money.  I usually seen coopins for around $150 for them.  

That being said, I spent the extra $40 and bought the 5 drawer.  

i noticed that already. i aint gunna bullshit ya but i am jealous of that. i will talk to a shipping company to see if they can go to a harbor freight store and ship a 5 drawer cart 

1 hour ago, FrankieJames7 said:

i noticed that already. i aint gunna bullshit ya but i am jealous of that. i will talk to a shipping company to see if they can go to a harbor freight store and ship a 5 drawer cart 

I bought mine for $185 plus tax at their parking lot sale here in the hood.  I normally see coupons for around $200 for it, and they offer it in white too, if the white toolbox thing turns your crank.  

IMO, even at the normal $240, it is still a good piece.  

I'd order the side tray and magnetic can holder at the same time you order your box.  

Ax the can holder if you get the 5 drawer as it comes with one.

10 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

I bought mine for $185 plus tax at their parking lot sale here in the hood.  I normally see coupons for around $200 for it, and they offer it in white too, if the white toolbox thing turns your crank.  

IMO, even at the normal $240, it is still a good piece.  

I'd order the side tray and magnetic can holder at the same time you order your box.  

Ax the can holder if you get the 5 drawer as it comes with one.

see what 240 bones from craftsman or husky get u lmao. sadness and disappointment 

• Gold Member
8 hours ago, dz246 said:

Bought this grinder today, on sale for half price. Hope there's not a reason why it was so cheap... :lol:

IMG_20200531_194406910.jpg

I have one and it's pretty solid. Buy a bigger battery if you don't have one as it eats the small ones quickly. 

5 hours ago, Stephen Hawking said:

I have one and it's pretty solid. Buy a bigger battery if you don't have one as it eats the small ones quickly. 

Have some 5ah

11 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Anyone here sporting Ridgid power tools for the Homeless Despot?  

Thinking about switching brands for the home gamer stuff.

I’ve got a couple.  Pretty good tools.  No problems so far.  I don’t like some of their stuff though.  Their saws are too bulky.  I still prefer my DeWalt over anything, then Bosch.  Rigid or Milwaukee next.

12 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Anyone here sporting Ridgid power tools for the Homeless Despot?  

Thinking about switching brands for the home gamer stuff.

Yes, works for what I need them for.  Have many cordless and corded tools.  Pros might want something like Milwaukee or DeWalt but Ridgid works great for me. 

Where I really notice the differences is stuff like the impact drivers running in 3" deck screws.  If your are doing some projects around the house the extra second or two makes no difference.  A pro making their living with the tools it matters.