Check your account email address ×

FSCE Shop Talk

1 hour ago, racinfarmer said:

Don't finance the tools man.  

why not? all over tool boxes here are craftsman and husky. believe me i would have much rather gotten a harbor freight one but i cant. shipping it would be more than the box itself is worth

25 minutes ago, FrankieJames7 said:

why not? all over tool boxes here are craftsman and husky. believe me i would have much rather gotten a harbor freight one but i cant. shipping it would be more than the box itself is worth

Why would the shipping on the Blue Point be any cheaper the the Harbor Freight box?

6 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

Never finance tools.

Only house and education, and I question the education one these days.

22 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

Why would the shipping on the Blue Point be any cheaper the the Harbor Freight box?

Only house and education, and I question the education one these days.

It's not.

A house is the only thing worth borrowing money for.

21 hours ago, FrankieJames7 said:

free shipping to the dealer

"Free" :lol:

1 minute ago, racinfarmer said:

We are a house full of slow learners.  Did it twice, the both of us.  

I did it once and stated doing it twice before I figured out the game.  Those days are in the rear view mirror.

Frankie's toolbox reminds me of buying a new wallet when I was a kid. Spent all my money on the wallet and didn't have any money left to put in it.

18 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

I did it once and stated doing it twice before I figured out the game.  Those days are in the rear view mirror.

Frankie's toolbox reminds me of buying a new wallet when I was a kid. Spent all my money on the wallet and didn't have any money left to put in it.

I'm not sure if round 2 was worth it.  Was supposed to have round 2 paid for by a company I was going to work for after I graduated.  

That turned into a shit show and fell apart.  Yeah, that cost a bit of money.  

• Platinum Contributing Member

Picked up a couple new torque wrenches for around the house and a set of oil filter pliers today.. Waiting on a  couple other things to arrive

IMG_20200619_180300129.jpg

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
20 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Did a 5S'ing day at our model shop. 

Should be interesting what we can bid on next week.

What's that??:smack:

Put together a small welding table from material I was given.  Only a 1/4" steel top but there is a sturdy frame underneath.  Will be nice to have a metal table, the melamine on my work bench melts.  

Will make a larger table later with a thicker top when I have the rest of the shop concreted.

7NAXu33ZEf8qPfFEh27oHRF5zrntGfMxPvIBYv1yz9hYlrh-Js_SjKrsHwP0WcTihfGZZcDR1EsyVNraIPZgcbT1zOk_LuQaein9mJEIIB-CUEZ1HMLP5iOz0XszBaeyVuBKX2cA5avAEBvtDErKN9hHbVkbzyrkwNgshNueKZwNqYN7twfusIlGYBvohFXC8GnHx6S__BAsLwULsw_NyfnHabQM2Ei0EI2uvSNQpn-B92zh5sxoaaERNlP1T1HkOzHRIkp5pUMCRcSGZp-yumCMp9X4HvFmFkablGit5AnwAXgCiameydLzldBu4srgRUCFmYamYPagWmu4l-smXFOalwDDgTbud3G65JFcN4p0p8I56n_2psKC9948u2jEWtotd5Ijnnfh3-LTsThYm1EU_GYm-RbPEUmvP1eDWxq_xhKeAAj8MikGktwY6cVVomm19KEzdz4ziJ8MlEn2aalRAgnoBSylYaWJyOAs-SDMqvuVtVV6KhJhRwOkHQAYLrHHOlk-K4lnjC58MFPZmqE4Me6ttRZA2C2wGhX3-cu0INu9YKhk9vrKgbtwyeOzheHQFXi21a6nmLl9hjNx3KqE0W5RN0YPojOljTdDPd8h7olOdFvlp7SplF64XL3-FNkEXX3oNM8nU0FiwJVQqbwsHZw6bp2EY2iumzWv7kFEVQskxCELJXVklfUHFA=w1204-h903-no?authuser=0

• Like 1

couple new things, got a 1/2 inch makita impact wrench, brushless 18v. what is interesting is, ive only charged my batteries one time since i got them, and my drill never used up a bar, but the first couple times i used my impact gun it used up a 25% bar. safety and direction switch is in a bad spot, if your used to holding a real gun, and you try to hold this impact like that you will almost always put the gun into safety. you have to train yourself to hold the switch in the direction you want. i tried m18 fuel impact, it is not an issue on that one. one interesting thing i noticed, the makita has a flexible coupler connection at the bottom handle so the battery is isolated from vibration and wont unclip itself. so far so good for 262 picked up at the store

On 6/18/2020 at 6:45 PM, teamgreen02 said:

It's not.

A house is the only thing worth borrowing money for.

"Free" :lol:

it is 1100 delivered. a harbor freight box would have been about 1000 to get here. there is free shipping to lowes and home depot, but would you really want a craftsman tool box? shut the fuck you retarded know nothing piece of shit!!!