Check your account email address ×

What one car would you buy for $1,000,000?

• Platinum Contributing Member
12 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

Yep. ANd I do believe that R/T you described was one of only 8 made and did sell for $1 mil. 

I think one sold for around $1.5 a couple years ago.

A quick google says I likely won't find one for $1mil. Found one for sale with an asking of $1.8 and Mecum had one go through the auction with an appraisal estimate of $2-2.5 mil.

There were only 9 made. 4 autos and 5 manuals.

This is fantasy anyways so.....

23 hours ago, BOHICA said:

Ford GT

The original, the first remake, or the new one? I'd go with the first remake and use the rest of the million on modifications to make it a real race car.

On 5/8/2020 at 10:19 PM, mtnloverxtreme2 said:

the sexiest car yamaha ever made

Yes, Yamaha had a big hand in creating the car and supplying the power for the 2000GT. Toyota's Satoru Nozaki is responsible for the design.

A few years ago, I spent an afternoon getting a tour of a local guy's car collection. At the time had had a bunch of 2000GTs, some Lambos, some Ferraris (including a Dino), an original Shelby Cobra, a Ford GT40, and countless other exotics.

Toyota 2000GT.JPG

Bond 2000GT.JPG

Shelby.jpeg

Edited by CaddisFly
  • Like 2

One of the partners for an accounting firm I worked with pulled in with one of these one day. Sexiest car I’ve ever seen in person. The top of the F40 was like waist high. He said it was 400g’s.

53346B1C-AD1D-4E67-AE25-A3B96A640D0B.png

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Edmo said:

One of the partners for an accounting firm I worked with pulled in with one of these one day. Sexiest car I’ve ever seen in person. The top of the F40 was like waist high. He said it was 400g’s.

53346B1C-AD1D-4E67-AE25-A3B96A640D0B.png

Does he still have it? Worth 3-4 times that now! 

5 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

The Ferrari purists were disappointed with the F40 when it came out since it didn't have V12 power.

Remember this was 87-92. Nobody had anything nearly this cool in that era. Most production cars were complete garbage.

9 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

The Ferrari purists were disappointed with the F40 when it came out since it didn't have V12 power.

Or a radio, ac, door panels, door latches, enough paint to cover the body panels, etc! 

10 minutes ago, Edmo said:

Remember this was 87-92. Nobody had anything nearly this cool in that era. Most production cars were complete garbage.

Countach, Diablo, XJ220, and 959 all come to mind as being as cool as a F40 to me!

8 minutes ago, Dieselgeek said:

Or a radio, ac, door panels, door latches, enough paint to cover the body panels, etc! 

The later models had more paint thrown at them.  Many people think they are repainted cars, but not always.  

4 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Countach, Diablo, XJ220, and 959 all come to mind as being as cool as a F40 to me!

The later models had more paint thrown at them.  Many people think they are repainted cars, but not always.  

Loved Lambos as a kid.  Had several posters in my room until the day I moved out.  Of course, I also had posters of babes in bikinis also.  I guess I only had the talent to acquire only one of those. Who’d have guessed the cars would have been cheaper....and less prone to problems?

D56A3220-B5BB-48BA-B006-90F2253A4C71.jpeg