Check your account email address ×

Question for the 'fuck wearing a mask' crew

Just now, Big Crappie said:

Ok 60-70%. Obviously not everyone but that is still the vast majority. 

But what happens to the other 30%?  They dont get it?  

• Platinum Contributing Member
12 hours ago, jammin said:

My opinion is not a thing. They've always been that person and will continue to be pandemic or not.  Saw a guy on a motorcycle yesterday wearing a mask and thought that was a bit extreme. 

Lol....great weather here today.  Seen a guy in a BMW convertible, top down mask on........wtf.  Something tells me he didn't pick up any chics.

9 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

It just seems that a neck gator would be completely worthless for stopping a virus. If you're going to the trouble of wearing a mask it should be effective. Otherwise its just a symbol of compliance and not anything more. 

9 hours ago, Zambroski said:

It is...so  are bandanas and any other type of clothing article draped over the face.  But...it makes you look like you are following orders and "concerned" for others safety.  Let's be honest, that's really the important thing

Yup....n95 may work but these cloth and surgical masks have about the same effectiveness as a chain link fence stopping mosquitoes.  

4 hours ago, ckf said:

Masks are required here at all stores and I do comply. Not a big beleiver in their effectiveness except as Big Crappie pointed out, when coughing or sneezing may help a little .... but the fine aerosoled particles will still get through but maybe not as far?.....Dont know.

I think the most benificial thing anyone can do is adhere to the 6 foot rule.....that makes the most sense to me.

Now touching objects of an infected person  is a whole different story....:lol:

2 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

The other 30% won't have to get it. The virus will not be able to find more people to infect and will die out at 60-70%.

Read the link.

1 minute ago, AKIQPilot said:

With as many people that they are finding who have had this with zero symptoms as testing is showing we already may be near  the 60-70 %

Just now, Big Crappie said:

The other 30% won't have to get it. The virus will not be able to find more people to infect and will die out at 60-70%.

Read the link.

I read the link. I didnt see the part where he said the other 30% wont get it. Must have missed it. 

1 minute ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

With as many people that they are finding who have had this with zero symptoms as testing is showing we already may be near  the 60-70 %

Unless you believe there are a lot of false positives like some were claiming the other day. 

18 hours ago, ckf said:

You know damn well that you have been badgering me on this. Anyone with half a brain can see that by going back and reading the thread.  Your off topic cry is pathetic around here and you know it.

It's a fucking thread about masks!

If it was about summer tires in the winter, are you going to advocate for tire chains?

Chill ckf. I think you got the Ronabrain....

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Snake said:

It's a fucking thread about masks!

If it was about summer tires in the winter, are you going to advocate for tire chains?

Chill ckf. I think you got the Ronabrain....

I have my reasons for taking this more seriously than most. I do let my emotions get the best of me at times. If I act like an asshole,  I apologize. :bc: 

Edited by ckf

1 minute ago, ckf said:

I have my reasons for taking this more seriously than most. I do let my emotions get the best of me at times. If I act like an asshole,  I apologize. :bc: 

It's fine and I get it.

I have my trigger points as well.

We all need to get back to normal. You agree this isn't the normal you. Neither am I. :bc:

• Thanks 1

I am having to make weekly trips to Bangor to get my parents their stuff. I haven't spent time with them in over 2 months, It kills me to drop shit off and not visit for the afternoon like usual. This thing is a shit show and it's getting to us all....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Snake said:

It's fine and I get it.

I have my trigger points as well.

We all need to get back to normal. You agree this isn't the normal you. Neither am I. :bc:

Thanks Moe  :bc:

6 minutes ago, Snake said:

I am having to make weekly trips to Bangor to get my parents their stuff. I haven't spent time with them in over 2 months, It kills me to drop shit off and not visit for the afternoon like usual. This thing is a shit show and it's getting to us all....

We have been doing the same for Nicole's parents. I miss spending  time with them as well. Izzy, our dog, goes nuts when we get there and she can't get out of the car and visit with them. 

5 minutes ago, ckf said:

Thanks Moe  :bc:

We have been doing the same for Nicole's parents. I miss spending  time with them as well. Izzy, our dog, goes nuts when we get there and she can't get out of the car and visit with them. 

This will all be good fodder on FS v3.9.8

Edited by Snake
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ckf said:

And I really did not mean to ruffle feathers in this thread. Without a doubt you have my apologies. 

This virus is hitting everyone differently. Thats something I should have recognized a while ago. Ive made many comments over the last 2-3 months that were inappropriate. From Boomer Aids to let the old people die to if you're sick you have no business going outside to quarantine the sick not the healthy, etc. Some of those comments were my coping mechanism and some were just wholly inconsiderate.  My comments hurt people here that I didn't want to hurt.  They hurt people that I have known for many years but haven't yet met. I recognized that a few weeks back and tried to tone it down some. I want to apologize to all of you who have been cut by my comments these past months. I am a better person than who I have pretended to be recently. 

That said, we made it home to AK  last night. The flight was full. Every seat was filled except the middle seats. In addition to that almost every person on the flight was wearing a mask. The entire flight crew was wearing a mask. My wife and I wore ours. Alaska has been super serious about this virus since mid February.  Our Republican Gov and the Democrat mayor of Anchorage have done a great job of locking down this state. I think the proof of that is in our numbers. 

So lets get back to hoping, praying and working toward getting this shit behind us. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

On 5/2/2020 at 12:09 PM, Jimmy Snacks said:

What's on your mind Tom...why don't you just spill it. The place  was virtually empty and the other day I wore a more traditional mask to the grocery store and vet...they only let me in because they were euthanizing one of our dogs and they would only allow one person in.

Sorry for the loss of your dog, pets are like family. 

12 minutes ago, 03classic700 said:

Sorry for the loss of your dog, pets are like family. 

Thanks my man....she was a sweet little girl.

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

I'm actually in the midst of a change of heart....for the greater good and all.  :lol:

$14.95

Make America Great Again' Breathing Masks - Truth or Fiction?

Forget about the 6 foot rule......those are gonna trigger some up and close personal beatings

I'm actually in the midst of a change of heart....for the greater good and all.  :lol:

$14.95

why don't you start sucking cock for a living while your at it.  clearly with trumps gargled to the sack you'll have no problem with that.  

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

why don't you start sucking cock for a living while your at it.  clearly with trumps gargled to the sack you'll have no problem with that.  

Exhibit A....^

:lol::bbq:

• Haha 1

$14.95

I,m actually waiting for the ones that have a pretty pussy pic on them, that you can scratch and sniff from the inside. They are coming from China, so I don,t know if I,ll ever get them.

2 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Damn Jim Im so sorry to hear that. That has got to be one of the toughest pieces of paper one will ever sign. I put my down almost a month ago and I still have days where I am a useless walking zombie. 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Damn Jim Im so sorry to hear that. That has got to be one of the toughest pieces of paper one will ever sign. I put my down almost a month ago and I still have days where I am a useless walking zombie. 

Thanks Steve...she had a long life and it was time but it's always gut wrenching. Sorry for your loss as well...they sure have a way of becoming an important part of our lives. 

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

2 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

That’s sucks hard.  Sorry to hear it.  I know the feeling oh too well and too many times.

1 hour ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

Forget about the 6 foot rule......those are gonna trigger some up and close personal beatings

Yep!  And look at this ginger mother fucker right here wanton’ to get slapped around then curb stomped first!!!!  :lmao:

VVVVVVVV

1 hour ago, Angry ginger said:

If you mask up....they will come!  :lol:

1 hour ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

Exhibit A....^

:lol::bbq:

:lol:

• Like 1