Check your account email address ×

Met a gal on the beach today

She got the CV in February.  She is 26 and very healthy. She said she came down with a fever and a day later lost her sense of smell and taste. Her fever got so 103 and she went to the hospital.  They treated her for 2 days and her fever broke. She tested positive. They made her quarantine at home. The day she came out of the hospital her boyfriend got the fever and lost his taste and smell.  They quarantined together. Every day was easier than the last. The BF told me he felt bad for about 3 days. But immediately got over it with no noticeable affects.  He was not tested but is sure he had the same thing as his GF. 

Julie the gal said she still struggles to taste some things but other than that she feels normal now.   These guys live in Longbeach CA. 

21 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Right...people get this and recover...are you trying make a broader point? 

No. Just the first two people I had met face to face that had first hand experience. Besides the 3 people in AK that I know who got it and recovered with even less complications.  

Both of these kids got it and one tested positive the other didn't test. All 3 of my AK buddies tested positive

I was relaying an experience I had an hour ago. Nothing more or leas. 

4 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

LOL!!!! Jimmy wants this to be a “roller coaster story”. 

:lol:
Three days then he recovered?  Nope, Jim’s not buying it.

3-4 days. Basically the same as 2 of my friends in AK, Tom and Rachel. The third friend Bill was 100% asymptomatic Never knew he had it. Not one single sign. Only went in because he had direct contact with Tom 2 days before Tom lost his sense of smell/taste.   Bill tested positive and had to quarantine for 14 days. 

The manager of the trailer park also got it and recovered. He is early 40’s super fat at the beltline and smokes. He was out for around a month. He is back now running around like nothing happened. Not as much of a dick as normal so that is good. 

A neighbor in the park Jim may have gotten it but not sure.  He was rushed to the hospital here in Havasu about 3 weeks ago. He was delirious and talking all crazy. Every day in the hospital he got worse but it wasn't respiratory problems. He just became less and less responsive. About 6 days ago he slipped into a coma. His wife stopped by today and told us they were going to remove him from life support tomorrow. 55 years of marriage.  DeeDee is having a tough time.  They are from Northern MN. She has hired a driver to get their motorhome back home. 

• Sad 4

• Gold Member

Beach and 26 year old girl that is fit...  do I need to ask or are going to post the pic?  Who gives 2 fucks about Covid beside the old with preexisting conditions?

Edited by BOHICA
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
47 minutes ago, washedupmxer said:

32 days on vent is common

Who said that....why do lie and make shit up so often. Stick to lying about your job...you're good at it. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

Loss of smell/taste seems to be common for this virus. So I bet you really scrubbed up after you left.:lmao:

No not at all. I went for a swim. They were having trouble with one of their jetskis so I had to help them get it running. I had tools. We fixed it. Had a little water in the fuel. They said they had filled up with 5 gallon jugs on the beach yesterday.  Must have gotten some water in the fuel system. 

• Like 1

• Gold Member
3 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

No. Just the first two people I had met face to face that had first hand experience. Besides the 3 people in AK that I know who got it and recovered with even less complications.  

Both of these kids got it and one tested positive the other didn't test. All 3 of my AK buddies tested positive

I was relaying an experience I had an hour ago. Nothing more or leas. 

We had to send a kid to Anchorage from the Seward Shipyard for testing yesterday. Thought around the yard is he didn't wanna do the work but who knows.

54 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

We had to send a kid to Anchorage from the Seward Shipyard for testing yesterday. Thought around the yard is he didn't wanna do the work but who knows.

You're back in AK now?  

16 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

Yeah, just moved on the boat today, should be launching this week if all goes well.

Oh nice. You guys going to be delivering fuel again this year?  That should be a gig you know well by now.

We get back in state on May 2. maybe we can hook up for a beer sometime this summer. 

4 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

3-4 days. Basically the same as 2 of my friends in AK, Tom and Rachel. The third friend Bill was 100% asymptomatic Never knew he had it. Not one single sign. Only went in because he had direct contact with Tom 2 days before Tom lost his sense of smell/taste.   Bill tested positive and had to quarantine for 14 days. 

Stop lying lmao 

• Gold Member
31 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Oh nice. You guys going to be delivering fuel again this year?  That should be a gig you know well by now.

We get back in state on May 2. maybe we can hook up for a beer sometime this summer. 

I am 2nd Mate/Tankerman this season. Mostly pimping fuel but I am supposed to be trained as a mate. I'm lookinst vacationing in Anchorage at some point to avoid quarentine issues. I'll let you know when, a beer or two would be great. :bc:

6 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Right...people get this and recover...are you trying make a broader point? 

Should they have grew feathers and exploded?  What does CNN tell you should happen...?

Edited by ACE
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, Zambroski said:

LOL!!!! Jimmy wants this to be a “roller coaster story”. 

:lol:
Three days then he recovered?  Nope, Jim’s not buying it.

12 hours ago, washedupmxer said:

32 days on vent is common

It's ok for some to sensationalize the narrative, but when the actual truth comes out they sure get hurt.

36 minutes ago, racer254 said:

It's ok for some to sensationalize the narrative, but when the actual truth comes out they sure get hurt.

Some desperately seek validation for their emotional states, when it doesn’t come, they get upset.  Normal....for weak minds.

9 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Some desperately seek validation for their emotional states, when it doesn’t come, they get upset.  Normal....for weak minds.

Sure seems like they bask in the glory of trying to make others as scared as they are.