Check your account email address ×

Get ready

1 minute ago, Snake said:

Jed Clampett used to have walking around money... he'd pull out a roll big enough to choke Stormy Dianiels.

It is rare that I don't have at least $5,000 in my pocket, it has really helped when I try to buy anything someone is trying to sell.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

It is rare that I don't have at least $5,000 in my pocket, it has really helped when I try to buy anything someone is trying to sell.

I keep a decent wad at home for those “special opportunities” plus, keep enough free cash in a checking account to grab whatever the cash won’t get.  Sometimes you just run into something that’s such a good deal, it’s almost too good to be true....and if you don’t have the cashola ready, it is.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ckf said:

I use cash when needed but prefer to pay with a card. It is much easier and faster.  

Man!  You people are really missing out on some great drug residue by not using cash. I sometimes give my teeth a good rub after a nice count out for a quality gummy!

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, ckf said:

I use cash when needed but prefer to pay with a card. It is much easier and faster.  

I've never had an actual credit card but do have a debit card that I need to order parts on-line.

35 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

22 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I keep a decent wad at home for those “special opportunities” plus, keep enough free cash in a checking account to grab whatever the cash won’t get.  Sometimes you just run into something that’s such a good deal, it’s almost too good to be true....and if you don’t have the cashola ready, it is.

I do both of these things...people that are trying to sell are motivated by cash many times...it doesn't mean it is an illegal transaction like someone in this thread said in an earlier post...plenty of pizza joints, ice cream places, diners etc only take cash or give a discount for paying with cash...there is nothing wrong with that

1 minute ago, XCR1250 said:

I've never had an actual credit card but do have a debit card that I need to order parts on-line.

A debit card is all that I used until recently.  I haven't had a loan in over 20 years and no credit cards in my name. Any cc that I had in the past were through the business. I recently got a credit card to establish credit.  Now I use the credit card a bit and pay it off when the bill comes in. Would it be better to leave a small balance?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ckf said:

A debit card is all that I used until recently.  I haven't had a loan in over 20 years and no credit cards in my name. Any cc that I had in the past were through the business. I recently got a credit card to establish credit.  Now I use the credit card a bit and pay it off when the bill comes in. Would it be better to leave a small balance?

Why would you want to pay insane interest?

15 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

They cancelled the spring meet I saw.

Yeah 

Racing season won’t start until memorial weekend. We have a open practice on May 9th tho

Just now, ArcticCrusher said:

Doesn't help credit to carry a balance. Available credit makes a bigger difference.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, ckf said:

Pay it off every month. My son just got his first card and that’s what they suggested if you’re trying to build credit like he is.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I don't,  that's why I have always paid for everything as I go, lol

1 minute ago, Snake said:

Doesn't help credit to carry a balance. Available credit makes a bigger difference.

Thanks. :bc:

12 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

I did not know there was another option . 

If there is. I don’t offer that particular convenience option to buyers.

I do still enjoy the low ball “CASH!” offers on Craigs tho.  Always good  for a chuckle.  Sometimes I reply back with something I hope they find funny too.  :lmao:

3 minutes ago, Edmo said:

Pay it off every month. My son just got his first card and that’s what they suggested if you’re trying to build credit like he is.

Yep, teaching my daughter the credit game too.  It can be won....if you don’t let yourself get sucked in too far.

19 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

you should never deposit cash unless for some reason you can't use that cash to pay a bill you need to in person 

yep and deposits of cash more than $2000 can cause an IRS red flag trigger. My nephews girlfriend works for a banks and she told me they have to report those deposits to the IRS. That might be a bank policy but $10k for sure will pull a red flag. 

6 minutes ago, Anler said:

yep and deposits of cash more than $2000 can cause an IRS red flag trigger. My nephews girlfriend works for a banks and she told me they have to report those deposits to the IRS. That might be a bank policy but $10k for sure will pull a red flag. 

I use 2 sometimes 3 Banks here, anytime I deposit $1,000 or more I have to sign my name on a small form, years back I asked what that was about and was told it was for the IRS and was required. I really don't care 1 way or the other..others have told me it was because of drug transactions which use cash so someone in the Gov. is checking.

Edited by XCR1250

Just now, XCR1250 said:

I use 2 sometimes 3 Banks here, anytime I deposit $1,000 or more I have to sign my name on a small form, years back I asked what that was about and was told it was for the IRS and was required. I really don't care 1 way or the other..others have told me it was because of drug transactions which use cash so someone in the Gov. is checking.

If you have a business and can document it its not big deal, lots of businesses operate with cash but they will likely get audited more often. If its just Joe citizen be careful. 

2 minutes ago, Anler said:

If you have a business and can document it its not big deal, lots of businesses operate with cash but they will likely get audited more often. If its just Joe citizen be careful. 

I do run a small business since 1967 but have never been audited..dunno.