Check your account email address ×

Get ready

One of my friends dad used to keep money in a shoebox in the house. Bought everything cash. Didn’t trust the banks. I wonder if we’ll see more of that too.

Just now, Edmo said:

One of my friends dad used to keep money in a shoebox in the house. Bought everything cash. Didn’t trust the banks. I wonder if we’ll see more of that too.

I bet I know a half a dozen people who have found piles of money stashed in the houses of a deceased relative. In shoe boxes, dresser drawers, my one bud said they found $30k in his grandmothers oven. I guess she wasnt using it to cook with. 

1 minute ago, Anler said:

I bet I know a half a dozen people who have found piles of money stashed in the houses of a deceased relative. In shoe boxes, dresser drawers, my one bud said they found $30k in his grandmothers oven. I guess she wasnt using it to cook with. 

I dont even like to touch cash. 

9 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

I do both of those things. Always have. We dry and reuse paper towels too. Plus a lot more. 

I don't dry and reuse but I use them all and never waste 

They start in counters then I  use them on the floor after 

We also reuse freezer bags at times 

Just now, AKIQPilot said:

We have been talking about that lately. I deal with alot of cash so I pay with cash alot. And some of the stuff I get for change is just gross. I have been using my debit card lately. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

I was doing the cash thing for a few days thinking it would be cleaner and safer (was cash I had at home for almost a year) but then I had to grab change out of the auto dispenser, get cash back as change and was like yuk...lol..Went right back to the bank card, at least I only have to hit "ok"

14 minutes ago, Edmo said:

We’d all be better off to start doing this but, never gonna happen.  Credit is king and that’s why drives the US/world economy now.  If banks could eliminate cash all together, they’d be happy.

I pay cash for most things.

31 minutes ago, washedupmxer said:

I don't dry and reuse but I use them all and never waste 

They start in counters then I  use them on the floor after 

We also reuse freezer bags at times 

Yes. Same thing with us. Use the paper towel to dry the counter. Around here a slightly wet paper towel will dry in 5 minutes. Next time its used to wipe down the cabinet or floor. Sometimes even before it dries. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Yes. Same thing with us. Use the paper towel to dry the counter. Around here a slightly wet paper towel will dry in 5 minutes. Next time its used to wipe down the cabinet or floor. Sometimes even before it dries. 

My wife's grandmother went through the great depression. 

We were having lunch at Disney and she pulled a sandwich bag from her purse and put the chips off her plate in it lol 

They ate all our food when we were at the pool then did 3 weeks of laundry in our condo to not use energy at home :lol:

Edited by washedupmxer

59 minutes ago, Edmo said:

I've always paid cash even for my home.

53 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

We’d all be better off to start doing this but, never gonna happen.  Credit is king and that’s why drives the US/world economy now.  If banks could eliminate cash all together, they’d be happy.

I pay cash for most things.

Yup. It’s kinda funny when the clerk asks, “credit or debit?” and you hand them cash. They almost didn’t know what to do.

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot said:

Yup. It’s kinda funny when the clerk asks, “credit or debit?” and you hand them cash. They almost didn’t know what to do.

You should have seen the car dealer here when I handed the salesman over $35,000 cash...

Just now, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot said:

Seriously.  It happens a lot.  Sometimes I jokingly ask if they still take cash?  What’s really weird is when you drop a few hundo on them for something.  That almost NEVER happens anymore.  I remember counting out like $3k for my water heater system years ago at Menards.  You could literally see the fear on the poor girls eyes.....it made her so uncomfortable she called a manager over.

Just a different world now.