Check your account email address ×

So my local hospital

Turned away someone I know who is showing symptoms saying they had no tests.

His wife (who hasn't had any symptoms) just returned from the West coast Thursday, he called in sick Monday with a sore throat (being extra cautious). He got worse yesterday and believes he has bronchitis. He called his doc and they told him to go to the ER and get tested.

ER said come back if you feel worse, but we can't test you because we don't have any tests. 

There's been word of a few cases now locally, so how the fuck did those people get tested?

Just now, motonoggin said:

His wife (who hasn't had any symptoms) just returned from the West coast Thursday, he called in sick Monday with a sore throat (being extra cautious). He got worse yesterday and believes he has bronchitis. He called his doc and they told him to go to the ER and get tested.

ER said come back if you feel worse, but we can't test you because we don't have any tests. 

There's been word of a few cases now locally, so how the fuck did those people get tested?

You need to shut things down instead of looking at excuses.

10 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

Traverse City.

https://www.record-eagle.com/collections/covid--testing-ramps-up-as-michigan-has-first-death/article_3169b53e-6926-11ea-8af3-bbafcdd0591b.html

2 hours ago, motonoggin said:

This is not protocol. Your friends doctor should of had your friend call a designated hotline. They would then direct your friend. This is protocol in Ohio anyway.

any of you gotten word on what this is doing to your balls ? guess it feels like someone has a extremely tight grasp on them and makes it hard to move or sleep and brutal to cough and you do that a lot . just another little gem to look forward to 

Also every place is testing different. 

We are testing based off 

1. Travel international 

2. Travel domestic

3. Being in contact with a known positive

4. Any of the above three plus symptomatic presentation 

This changes every few days but we have been testing and we aren’t a large area (12000 people). But I suspect our testing will increase 10 fold soon. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

only in MN if showing a lot of symptoms.  basically if you are bad enough to be admitted you are tested 

That's what they're doing at my sister's hospital in Madison. She's an ICU doc. They're only able to test inpatients. There are at least 10 people not being tested for every one that is. 

has she said what they are doing to track workers sickness?

I guess in MN if you are a healthcare worker and you get covid you can only collect your pay if you csn directly link it to catching it on the job .

so they have to sign in and out of every room sign a sheet on every hunk of equipment the move etc etc  so they can track back to get paid if they get sick.

30 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

has she said what they are doing to track workers sickness?

I guess in MN if you are a healthcare worker and you get covid you can only collect your pay if you csn directly link it to catching it on the job .

so they have to sign in and out of every room sign a sheet on every hunk of equipment the move etc etc  so they can track back to get paid if they get sick.

Once you step inside you're immediately temp gunned and Don PPE. Can only remove to eat or drink. Daily survey of contact and activity at the start of every shift too. 

7 hours ago, Matt said:

Once you step inside you're immediately temp gunned and Don PPE. Can only remove to eat or drink. Daily survey of contact and activity at the start of every shift too. 

What hospital?

My wife works in ER's and only needs PPE when seeing customers. 

They have drive thru testing at her main hospital. Though she gives tests every day.

Most people just want to be tested without symptoms. 

9 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

only in MN if showing a lot of symptoms.  basically if you are bad enough to be admitted you are tested 

Same here

any of you gotten word on what this is doing to your balls ? guess it feels like someone has a extremely tight grasp on them and makes it hard to move or sleep and brutal to cough and you do that a lot . just another little gem to look forward to 

Heard that ... eesh

• Platinum Contributing Member

Normal for an infection. They blow up. A sinus infection can do the sme

Hopfully they have these testing procedures improving every day.  a former girlfriend showed signs and got tested six or seven days ago and STILL has no results.

shes a nurse at the hospital that did the test!

• Confused 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, old indy said:

Hopfully they have these testing procedures improving every day.  a former girlfriend showed signs and got tested six or seven days ago and STILL has no results.

That is fucked up.

6 hours ago, old indy said:

The 45 minute test has been approved. I thought I heard it's  also less painful.

No idea how long until it's being used 

Edited by washedupmxer

21 hours ago, motonoggin said:

They’re doing the same thing here.  Hardly testing anyone. Way more people have it than we know