Check your account email address ×

****Official**** what did you get done today during the pandemic

1 minute ago, AKIQPilot said:

I still have a Clod Buster.  That picture really puts it in perspective. 

Original clod buster can  bring  pretty good money. The stuff available today is crazy cool. 

This raminator weighs 80 lbs and is powered by a pocket bike motor 

Just now, Pete said:

Original clod buster can  bring  pretty good money. The stuff available today is crazy cool. 

This raminator weighs 80 lbs and is powered by a pocket bike motor 

I was wondering if it was gas or nitro. 

my grandkids play with my Clod buster all the time. 

i have a pretty nice Axial Wraith too.  Fun little buggy for the money  

13 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

I was wondering if it was gas or nitro. 

my grandkids play with my Clod buster all the time. 

i have a pretty nice Axial Wraith too.  Fun little buggy for the money  

That’s great. Playing with the kids is always a blast. The neighborhood kids would come over when I ran my nitro trucks. They loved it 

• Like 1

All I've been doin' is yard work. Pickin' up branches and twigs. York rakin' over 800' feet of gravel/dirt driveways from winter plowing. Finish rakin' a lot of it, but have more to do. Will finish with my helper, next week maybe.  

On 3/25/2020 at 2:33 PM, Skeeter21i said:

Collected about 10 gallons of sap, should have enough for another boil on Friday...

20200320_131303.jpg

That’s awesome.  When my daughter was younger, we had about a dozen taps in about 7-8 nice maples on our property.  It was a fun thing to do with her every spring.  Like anything with my obsessive compulsive ass, it became a science I wanted to learn.  The last couple years I produced some really good stuff. It’s a lot of work but there is no replacing quality maple syrup once you’ve had it...that’s for sure!  :bc:

On 3/25/2020 at 6:08 PM, Skeeter21i said:

About 40:1 ratio...don't start boiling till I have about 40 gallons of raw sap.

20200321_131459.jpg

Cool bottles!

On 3/25/2020 at 7:54 PM, BOHICA said:

God damn....  did realize this is how Aunt Jemima was made.  Pretty cool

Old school right there.  I just bought the metal taps from a hardware store.  A half inch drill, a couple taps with a hammer and the bucket hangs right on then.

3 hours ago, Polaris 550 said:

All I've been doin' is yard work. Pickin' up branches and twigs. York rakin' over 800' feet of gravel/dirt driveways from winter plowing. Finish rakin' a lot of it, but have more to do. Will finish with my helper, next week maybe.  

A lot of that in my future as well.  Maybe start this afternoon since it is supposed to rain some this weekend.  Gonna take hours just to pick up sticks. Driveway is kind of a mess right now but I don't have the equipment to fix it (some day).  Will have to pick up the garbage laying around too, that stuff drives me nuts.

• Platinum Contributing Member
12 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

no question,  i went to HS with them and it's no different today

WE used to service an account on rte 1. Was the only stop on the entire seacoast run where we locked the truck.

54 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

My OCD kicked in about 4 am and I decided to get the wrap off my sled.  Shitty job for sure getting the adhesive off.  Goo Gone, acetone and an alcohol treatment.

A802ECD5-197C-43FD-8E71-4C3682FD912D.jpeg

Looks good Zambo.  Anyone know where I can buy a replacement jack for a sled lift?  I snapped the end off mine, using a 1/2" impact driver on it.  :lol: 

1 minute ago, DriftBusta said:

Looks good Zambo.  Anyone know where I can buy a replacement jack for a sled lift?  I snapped the end off mine, using a 1/2" impact driver on it.  :lol: 

Lol everyone uses an impact driver. Cranking by hand takes an hour it seems and when your done you don’t feel like working on the sled.

I never broke the end.

1 minute ago, DriftBusta said:

They are actually pretty cheap.  Go to Bulldog jacks and look around.  My buddy replaced his.  He just had to drill a hole through the bottom to mount it on the lift.

yeah...I know on the impact too.  Mine won’t run up without that kind of HP.  A simple drill to lift it?  Yeah....right.  I just bought a longer handle to make lifting it a lot easier.

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

They are actually pretty cheap.  Go to Bulldog jacks and look around.  My buddy replaced his.  He just had to drill a hole through the bottom to mount it on the lift.

yeah...I know on the impact too.  Mine won’t run up without that kind of HP.  A simple drill to lift it?  Yeah....right.  I just bought a longer handle to make lifting it a lot easier.

Thanks man  :bc: 

21 minutes ago, Skeeter21i said:

Probably the last boil for the season....

Will need a new hobby tomorrow...probably start cutting firewood for next year.

15854116717856750117697995974675.jpg

Do you collect in buckets or use the plastic pipe to a large container?

41 minutes ago, ckf said:

Do you collect in buckets or use the plastic pipe to a large container?

Just using buckets. Simply a hobby. I have trails through the bush, so I can use the Defender. Grandkids love it....unfortunately this year they can't come up..

• Like 1