Check your account email address ×

ONE-SICK ORDER Coronavirus spreads to at least SIX Amazon warehouses shipping packages to isolated Americans

• Platinum Contributing Member
17 minutes ago, Big Crappie said:

Saw this coming. We've been wiping down delivery's for weeks after we heard that this virus can live on surfaces for a long time.

Yep, everyone wants to also order take out to support restaurants. I don't want to eat something cooked or delivered by a possible sick person.

ANd Im not going to buy a gift card to a restaurant that may or may not be in business 3 months from now.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Yep, everyone wants to also order take out to support restaurants. I don't want to eat something cooked or delivered by a possible sick person.

ANd Im not going to buy a gift card to a restaurant that may or may not be in business 3 months from now.

Whats even scarier is how do you know the guy packing your fresh meat isn't infected at the grocery store.

5 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

How are you getting your food, it could come in contact from any point.

Just now, ArcticCrusher said:

It sure could. Last trip to the grocery store gave me the fucking willies. Looking around thinking " ok, which one of you infected fucks is going to take me out "

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I've seen the virus doesn't like heat.

I don't recall seeing anything about cold temperatures. 

Obviously it flourishes in the winter month's. 

Edited by Redheaded Stepchild

Just now, Redheaded Stepchild said:

I've seen the virus doesn't like heat.

I don't recall seeing anything about cold temperatures. 

Is that the case or just the assumption.

One good thing is it won't spread via insects.

4 minutes ago, Redheaded Stepchild said:

Whats even scarier is how do you know the guy packing your fresh meat isn't infected at the grocery store.

3 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

you dont

If you take standard ecoli precautions you should be fine. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, ArcticCrusher said:

Is that the case or just the assumption.

One good thing is it won't spread via insects.

Dr. on this morning said microwaving food should kill the virus.   I would have like him to be more absolute but its what was said.

High heat (proper cooking of food) absolutely should kill the virus.   

• Thanks 1

I heard it lasts 2-3 days on most surfaces. A friend of ours works at Sobeys in town and says they have to sanitize constantly and they have swab testing everyday. That's still scary as somebody can infect the place still.

1 hour ago, smokin george said:

I heard it lasts 2-3 days on most surfaces. A friend of ours works at Sobeys in town and says they have to sanitize constantly and they have swab testing everyday. That's still scary as somebody can infect the place still.

I remember seeing that they said it could survive on a surface for up to 9 days  :dunno:

24 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

$1200 per person, 2400 per couple.  TP isles are going to be empty for some time to come with a payout like that.

If you make less than $150K    I'm ok with that.  Give it to the people who need it :bc:

• Gold Member
3 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

I remember seeing that they said it could survive on a surface for up to 9 days  :dunno:

If you make less than $150K    I'm ok with that.  Give it to the people who need it :bc:

I’m good with it if they aren’t getting paid....  if their employer is still paying them or they are still working and getting paid is where I disagree with it.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, BOHICA said:

I’m good with it if they aren’t getting paid....  if their employer is still paying them or they are still working and getting paid is where I disagree with it.

It doesn’t matter what is given out.  If we aren’t getting back to normal soon....and real soon, none of it will matter.

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Yep.

I'm laid off right now and will be getting UE benefits and sub pay while I'm off. Last I heard, I make to much to qualify for it. Which I'm perfectly fine with.   My son will get a check tho since he files his own taxes and makes less than $150K a year. 

Like I said, give it to the people who need it. 👍🏼

2 hours ago, Redheaded Stepchild said:

Lucky for us we have a pretty good stock of meat and frozen veggies so we'll just live off of that until either we have to buy or until this shit is over which ever comes first. We're only buying non perishables for now.

I wonder if freezing this virus kills it?

• Like 1