Check your account email address ×

nothing better to do

after 16 years of faithful service time to do a box and fender replacement and repaint the old girl, bought it new in '04 and been my primary residential plow truck up until last year mechanically great condition just need a body make over as it has earned it. have rust free box and fenders in stock

IMG_20200323_121003999_HDR.jpg

IMG_20200323_121140782.jpg

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Wow. Its just crazy how bad things rust there. 

I keep my things pressure washed due to the salt they use on the roads here and this is the original paint so it has held up pretty good for 16 years in NY, it was my 1st new vehicle purchase so want to keep it for awhile longer

7 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Watch any South Main Auto video if you want to see NY rust.  The stuff he deals with would drive me crazy.   Cars only 10 years old ready to be sent to the crusher.

Just now, teamgreen02 said:

Watch any South Main Auto video if you want to see NY rust.  The stuff he deals with would drive me crazy.   Cars only 10 years old ready to be sent to the crusher.

I watch a lot of his videos and have driven by his shop, have gotten some good solutions for repairs watching him

1 minute ago, 01mxz800 said:

I watch a lot of his videos and have driven by his shop, have gotten some good solutions for repairs watching him

Few auto mechanics out there are better than Eric O, unless you start getting into specialty stuff.  Once I get a better compressor, I'm buying Big Nasty!

Just now, teamgreen02 said:

Few auto mechanics out there are better than Eric O, unless you start getting into specialty stuff.  Once I get a better compressor, I'm buying Big Nasty!

I was scratching my head on exhaust manifold bolt removal as I need to put gasket on the Dakota and the bolts are rusted pretty good and low and behold he had a Dakota in a video with same issue and he welded nuts to the broken studs and presto out they came, I am going to tackle that with the fenders off 

• Platinum Contributing Member
34 minutes ago, 01mxz800 said:

after 16 years of faithful service time to do a box and fender replacement and repaint the old girl, bought it new in '04 and been my primary residential plow truck up until last year mechanically great condition just need a body make over as it has earned it. have rust free box and fenders in stock

IMG_20200323_121003999_HDR.jpg

IMG_20200323_121140782.jpg

There is a guy in cicero who stockpiles  southern truck boxes, let me know if you want me to get his info.. Ive swapped truck boxes in an hour..

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, AKIQPilot said:

When I sold my 02 f 250 it had a mat in the bed . Hadn't lifted it for yrs. Dude was looking to buy it. We lifted it and were looking at the ground.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Rigid1 said:

There is a guy in cicero who stockpiles  southern truck boxes, let me know if you want me to get his info.. Ive swapped truck boxes in an hour..

thanks, got box and fenders here just need to get to work, after restoring many classics with a buddy time to do 1 of my own. been awhile since I have done rust work 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, steve from amherst said:

When I sold my 02 f 250 it had a mat in the bed . Hadn't lifted it for yrs. Dude was looking to buy it. We lifted it and were looking at the ground.

had a '85 w250 that I had for 21 years pulled the bed liner and no floor :lol:

well box off, frame needs a good scaling, but is cleaning up pretty good, fender primed new box ready to come for prep as soon as I re-arrange truck and clean up shit from frame

IMG_20200325_100023893.jpg

IMG_20200325_100743231.jpg

IMG_20200326_180149619_HDR.jpg

IMG_20200326_180009789.jpg

• Like 1

On 3/23/2020 at 1:19 PM, Rigid1 said:

There's a place near me in E. Hartford CT that has new take offs stacked up like cordwood too.  :bc: 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 01mxz800 said:

well box off, frame needs a good scaling, but is cleaning up pretty good, fender primed new box ready to come for prep as soon as I re-arrange truck and clean up shit from frame

Nice!!! You’ll gets tons more time and work from that truck. Fixing on stuff, saving money, and that feeling of accomplishment. Can’t beat. 

Just now, DriftBusta said:

There's a place near me in E. Hartford CT that has new take offs stacked up like cordwood too.  :bc: 

I was going to go to a place like that for a box, then found 1 on FB market place that came from N. Carolina and the truck died before he got it on truck rust free for $400

Just now, 01mxz800 said:

I was going to go to a place like that for a box, then found 1 on FB market place that came from N. Carolina and the truck died before he got it on truck rust free for $400

Wow, you can't beat that for a price.  :bc: 

7 minutes ago, 01mxz800 said:

Nice work!  :bc:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Nice!!! You’ll gets tons more time and work from that truck. Fixing on stuff, saving money, and that feeling of accomplishment. Can’t beat. 

bought it new in '04, not like I need anymore trucks I got a '14 Ram 1500 and a '00 Ford F250 Super Duty diesel in my fleet LOL, but wanted to give the little truck a new life

• Like 1

On 3/23/2020 at 12:19 PM, Rigid1 said:

It’s always a crapshoot with Wisconsin rust. Getting the box off is easy. It’s the surprises found underneath that can be time consuming to repair. It’s weird too. Two nearly identical trucks can be effected in vastly different ways.