Check your account email address ×

nothing better to do

1 hour ago, washedupmxer said:

I was original owner on a few trucks , I could never stay with one that long 

Pretty cool that you did 

I had a '85 W250 that I owned/drove for 21 years and I was not kind to it, kind of trying to beat that with this truck mechanically it's good body just got rough and figured I would redo it

1 hour ago, JEFF said:

I just picked up this 95 2500 from an old time customer of mine that had it since new. Not a speck of rust on it anywhere. A friggin unicorn truck. 

IMG_4043.jpg

IMG_3770.jpg

I bought a '00 Super Duty diesel 2wd from my employer with no rust and 270k on the clock, our company is seasonal and truck never seen a winter until I got it, put a dump in the back and between the truck($500) and the dump($1000) I got a good cheap truck. might iron the couple small dent out of it and shoot it next

Edited by 01mxz800

1 hour ago, washedupmxer said:

I was original owner on a few trucks , I could never stay with one that long 

Pretty cool that you did 

Ditto. I like new stuff. 

On 3/31/2020 at 5:12 PM, ford_428cj said:

How many miles on the fuel pump?

On the diesel?  our heavy trucks are repaired in house, company cars and pickups went to dealers for repairs, fairly new turbo and runs good might be original fuel pump. 270k miles not sure, had driven it in the past at work so I knew truck when I bought it, anything they needed they got 

had a little time to work on the truck, getting box ready for primer to make some more room in the shop, found a small spot that needed some attention and figured i would throw a quick patch on to stiffen it up

IMG_20200411_182705444.jpg

IMG_20200411_182652606 (1).jpg

IMG_20200411_182719062 (1).jpg

got a chance to work on the truck project, box primed and ready to go outside to make more room, rocker panels and cab corners arrived this week, drivers side rocker and cab corner removed need to go to local machine shop and get some sheet metal cut to size to do some rebuilding on the inner rocker, knew it was going to be bad but not as horrible as I thought it would be, will be easy fix

IMG_20200419_123257998.jpg

IMG_20200419_123307725_TOP.jpg

IMG_20200419_094759325.jpg

IMG_20200419_094811572 (1).jpg

• Like 1

A strong example of why I have my vehicles undercoated with rustproofing every year. I know it's not available everywhere, especially in the states, but I highly recommend everyone gets it done annually or at least bi-annually. 

Nice work, O1. :bc:

13 minutes ago, irv said:

A strong example of why I have my vehicles undercoated with rustproofing every year. I know it's not available everywhere, especially in the states, but I highly recommend everyone gets it done annually or at least bi-annually. 

Nice work, O1. :bc:

Use Krown on all my cars, zero rust anywhere.

It works.

1 hour ago, 01mxz800 said:

got a chance to work on the truck project, box primed and ready to go outside to make more room, rocker panels and cab corners arrived this week, drivers side rocker and cab corner removed need to go to local machine shop and get some sheet metal cut to size to do some rebuilding on the inner rocker, knew it was going to be bad but not as horrible as I thought it would be, will be easy fix

IMG_20200419_123257998.jpg

IMG_20200419_123307725_TOP.jpg

IMG_20200419_094759325.jpg

IMG_20200419_094811572 (1).jpg

Nice work man. She is starting to look good. 

56 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Use Krown on all my cars, zero rust anywhere.

It works.

I used Krown 2 years ago on my truck and it swelled the weather stripping. Different compounds/ingredients in Ram/Chrysler rubber than GM or Ford I assume? My wife's and son's car never had that problem.

Also, since I have been doing this since I was 16, I've concluded that I like Rust Check better. Just seems to last a bit longer and of course, no swollen weatherstripping. My bud who owns a garage also, after having used both, and seen many vehicles that used both, prefers Rust Check as well. Obviously, not conclusive, as using one or the other is better than not using any at all, but I think going forward I'm going to stick with Rust Check.

17 minutes ago, irv said:

I used Krown 2 years ago on my truck and it swelled the weather stripping. Different compounds/ingredients in Ram/Chrysler rubber than GM or Ford I assume? My wife's and son's car never had that problem.

Also, since I have been doing this since I was 16, I've concluded that I like Rust Check better. Just seems to last a bit longer and of course, no swollen weatherstripping. My bud who owns a garage also, after having used both, and seen many vehicles that used both, prefers Rust Check as well. Obviously, not conclusive, as using one or the other is better than not using any at all, but I think going forward I'm going to stick with Rust Check.

Three of my cars are Dodge/Jeeps.  Lol.

15 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Three of my cars are Dodge/Jeeps.  Lol.

And none of your door seals/weather stripping has swelled? First time using Krown 2 years ago, that is what I got. I had read of this happening before but decided to take my chances as they had a pretty good rebate, especially for getting 3 vehicles done. I can't see the compounds being any different on your cars compared to my truck but then again, who would know for sure? 

When my doors are closed, you can see the weatherstripping hanging just slightly out in places. I'll take some pics later. 

10 minutes ago, irv said:

And none of your door seals/weather stripping has swelled? First time using Krown 2 years ago, that is what I got. I had read of this happening before but decided to take my chances as they had a pretty good rebate, especially for getting 3 vehicles done. I can't see the compounds being any different on your cars compared to my truck but then again, who would know for sure? 

When my doors are closed, you can see the weatherstripping hanging just slightly out in places. I'll take some pics later. 

I haven't had any issues.  My oldest is my 2010 F150 been there since new or my 2014 Rubicon.

1 hour ago, AKIQPilot said:

Nice work man. She is starting to look good. 

not as bad as I thought it would be after 16 years of NY winters and plow truck, other side is MUCH better shape, it is what it is

4 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I haven't had any issues.  My oldest is my 2010 F150 been there since new or my 2014 Rubicon.

Just took these. Again, not a single issue with my wife's or son's car.

WP_20200419_16_01_52_Pro (2).jpg

WP_20200419_16_03_52_Pro (2).jpg

WP_20200419_16_03_44_Pro (2).jpg

WP_20200419_16_04_22_Pro (2).jpg

9 minutes ago, irv said:

Just took these. Again, not a single issue with my wife's or son's car.

WP_20200419_16_01_52_Pro (2).jpg

WP_20200419_16_03_52_Pro (2).jpg

WP_20200419_16_03_44_Pro (2).jpg

WP_20200419_16_04_22_Pro (2).jpg

What car is that?

None of that here.  Only weatherstripping issue I have is on the F150 but that's due to cold weather.

I own 5 cars all with Krown and I will stand behind them.

1 minute ago, ArcticCrusher said:

What car is that?

None of that here.  Only weatherstripping issue I have is on the F150 but that's due to cold weather.

I own 5 cars all with Krown and I will stand behind them.

13 Ram. 

IMG_0470 (Large).JPG

Just now, ArcticCrusher said:

I don't have that here.  2019 Jeep Cherokee, 2017 Dodge Challenger SRT, 2014 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited.

All bought new and Krown since day one.

Yeah, it's definitely interesting. Like I said, I have read about this before but it doesn't seem to happen to every Ram owner for some reason?

As you will notice, it only attacks the rubber along the bottom of the doors, not the actual door weatherstripping. First time ever this has happened to me.

This is just one link, which I didn't read, but there are others that talk about this issue as well: https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3126371

23 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I don't have that here.  2019 Jeep Cherokee, 2017 Dodge Challenger SRT, 2014 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited.

All bought new and Krown since day one.

Pg 6, post 82 if it doesn't come up like that?

https://forums.redflagdeals.com/crown-rustproofing-what-say-you-1362010/6/

1 hour ago, 01mxz800 said:

is Krown in a aerosol or like ziebart?

You can buy cans of it as you can Rust Check. The dealerships have large pressurized vats/tanks and spray it on with various wands and attachments. Both are oil like substances but I've found with the Krown, it comes out of the can somewhat foamy. Rust check doesn't do this, it just like spraying a with a can of WD-40 or whatever.

I use to do my own with my buddies. We had a tank, compressor, etc and just purchased 4 Ltr jugs of Rust Check and sprayed away. Usually 1, 4 Ltr jug, was enough to do a full size ext cab pick up with some still left over in the bottom of the tank that wasn't pulled up.

We'd, right after we sprayed, drive down a sandy/dusty road speeding up, slowing down, full braking, etc and just let the dust roll up underneath sticking to the Rust Check we just sprayed. That really helped it stay in place. I swear my 97 Sierra I had will never rust. That thing was mint underneath when I sold it to my nephew back in 09. He sold it about a year later due to money problems but the guy he sold it to still has it and it still looks mint.