Check your account email address ×

SCARED SHITLESS!!!!

I feel like I should be more frightened than I am.  I’m trying as hard as I can to be scared shitless but, I just don’t feel like I am reaching the appropriate levels according to the media and the twats here.  Is there a class I can take or something or, does this type of paralyzing fear come from bad genetic stock and a lifetime of poor decisions that paralyzes an individual in times of possible crises while they desperately wait for the government to step in and make their decisions for them?  

Confusing times....for so many.  Mostly the intellectually weak and the just plain fucking stupid.  We can only hope this virus wipes these people out of the breeding pool.

• Haha 2

Just now, Zambroski said:

I feel like I should be more frightened than I am.  I’m trying as hard as I can to be scared shitless but, I just don’t feel like I am reaching the appropriate levels according to the media and the twats here.  Is there a class I can take or something or, does this type of paralyzing fear come from bad genetic stock and a lifetime of poor decisions that paralyzes an individual in times of possible crises while they desperately wait for the government to step in and make their decisions for them?  

Confusing times....for so many.  Mostly the intellectually weak and the just plain fucking stupid.  We can only hope this virus wipes these people out of the breeding pool.

Not sure. Being played by the media is a low intelligence thing. 

• Platinum Contributing Member

No fans at basketball games but be sure to visit your local bar and watch the games with closer contact than in the stadium.

Colleges:   Don't go to class, go online from your dorm where infections are MUCH more likely to spread.

Some of the steps taken are justifiable but some are being done for alternative reasons. 

The mere fact we are not quarantining everyone who test positive at military or NG bases seems strange to me.   With less than 1000 cases in the US this would seem like an easy solution but No....go home and self quarantine while your family goes about their regular daily lives.  

Edited by Highmark
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Highmark said:

No fans at basketball games but be sure to visit your local bar and watch the games with closer contact than in the stadium.

Colleges:   Don't go to class, go online from your dorm where infections are MUCH more likely to spread.

Some of the steps taken are justifiable but some are being done for alternative reasons. 

Amazing isn't it.   I guess I am in the same boat as Zam, I just really could give 2 shits about it.

• Thanks 3

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

very few are staying in their dorms.  My daughters school by the weekend will be a ghost town.   Not sure what i am going to do with 2 kids home.  at least it looks like my sons is only for an extra week after spring break.  my daughters coming home today for a month

Weird that they aren’t shutting down public transportation. These high rise buildings are alive and well. Sears tower has a shit load of people coming and going. Waiting to get into a dock. Delivery trucks and trades all lined up like business as usual?

Just now, Angry ginger said:

very few are staying in their dorms.  My daughters school by the weekend will be a ghost town.   Not sure what i am going to do with 2 kids home.  at least it looks like my sons is only for an extra week after spring break.  my daughters coming home today for a month

Are they closing the dorms?   None that I seen.  Not every kid goes home for spring break.   

...How about considering Barack Obama's response to the 2009 swine flu outbreak? Journalist James Lileks has done so on his blog The Bleat. One critical difference is how long it took each president to declare the outbreak a national emergency: Trump a month after the outbreak was announced, Obama after four months, when the toll in the U.S. had reached 1000 dead (32 have died in the U.S. of the coronavirus, the vast majority over 70 years old). Most important, the media coverage of the swine flu - even though it was more deadly and half its victims, unlike the coronavirus, were healthy and young - was nowhere near the breathless hysteria or extent of the coverage today.

We know the explanation for the disparity. Barack Obama enjoyed eight years of the media's "slobbering love affair," as Bernie Goldberg called it, filled with uncritical, laudatory, and selective coverage from the mainstream media, whereas Trump has been incessantly attacked with slanted or outright mendacious stories based on tendentious analysis and anonymous leaks...

https://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/2020/03/which-virus-more-dangerous-bruce-thornton/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Bottom line is, this amount of fear mongering idiocy is just plain unprecedented and causing more panic and exaggerated, senseless actions at a level that’s hard to comprehend anymore.

My god, it’s time to get a grip and look at the actual facts.  Or, fuck all that...PANIC!!!!

Wow.

5 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Are they closing the dorms?   None that I seen.  Not every kid goes home for spring break.   

they are not but whose going to sit around for a month when most of their friends are gone home and services are cut back.  I was hoping my daughter was going to stay in the dorm this next week (she wanted this as well) then head to Chicago on spring break with her friends as planned but everyone is basically leaving right away.  lots left yesterday and by Sunday it will be a ghost town based on what she is saying. They are leaving them open just so they have a reason to not refund the 25% IMO

I wonder why colleges are shut down but not public schools?? That seems pretty odd to me..They shut down Syracuse University, but every school in the city is as normal, elementary, middle school, High school. 

8 minutes ago, Snake said:

...How about considering Barack Obama's response to the 2009 swine flu outbreak? Journalist James Lileks has done so on his blog The Bleat. One critical difference is how long it took each president to declare the outbreak a national emergency: Trump a month after the outbreak was announced, Obama after four months, when the toll in the U.S. had reached 1000 dead (32 have died in the U.S. of the coronavirus, the vast majority over 70 years old). Most important, the media coverage of the swine flu - even though it was more deadly and half its victims, unlike the coronavirus, were healthy and young - was nowhere near the breathless hysteria or extent of the coverage today.

We know the explanation for the disparity. Barack Obama enjoyed eight years of the media's "slobbering love affair," as Bernie Goldberg called it, filled with uncritical, laudatory, and selective coverage from the mainstream media, whereas Trump has been incessantly attacked with slanted or outright mendacious stories based on tendentious analysis and anonymous leaks...

https://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/2020/03/which-virus-more-dangerous-bruce-thornton/

Hey pouty what say you?

4 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

I wonder why colleges are shut down but not public schools?? That seems pretty odd to me..They shut down Syracuse University, but every school in the city is as normal, elementary, middle school, High school. 

Stupidity.  Just got word last night that three local universities extended their spring breaks.  My daughter is home for hers and right now, her school is still open but, I’m sure that will change.  All are scrambling to come up with online schooling right now.  Just dumb as fuck but I expect nothing less out of our education centers anymore.

21 minutes ago, Highmark said:

The mere fact we are not quarantining everyone who test positive at military or NG bases seems strange to me.   With less than 1000 cases in the US this would seem like an easy solution but No....go home and self quarantine while your family goes about their regular daily lives.  

That’s because there has been no direction not to mention the delay in recognizing the problem and before Zdumbfuck chimes in let me say that I’m not panicking nor am I scared. 

Just now, Zambroski said:

Stupidity.  Just got word last night that three local universities extended their spring breaks.  My daughter is home for hers and right now, her school is still open but, I’m sure that will change.  All are scrambling to come up with online schooling right now.  Just dumb as fuck but I expect nothing less out of our education indoctrination centers anymore.

fixed,  this is just training to be subservient to the government

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

Stupidity.  Just got word last night that three local universities extended their spring breaks.  My daughter is home for hers and right now, her school is still open but, I’m sure that will change.  All are scrambling to come up with online schooling right now.  Just dumb as fuck but I expect nothing less out of our education centers anymore.

It’s not just schools and universities that are doing this and I’m sure that entities like the NBA, NCAA ect...are doing the same because they love losing money. 

3 minutes ago, Redheaded Stepchild said:

Oh you're scared. 

He’s absolutely scared shitless....So is spinner and MC.  Worthless and weak.

2 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

It’s not just schools and universities that are doing this and I’m sure that entities like the NBA, NCAA ect...are doing the same because they love losing money. 

Unjustifiable, fear mongering idiocy. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

He’s absolutely scared shitless....Sonos spinner and MC.  Worthless and weak.

Unjustifiable, fear mongering idiocy. 

Look at the HCS rejects stroking each other...how cute. 
If I’m so scared can I leave work...will you write me a note?

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

Just now, Jimmy Snacks said:

Look at the HCS rejects stroking each other...how cute. 

Sorry, can’t debate with you right now, I just coughed....I’ve got to wipe down my vehicle, get on my protective plastics and get to the ER before it’s too late.

1 minute ago, spin_dry said:

cheap fuel, cheap airfare, cheap hotels. This spring is looking awesome to me. 

We just switched to the Hyatt for our vacation. Rooms are a lot cheaper this year.