Check your account email address ×

Is NH ready to join the nanny states?

25 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

My truck wont shut the fuck up if I don't put on my seatbelt.  God damn annoying, too!

I machined a  tab that goes in where the belt clips in 

• Haha 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, Pete said:

I machined a  tab that goes in where the belt clips in 

Go to the dealer you bought it from and tell them you have a fat friend. They will give you a 1 ft extender for free. That will also shut it off.

3 hours ago, Rigid1 said:

I feel totally weird driving not having it on, always wear one, plus I drive 1500+ miles a week..

Same, I know it's not logical, but I honestly feel like I'm going to fall out of my seat if I don't have my seatbelt on. Also do people who don't wear it just leave it buckled under them or do they listen to the annoying ass beeping for the first few minutes of every drive?

35 minutes ago, Wildboer said:

Same, I know it's not logical, but I honestly feel like I'm going to fall out of my seat if I don't have my seatbelt on. Also do people who don't wear it just leave it buckled under them or do they listen to the annoying ass beeping for the first few minutes of every drive?

shut em off

17 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

I had 36 staples and stitches from trying to fly out the window. Still don't always wear one 

I went the other route. got thrown out of the seat just before another car came right thru the seat I was sitting in.

36 minutes ago, Wildboer said:

Haha, like seriously, I feel like I'm just going to slide right across..:lol:

5 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

shut em off

Can you do that without clipping wires? My new truck can't tell the difference between a couple cases of beer and a passenger :lol: 

3 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Haha, like seriously, I feel like I'm just going to slide right across..:lol:

You'd think shit like snowmobiling and ATVs would have got me used to driving things without seatbelts, but for some reason it feels much weirder in a car.

Just now, Wildboer said:

Can you do that without clipping wires? My new truck can't tell the difference between a couple cases of beer and a passenger :lol: 

You typicly can only shut off the drivers side.

I remember my little brother probably 6 sliding on the vinyl seat of my dad’s 63 Falcon right out the rear door on a corner. We had to yell Andy fell out! We finally stopped and he was fine.

Steel dashes, no belts, no headrests lol Riding in the rear of the wagon sliding on the steel floor was fun the fuckin dog could never stand....lmao 

GOOD TIMES!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Rigid1 said:

I feel totally weird driving not having it on, always wear one, plus I drive 1500+ miles a week..

It's 2nd nature for me, Almost feel naked without it. .... It's so automatic that I don't even realize I'm putting my seatbelt on.      My passengers also wear belts but I think that's mostly due to my driving habits..:3gears:

5 hours ago, Beavis and Butt-Head said:

at least neither NH or Maine has this stupid "no idling law"  know someone whos in NJ got nailed for $250 for idling their vehicle in the parking lot , no joke. 

I'm waiting for my neighbor to narc out on me for using my remote start to warm my car up in the morning. We dont get along at all and he's a green freak and suffers from TDS.

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

I remember my little brother probably 6 sliding on the vinyl seat of my dad’s 63 Falcon right out the rear door on a corner. We had to yell Andy fell out! We finally stopped and he was fine.

Steel dashes, no belts, no headrests lol Riding in the rear of the wagon sliding on the steel floor was fun the fuckin dog could never stand....lmao 

GOOD TIMES!

Then why are you so fond of authoritarian Democrats?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mainecat said:

GOOD TIMES!

65 Country Squire. That piano hinge for the floor hatch was a real ass ripper. LOL

• Haha 1