Check your account email address ×

Is NH ready to join the nanny states?

2 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

I went the other route. got thrown out of the seat just before another car came right thru the seat I was sitting in.

Similar story here.

personally I don’t wear one. I absolutely cannot stand trying to check my blind spot quickly and having that fucking thing lock on me.

also fords here, or my cruiser is pre dingy safety fuck fuck.

Live free or die. I’m okay with that. 

• Gold Member
8 hours ago, Beavis and Butt-Head said:

at least neither NH or Maine has this stupid "no idling law"  know someone whos in NJ got nailed for $250 for idling their vehicle in the parking lot , no joke. 

They have a law like that in mass, more than 5 minutes and you can be ticketed. Never heard of someone being ticketed for it though, I've asked several cops about it and they thought it was a stupid law and don't know of any cop that would enforce it. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
8 hours ago, Stephen Hawking said:

They have a law like that in mass, more than 5 minutes and you can be ticketed. Never heard of someone being ticketed for it though, I've asked several cops about it and they thought it was a stupid law and don't know of any cop that would enforce it. 

Even with certified clean idle ?

How about this one @steve from amherst

a new bill in New Hampshire would make it illegal to leave your dog outside for more than 30 minutes, even in a fenced in backyard!

Under HB 1389, a person who lets their dog outside in the backyard for more than 30 minutes on a 70-degree day would be breaking the law unless they had a doghouse that meets state standards. Repeat violators of this new language would be charged with felony animal cruelty.

Just now, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot said:

How about this one @steve from amherst

a new bill in New Hampshire would make it illegal to leave your dog outside for more than 30 minutes, even in a fenced in backyard!

Under HB 1389, a person who lets their dog outside in the backyard for more than 30 minutes on a 70-degree day would be breaking the law unless they had a doghouse that meets state standards. Repeat violators of this new language would be charged with felony animal cruelty.

Look on the bright side. next election the power will switch again. Everytime dems take control they come out with batshit crazy bills. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Rigid1 said:

Nothing against you guys that don't, but I seriously thought everyone wears it.. Like mind blown that some people don't

I agree. I cant believe anyone in todays world would drive or ride in a vehicle without being buckled. 

That’s as stupid as smoking cigs. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, steve from amherst said:

Look on the bright side. next election the power will switch again. Everytime dems take control they come out with batshit crazy bills. 

Was reading a bill is in the house to sell pot in the state liquor stores. GREAT IDEA,

https://www.seacoastonline.com/news/20200212/police-chiefs-oppose-bill-to-sell-pot-in-nh-liquor-stores

Edited by Mainecat

9 hours ago, Stephen Hawking said:

we do??     didnt know that.

If I hadn’t been wearing my seat belt tolday on 26 from colebrook to SDR I would’ve been bouncing off the roof. Holeee fuck it’s bad. 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

I agree. I cant believe anyone in todays world would drive or ride in a vehicle without being buckled. 

That’s as stupid as smoking cigs. 

yet some ride motorcycles.            OH  the horror!             :lol:                     comonnow,,  lighten up francis      :bc:

27 minutes ago, Shifty said:

If I hadn’t been wearing my seat belt tolday on 26 from colebrook to SDR I would’ve been bouncing off the roof. Holeee fuck it’s bad. 

Try 105 from North Stratford to Island Pond...WTF.

2 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Been on smoother dirts roads then that road late winter.

There are 4 good sized "bumps" on the corner just before you get to the spot where the trail crosses 105 by the lumber yard. We see cars off the road there all the time when the roads are snow covered.

1 minute ago, ckf said:

There are 4 good sized "bumps" on the corner just before you get to the spot where the trail crosses 105 by the lumber yard. We see cars off the road there all the time when the roads are snow covered.

Hows the trails look?

• Gold Member
22 minutes ago, old indy said:

yet some ride motorcycles.            OH  the horror!             :lol:                     comonnow,,  lighten up francis      :bc:

I got out of a seat belt ticket in CT many years ago by pointing out a group of helmet less motorcycle riders going by while I was pulled over. I asked where the logic was in forcing me to wear the belt while they had the freedom to choose not to wear a helmet. Don't know if that's what did it or he was sick of listening to me bitch. :lol:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Hows the trails look?

Neighbor said they were good.  They did a loop over to Irasburg and back today. A little bumpy in town,  very good in cow country. They looped south yesterday to Maidstone to Burke and back to IP. Excellent down there too.

11 hours ago, ckf said:

Neighbor said they were good.  They did a loop over to Irasburg and back today. A little bumpy in town,  very good in cow country. They looped south yesterday to Maidstone to Burke and back to IP. Excellent down there too.

sweet , thinking of running cow country tomorrow.

• Like 1