Check your account email address ×

Dow Futures Crash 520 Points as China Makes Shocking Coronavirus Confession

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, f7ben said:

You’ll see .... without QE we were headed for the floor. All the fed did was have the market climb on rung further up the ladder before the dive

DONT YOU DARE LECTURE THE ORACLE!!!!!

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

• Advertising Member
1 minute ago, steve from amherst said:

me , am I confident it will be , no. But I believe it will be.

at least you are willing to go on record....I on the other hand think we will be closer to 25K instead of 29K....no price is right rules..... LOL

5 minutes ago, Seatofmypants said:

at least you are willing to go on record....I on the other hand think we will be closer to 25K instead of 29K....no price is right rules..... LOL

You are only saying that to agree with your position.  It matters not, the market doesn't care about feelings.

Short term investing is very dangerous.

• Advertising Member
10 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

You are only saying that to agree with your position.  It matters not, the market doesn't care about feelings.

Short term investing is very dangerous.

Hedging against a major correction / recession is dangerous?  Couple that with the fact it is an election year........? Is it dangerous to put 100% of my 401 in a fixed fund option for several weeks/months?  I'm by no means day trading my 401.

Edited by Seatofmypants

8 minutes ago, Seatofmypants said:

Hedging against a major correction / recession is dangerous?  Couple that with the fact it is an election year........? Is it dangerous to put 100% of my 401 in a fixed fund option for several weeks/months?  I'm by no means day trading my 401.

Yes it is. It's the number one wealth destroyer.

Do what your comfortable with.

• Advertising Member
3 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Yes it is. It's the number one wealth destroyer.

Do what your comfortable with.

We have a guy at my office that trades his 401 several times a week, trying to time the market..... its insanity.  Last year my portfolio out paced him by 11 percent.  He returned 20% my portfolio was 31%, he is still trading his funds daily.  

FTR I've never moved my funds to a fixed position in the 16 years I've had a balance, but something tells me we are in for an insane ride over the next few months.  Could be wrong....but the market cannot keep up this pace.

58 minutes ago, Seatofmypants said:

We have a guy at my office that trades his 401 several times a week, trying to time the market..... its insanity.  Last year my portfolio out paced him by 11 percent.  He returned 20% my portfolio was 31%, he is still trading his funds daily.  

FTR I've never moved my funds to a fixed position in the 16 years I've had a balance, but something tells me we are in for an insane ride over the next few months.  Could be wrong....but the market cannot keep up this pace.

I stopped that over 25 years ago and diversified globally.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, f7ben said:

This market is toast. Another 3-5% drop through the rest of the week and if things get any worse news wise that will just be the start

Someone is trying their best to downplay it so its a wait and see. But if China keeps halting production it WILL have a serious effect, that is just math. Many economists are already writing off 2nd quarter. 

• Like 1

• Advertising Member
19 minutes ago, Anler said:

Someone is trying their best to downplay it so its a wait and see. But if China keeps halting production it WILL have a serious effect, that is just math. Many economists are already writing off 2nd quarter. 

To say this couldn't send us into a global recession or at the very least severely impact our economy is just ignorant at this point.

1 minute ago, Seatofmypants said:

To say this couldn't send us into a global recession or at the very least severely impact our economy is just ignorant at this point.

It’s being played up to hurt TRUMP , it’s really just a big nothing

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

52 minutes ago, Seatofmypants said:

No doubt, that is why many are trying to down play it. Lots of the market is just circulating money and if that flow stops, look out below. 

• Like 1