Check your account email address ×

I always kiss and tell!!!

f7ben

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

There’s no way flipping that sleds starved it for oil. If it lost oil pressure it would have shut down immediately. 

Did it shut itself off woolie? I can’t recall

I would suspect the cylinder got loaded with oil and the connecting rod was damaged? When he gave her hell on the next trip, it let go?

1 hour ago, Edmo said:

If you can’t mess with your friends, who are you going to?

:lol: 

EVERYONE.....as long as you can make fun of yourself too!  

12 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

I would suspect the cylinder got loaded with oil and the connecting rod was damaged? When he gave her hell on the next trip, it let go?

I think this is a warranty claim all day long.  I wish Woolie the best with it.  Ski doo is pretty top notch on backing their product though so, he’s got that going for him.  Still, middle of the season and to be at the mercy of dealers/warranty/insurance adjusters.  Sucks.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, f7ben said:

There’s no way flipping that sleds starved it for oil. If it lost oil pressure it would SHOULD have shut down immediately. 

Did it shut itself off woolie? I can’t recall

No I had to hit the kill switch to shut it off.  

2 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

And that helps Woolie how? 

Stay out of it, k?  

2 hours ago, Snake said:

And I an the evil antagonist!!!

Yeah you didnt miss much. :lol:   Put that baby on the roof and let her spin at redline for 10 seconds, Apparently tey’re not meant to do that.  :lol: 

Edited by DriftBusta
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

I don’t think that’s possible with a dry sump

Just now, f7ben said:

I read about it after he flipped it a few weeks ago. The sled wouldn’t turn over,like it was locked up. He let it sit for awhile,few hours, then it fired back up. That tells me oil was logged up somewhere it shouldn’t have been.

Just now, Woodtick said:

I read about it after he flipped it a few weeks ago. The sled wouldn’t turn over,like it was locked up. He let it sit for awhile,few hours, then it fired back up. That tells me oil was logged up somewhere it shouldn’t have been.

All the oil is in the oil tank , not the pan. It can’t just “run” into the cylinders 

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

Well if it was running when woolie shut it down it never lost oil pressure. 

I didn't think he was right either but you can't tell him anything

Imo hydro lock slightly bent rod would cause hardcore ejection at high rpm more than low oil seizure

Just now, f7ben said:

All the oil is in the oil tank , not the pan. It can’t just “run” into the cylinders 

The connecting rod coming out of the side of the block sad you are wrong. It was running upside down. The oil pump was running its ass off at wide open.

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

I thought when it first happened that the cylinders were hydro or oil locked.  An hour or two later when it started I just assumed the oil flowed back to the crankcase.  It ran fine going back to camp, but I wasnt hard on the throttle.  Then Saturday got to the first open field and grabbed a handful, got near the end of the field and it bogged, which was my first clue, it never did that before.  Got to The dealer and replaced the 180 buck shield I had broken the night before, headed back to camp, grabbed another handful in that same field, and this time it completely uncunted itself.  Dragged it back to the dealer, and they got it right in for me.  He sent me those pics less than 2 hrs later.

5 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

Thats what I thought too, but dealer had a different explanation that actually made more sense.

• Thanks 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, washedupmxer said:

I didn't think he was right either but you can't tell him anything

Imo hydro lock slightly bent rod would cause hardcore ejection at high rpm more than low oil seizure

Well once the motor is opened up it will tell the tail, if that rod bearing and crank are blued from lack of lube/heat it answers that. Wonder if doo tosses the good old white governor gear in there to see if it browns from excessive heat like most mfg's do..

Just now, f7ben said:

What were his thoughts, I’m curious

Oil starvation. Damaged the lower end bearings. First time I put a load on the motor (the field 2 weeks later) it let go.  I really dont care what happened, I have a warranty and insurance.  One of them should cover it.  A simple low speed rollover shouldnt destroy a 15,000 dollar sled.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1