Check your account email address ×

6.2 custom trail boss

Rod

I still can't get my head around the looks of the new(er) GM's and Chevy's. Imo, the best looking truck they had and should have basically stuck with in the design dept, other than an odd tweak here or there, was the 97ish Z71 style.

Not looking to shit on anyone's purchase, but the new ones look like absolute garbage to me, especially the Denali's. 

1997-gmc-sierra-1500-7.jpg

24 minutes ago, irv said:

I still can't get my head around the looks of the new(er) GM's and Chevy's. Imo, the best looking truck they had and should have basically stuck with in the design dept, other than an odd tweak here or there, was the 97ish Z71 style.

Not looking to shit on anyone's purchase, but the new ones look like absolute garbage to me, especially the Denali's. 

I liked that gen,  had a Tahoe in it which was nice but the 99-06 were so comfortable inside with the LT leather buckets with armrests that it was my favorite gen.  

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, irv said:

I always liked that style.  Clean and sharp.  That thing looks mint bro!  I never liked those squared off wells they went with after this model...glad they are gone now.

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, Zambroski said:

I always liked that style.  Clean and sharp.  That thing looks mint bro!  I never liked those squared off wells they went with after this model...glad they are gone now.

Im shocked they lasted as long as they did. It was fugly.

8 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

You know, I kinda liked that new silverado when I first saw it.  Now, I know why...it looks like my damn truck!  :lol: 

I'm diggin' on that solver trail boss.  Needs 20's and some knobby feet though.  

Just checked here a 2020 5.3 trail boss is around 47 k so a 6.2 be aboot $1200 more 

17 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Im shocked they lasted as long as they did. It was fugly.

I mean, I made mine work and it looked ok but, it's too much wheel well even with nice rubber.  Rounded is SOOOO much better.  

Still, this was a sharp truck...also the worst chevy I've owned in my life.  Fucking rattled apart after about 60k.  Just weird.

DSCN1544 (2).JPG

3 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Thanks, Zam, but that is not my truck, just an internet pic. Mine was an all black Z-71 which I also looked after. (pics below)

When this style came out back in 96, I believe, I said to myself, I have to have one of those!! Not a truck since, other than my Ram, but not as much, has done that for me.

I also hated the square wheel wells and wondered WTH GM was thinking, but then they came out with these new models that we are seeing today and I say bring back those square wheel wells as I actually think they look better than today's models. I know things have to change with the times, but geebuz, they should be able to do better than that, no?

I had an 09 Sierra as well and although it looked somewhat OK, it was never the looker my 97 was, imo. Don't get me started on what heap that one was!! >:(

022_22_01 (Large).JPG

Dale's97 truck.jpg

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, irv said:

Thanks, Zam, but that is not my truck, just an internet pic. Mine was an all black Z-71 which I also looked after. (pics below)

When this style came out back in 96, I believe, I said to myself, I have to have one of those!! Not a truck since, other than my Ram, but not as much, has done that for me.

I also hated the square wheel wells and wondered WTH GM was thinking, but then they came out with these new models that we are seeing today and I say bring back those square wheel wells as I actually think they look better than today's models. I know things have to change with the times, but geebuz, they should be able to do better than that, no?

I had an 09 Sierra as well and although it looked somewhat OK, it was never the looker my 97 was, imo. Don't get me started on what heap that one was!! >:(

022_22_01 (Large).JPG

Dale's97 truck.jpg

Oh, that’s a sweet truck.  Black used to be my favorite.  My buddy just restored one.  Did a great job but it’s kinda weird because it’s an 8 foot bed.  Painted it bright red.  Sharp as hell.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Oh, that’s a sweet truck.  Black used to be my favorite.  My buddy just restored one.  Did a great job but it’s kinda weird because it’s an 8 foot bed.  Painted it bright red.  Sharp as hell.

Thanks :bc: One of the best trucks I ever owned even though I had those shitty intake gaskets and the transmission (sun shell) gear went out of it at 144,000 km's. When I purchased my 09 after selling this one to my nephew, I missed it almost immediately. My 09 was the most gutless POS I had ever driven and I began to have problems almost immediately after purchasing it.

My nephew sold it to his friend a few years and he still has it. Looks as mint as ever too. 

13 hours ago, Highmark said:

Bit of a lift helps too.

13847ec412d21bc9bb1c476e6b4989a6.jpg

yeah just what i want a truck even more of a pita to grab shit in tbe bed and ti get in and out if . new trucks and the pointless tall bed sides are gayer than a bag of dicks . i am 6 ft and cant grab somthing on the floor of the bed with out sticking my foot in a wheel on any of my trucks. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

yeah just what i want a truck even more of a pita to grab shit in tbe bed and ti get in and out if . new trucks and the pointless tall bed sides are gayer than a bag of dicks . i am 6 ft and cant grab somthing on the floor of the bed with out sticking my foot in a wheel on any of my trucks. 

i always felt like a pt cruiser or prius was more your style anyways

faggot

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ACE said:

I checked out a 6.2 high country and I think the sticker price was almost 80 grand or some fuckin thing lol

Yeah, I went to the auto show last Saturday with my son, window sticker was 87k

5 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

Amen to that...if you actually use a truck for work any kind of lift is stupid. 

8 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

To each their own.  :thumbsup:

9 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

all the manufacturers trying to promote that "I'm a tough truck guy" image.  All the trucks on the road today, especially the 3/4 tons and up, just scream "I wanna be a big rig when I grow up."  Here in AZ, we have lifted brodozers on fat tires everywhere.  The worst are the dualies with tires sticking out 12" on either side of the fender.  Literally the gayest vehicles on the road.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, FrankieJames7 said:

i always felt like a pt cruiser or prius was more your style anyways

faggot

well we all know shoes are the most popular mode of transportation on the rez. 

my fav is any time you are driving in the middle of no place on a freeway  and the watch for pedestrians signs start poping up all over. you know you are on a rez and with out fail you see some drunk fuck stumbling down the highway . but I guess when every car your family has ever owned in on blocks out in fr of the trailer you have no choice but to break out the piss stained chuck Taylor's 

lovely culture your people have built 

• Haha 1