Check your account email address ×

Sledder killed near Conover today.

1 minute ago, hayward said:

Huh?  I didn't think you's even had enough snow to ride yet this year?

not much down our way, 1 local hit a piece of farm equipment on his own farm and the other was going through the ice rest were up on or near tug hill

1 minute ago, 01mxz800 said:

not much down our way, 1 local hit a piece of farm equipment on his own farm and the other was going through the ice rest were up on or near tug hill

There have been several in Maine already this year.  Latest one I heard was someone leaving a lake and hitting a tree.  No helmet.  Smh.  Wtf.

14 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

There have been several in Maine already this year.  Latest one I heard was someone leaving a lake and hitting a tree.  No helmet.  Smh.  Wtf.

13 hours ago, Woodtick said:

One died in IL Sunday. No snow,60deg out,and went through the ice on a lake that wasn’t froze over??????

The news calls everyone a sledder. Imo a drunken ice fisherman with no helmet isn’t a sledder. 

This sport is going to kill people.  The sleds are amazing 150hp and the suspensions built to handle it. We’re off road on 10ft wide trails, unstable lakes or in avalanche country. It’s the risk you take for the sake of adrenaline.