Check your account email address ×

I like Ontario

10 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Yep.   He on any sites now?   Did he have some health issues or something?  

I don't think he's on any sites although there is a couple around that remind me of him.

He lost a lot of weight and started running marithons and other competition running. He used to make Huizy fucking crazy. LOL

• Platinum Contributing Member
17 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

They should be fined and have their stuff taken away. 

Why, the gvmt is missing out on taxing their booze? What someone does on their own property, as long as it isn't bothering anyone else should be their business and only their business. 

24 minutes ago, Highmark said:

What was that dude's scree name?   Lived in the St. Germain area and was a teacher if I recall.   Man him and Huizy had some real knock down drag out threads.  

He was a fat drunk slob , wasn't he?

1 minute ago, steve from amherst said:

Why, the gvmt is missing out on taxing their booze? What someone does on their own property, as long as it isn't bothering anyone else should be their business and only their business. 

I don't make the rules.  Take that up with those who do. 

4 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Unfortunately lessons from the past have told us without some restrictions on game people will over harvest and hurt the population for the rest of us.   Just because an animal is on your land doesn't mean its yours.   Farmers/hunters killed off almost every whitetail in Iowa in the early to mid 1900's.   It was quite a project just to bring them back.   In the 1950's if you saw a deer it made front page news. 

Edited by Highmark

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

Unfortunately lessons from the past have told us without some restrictions on game people will over harvest and hurt the population for the rest of us.   Just because an animal is on your land doesn't mean its yours.   

Correct, but as I mentioned , he didn't tag out in the fall. So in this case what difference on the population does it have if he capped 2 -3 in November , or instead took 2 now? Nothing.

Just now, Anler said:

LLS was awesome, he drove Huzy nuts. So much so Huzy got that license plate after him. :lol: 

I forgot about that.  :lol:  

1 minute ago, steve from amherst said:

Correct, but as I mentioned , he didn't tag out in the fall. So in this case what difference on the population does it have if he capped 2 -3 in November , or instead took 2 now? Nothing.

I see you're point however I disagree with it being justifiable.  Hopefully he was joking.  

Game limits are set for a reason.   They aren't set expecting everyone to fill all their tags in season.   If everyone who didn't goes out and poaches now the population is hurt.  In Iowa the Farm Bureau and other insurance groups have convinced the DNR to allow too many deer in some places to be harvested and you can hardly find a deer.   In other area's not enough.   Its a balance.

Edited by Highmark

Just now, SVT MXZ XRS said:

Don't bitch when you get burned :bc:

Oh, ive paid before. But hey , Im old school. To be an anarchist in my day you had to actually act like one. These wanna be's nowadays just go online and tell people they are. 

Just now, steve from amherst said:

Oh, ive paid before. But hey , Im old school. To be an anarchist in my day you had to actually act like one. These wanna be's nowadays just go online and tell people they are. 

As long as you're man enough to take your punishment :thumbsup:

2 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

In case you havnt noticed. I feel the same about F&G as ben does about cops.

So be it.   Sure there are some rotten ones and I knew a real bad one around here.   I've always said as hunter no different than sledders we have to police ourselves.   If not the govt fucking ruins it.  Following a few of the rules hopefully keeps more from being placed on us.  

Edited by Highmark
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Highmark said:

So be it.   Sure there are some rotten ones and I knew a real bad one around here.   I've always said as hunter no different than sledders we have to police ourselves.   If not the govt fucking ruins it.  

Ive had some asshole call F&G on me because I shot a duck at 6:03 when legal shooting ended at 5:59 . By the time that deal was over I had $280 in fines and loss of license for 3 months.

They take their job too seriously