Check your account email address ×

How do I know that an atomic bomb works by splitting an atom?

f7ben

Just now, frenchy said:

Big bang is regularly referred to as the beginning of the universe In media publications. It's not. Or at least that can not be proven. A simple google search will show what I am talking about on page one.

Provide a link man, show what you are talking about.

Also, the beginning, and the cause for or of the beginning are not the same thing.

The big bang works from the Plank Time onwards.  This is what is colloquially refered to the beginning of our universe.

Neal

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

The amazing part is , every year really smart people come up with incredible new ways to peer deeper and deeper into space. The closed minded ignorant can keep their heads in the sand. I'll direct my curiosity towards things being discovered by brilliant minds.

Xmuthafuckin2

Neal

4 minutes ago, f7ben said:

The amazing part is , every year really smart people come up with incredible new ways to peer deeper and deeper into space. The closed minded ignorant can keep their heads in the sand. I'll direct my curiosity towards things being discovered by brilliant minds.

who is burying their head in the sand?

hell I'm around this stuff all the time the company I work for his a space division I was at the last 2 CASI conferences and our company had a booth at the IAF Astro Conference in Washington in October.  The space issues are fascinating and so broad ranging. .

I'm just pragmatic enough to know there are some things science is nowhere close to explaining, and probably never will.

• Platinum Contributing Member
26 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Yet people claim to know a higher power had to create the universe...

Neal

Curious.   When your views changed so dramatically on God.   I thought I remember you being fairly spiritual?

17 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

How would it be possible for one to provide proof of supernatural being(s)?

It seems silly to expect that anyone can.

Neal

Just because there is no proof doesn't mean it doesn't exist. 

Just now, ArcticCrusher said:

For most it comes down to a loss. 

I was never overly spiritual but more so than I am now and generally a loss can make that grow.   For me it did the opposite.

5 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Just because there is no proof doesn't mean it doesn't exist. 

Nope!  Scientists just declare it “extinct”.  If it pops it’s head out somewhere they didn’t look...well, then they declare it a miraculous recovery!  

Their plan is all pretty bulletproof....really.  

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Can you provide some evidence that is so...

I already know the answer, as you have already done so with the school and media evidence...

Neal

What is the causality for the big Bang?

3 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Sure, but an entity existing without proof or any interaction is pretty pointless...

Neal

So you feel that about certain scientific research like String Theory?   Some theoretical physics fields haven't had any break thru's in 30 years if ever.    

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

So you feel that about certain scientific research like String Theory?   Some theoretical physics fields haven't had any break thru's in 30 years if ever.    

String theory (and the zoos of it)have math proofs and evidences to show it's validity.  None claim to explain all aspects of our universe.

Indeed.

Neal

1 hour ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

String theory (and the zoos of it)have math proofs and evidences to show it's validity.  None claim to explain all aspects of our universe.

Indeed.

Neal

Those math proofs are good.  Okay.:lol:

You can't make this shit up.

6 hours ago, Highmark said:

Absolutely.   There is no proof to many that God exists but I've yet to see anything that proves without a shadow of a doubt he/she/it doesn't exist. 

Is it not strange that thru the millions of years of evolution only human's have evolved into the level of intelligence and sophistication?

Is it not possible that the similarities in species (internal organs for example) might indicate intelligent design in some way?   I'm not saying creationism but it does make one think.  

Nobody/nothing will EVER prove without a shadow of doubt that God doesn’t exist. Ever. How is that even a discussion point?

6 hours ago, frenchy said:

Bill Maher for example always says belief in science and having faith are simply incompatible. I think that is flat out wrong with regards to this discussion in particular because nothing in science can prove how the universe came to be.

And now I am being asked to show textbooks and school curricula :lol: 

Bill Maher is your example? Seriously? That’s about as relevant as Billy Graham in a religious discussion. One of those minority religious nuts you mentioned. 

2 hours ago, frenchy said:

Big bang is regularly referred to as the beginning of the universe In media publications. It's not. Or at least that can not be proven. A simple google search will show what I am talking about on page one.

Big Bang is currently the best explanation we have for the universe. 

4 minutes ago, SSFB said:

Nobody/nothing will EVER prove without a shadow of doubt that God doesn’t exist. Ever. How is that even a discussion point?

Bill Maher is your example? Seriously? That’s about as relevant as Billy Graham in a religious discussion. One of those minority religious nuts you mentioned. 

Big Bang is currently the best explanation we have for the universe. 

If only we had any clue what might have caused it?

2 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

If only we had any clue what might have caused it?

Religious texts will never be evidence of a creator, no matter how much one wants them to be.