Check your account email address ×

How do I know that an atomic bomb works by splitting an atom?

f7ben

3 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

What's your thoughts on quantum entanglement and what happens if you cross the event horizon of a black hole?

'Siri. Give me a really hard astrophysics question to ask a stranger on a snowmobile forum I'm arguing with'

:lol: 

Edited by frenchy

Just now, frenchy said:

'Siri. Give me a really hard science question to ask a stranger on a snowmobile forum I'm arguing with'

Those are only hard science questions if you don't know physics.

Which clearly you do because of all this evidence you've presented...

3 minutes ago, frenchy said:

'Siri. Give me a really hard science question to ask a stranger on a snowmobile forum I'm arguing with'

how he hasn't  made something great for humanity yet is simply amazing

Edited by washedupmxer

Just now, motonoggin said:

Those are only hard science questions if you don't know physics.

Which clearly you do because of all this evidence you've presented...

when did you armchair physics? When you were manning wells with borderline illiterates making the same wage for a decade?

1 minute ago, frenchy said:

when did you armchair physics? When you were manning wells with borderline illiterates making the same wage for a decade?

I had lots of spare time and I like to learn new things. 

I should probably feel pretty shitty and think myself a loser for challenging myself and improving my understanding of the universe, eh?

Just now, motonoggin said:

I should probably feel pretty shitty and think myself a loser for challenging myself and improving my understanding of the universe, eh?

Spaghettification!!!

3 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Poli Sci, Economics, Astrophysics, Science. What subjects that you have self taught yourself to college grad level understanding of while manning wells am I missing?

Edited by frenchy

11 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Is that a hypothesis or theory?

Quantum entanglement has been demonstrated to be real, repeatable, and predictable. It is part of an overarching set of laws known as quantum mechanics. 

What happens after you cross the event horizon is just hypothesis and will probably never move beyond that because the flow of information is only one way (down/in) past the event horizon. Ergo, conducting experiments to test a hypothesis would never be successful due to the lack of a two way flow of information.

10 minutes ago, frenchy said:

Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Poli Sci, Economics, Astrophysics. What subjects that you have self taught yourself to college grad level understanding while manning wells am I missing?

Something, I'm sure. 

Edited by motonoggin

1 hour ago, frenchy said:

your arrogance is showing. Again.

I know what it is. But it doesn't 'best' explain anything. NOTHING about it can credibly assess what existed before it happened. Nothing. And I know deep down it drives guys like you nuts because it just doesn't provide any of the answers you have fooled yourself into believing it does.

That's fine, I'm ok with that.

You obviously don't.  A scientific theory is the modeling that explains reality via facts and evidences.  The big bang is the best theory we presently have to explain the early time of our universe, from T=0 onward.  

The big bang theory has nothing to say before T=0, and it doesn't claim to.  This is where you obviously don't understand what the theory is.

You keep on with the origin like science has answered it, and that simply is not the case.  We (as humans) don't know what happened before T=0. There are presented speculation and hypothesis, but we have no theory about before T=0.

It is certainly possible we will never know or be able to investigate that domain either.

I am perfectly fine saying I don't know what caused the universe to begin, or what caused the big bang.  Maybe someone will present a model we can test, or present an observation to be made, but for now we are stuck with not knowing.  Religion is stuck in the same boat (deist or theist claims of origin/God/creation).  There has not been a model presented that give predictions, or has testable parameters.

Neal

Edited by NaturallyAspirated

3 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

You obviously don't.  A scientific theory is the modeling that explains reality via facts and evidences.  The big bang is the best theory we presently have to explain the early time of our universe, from T=0 onward.  

The big bang theory has nothing to say before T=0, and it doesn't claim to.  This is where you obviously don't understand what the theory is.

You keep on with the origin like science has answered it, and that simply is not the case.  We (as humans) don't know what happened before T=0. There are presented speculation and hypothesis, but we have no theory about before T=0.

It is certainly possible we will never know or be able to investigate that domain either.

I am perfectly fine saying I don't know what caused the universe to begin, or what caused the big bang.  Maybe someone will present a model we can test, or present an observation to be made, but for now we are stuck with not knowing.  Religion is stuck in the same boat (deist or theist claims of origin/God/creation).  There has not been a model presented that give predictions, or has testable parameters.

Neal

Gud poast 

3 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Neal

Good post.

I think he understands it just fine, he's just trying to strawman the theory into saying something it doesn't. 

And my hypothesis is that the reason for that is he's trying to protect a deep seeded belief that he feels is challenged by the theory. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, frenchy said:

not at all. I'm not even religious per se. I believe in a higher power but have no idea what that is. It certainly isn't in the traditional sense of a 'god' and a heaven and hell.

quite simply science provides zero answers to how the universe was created and the path from it's inception to where we are today. None. I think we know whose butts that hurts.

There isn't a theory that provides model and evidence that describes before T=0.

There is no claim in science that we know.  Its simply unknown, and with current understanding it doesn't appear knowable.

You appeal to solving a mystery with another mystery.  It doesn't do anything to advance our shared understanding, knowledge or truth.  Faith simply isn't a pathway to truth.

Neal

Science is so retarded.....how do they know light can go 186,000 miles per second. No radar gun can.measure that fast. Does light have like a speedometer on it or something. Stupid scientists