Check your account email address ×

How do I know that an atomic bomb works by splitting an atom?

f7ben

3 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Something caused it if it happened.  

If the universe requires a creator, then the creator requires a creator.

I know enough to say I don’t know what/how/who caused the Bing Bang to happen, if anything. 

It’s beyond my understanding and yours.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SSFB said:

I know enough to say I don’t know what/how/who caused the Bing Bang to happen, if anything. 

No it doesn't.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Where did this stupid deference to divinity when an issue is without explanation evolve?

It's so fucking weird I cant grasp it

You can't grasp the material stock market.  Grasp that first.

• Haha 1

Just now, ArcticCrusher said:

No it doesn't.

Then where did the creator come from?

It's the same circular logic as what you're applying to the big bang you fucking idiot

God damn you're racer dumb 

Just now, f7ben said:

Then where did the creator come from?

It's the same circular logic as what you're applying to the big bang you fucking idiot

God damn you're racer dumb 

Either the universe was created by a creator, or it was created on its own.

12 minutes ago, SSFB said:

It's far beyond our understanding, but what we do know about this material universe is things don't just pop into existence.  Yet here we are.:bc:

7 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

No it doesn't.

Explain how a Creator can exist without being created but a Universe can’t. :lol:

Just now, ArcticCrusher said:

It's far beyond our understanding, but what we do know about this material universe is things don't just pop into existence.  Yet here we are.:bc:

We know that as much as we know that God has never once revealed himself to the world. 

3 minutes ago, SSFB said:

Explain how a Creator can exist without being created but a Universe can’t. :lol:

We know that as much as we know that God has never once revealed himself to the world. 

It comes down to philosophy more than science.:bc:

9 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Simple fact is that if you believe that one of them requires a creator but that the other doesn't, then you're participating in some bizarre doublethink. 

I personally don't believe the big bang came from nothing, that doesn't even make sense to me. But that doesn't mean that religion/theism/creationism has any clue on the who/what/how. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Yes.  Faith and beliefs.  Theories aren’t laws and the Bible shouldn’t be taken literally.  Scientists and their theories are flawed, just like religion and it’s theories.

It’s pretty simple really, and...my sig line.

Just now, Zambroski said:

Yes.  Faith and beliefs.  Theories aren’t laws and the Bible shouldn’t be taken literally.  Scientists and their theories are flawed, just like religion and it’s theories.

Theories are more expansive than laws.  Theories have multiple sources of explanation and evidences.

Laws describe a single topic/fact.

Neal

1 minute ago, SSFB said:

Simple fact is that if you believe that one of them requires a creator but that the other doesn't, then you're participating in some bizarre doublethink. 

I personally don't believe the big bang came from nothing, that doesn't even make sense to me. But that doesn't mean that religion is even in the same universe(pun intended) in explaining the who/what/how. 

You lost me at religion.

I believe there was a means behind our total existence.  The odds of all this forming without any cause is extraordinary to say the least. 

1 minute ago, ArcticCrusher said:

You lost me at religion.

I believe there was a means behind our total existence.  The odds of all this forming without any cause is extraordinary to say the least. 

See the edit. Religion/theism/creationism........anybody who believes in a creator.

What's the means behind the creator's total existence? What's the odds behind the creator existing without any cause? 

3 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I don't really care much for the Bible (OT) version at least, it has held up.