Check your account email address ×

U.S. Adds 161,000 Jobs in October; Jobless Rate Ticks Down to 4.9%

• Gold Member
7 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

No. You are not interpreting the statistics correctly. Their is a cultural shift towards higher education that accounts for the drop in 16-24. 25-54 has held steady enough. The decreases in those are accounted for with automation, manufacturing shifts, and advantage gap contraction. But... LFPR is a bad metric anyways. 

ted_20121203b.png

I agree on LFPR being somewhat of a bad measure as it should remove the retired and put into its own category.  LFPR should encompass the unemployed and not the retired.  While automation has affected manufacturing the effect of it this millennium I feel is very minimal....  For example UAW numbers have gone over 400k last year eclipsing 2008 member numbers.  Automation was a big driver in the 90's and early 2000's as well as trade policies but automation has reached its zen last decade IMO.  There are just too many people and not enough jobs is why the LFPR is at historically low participation levels and another reason people are going to school longer and in greater numbers......  My wife....  39 years old just went back to expand on her bachelors degree to increase her prospects.  Why is she back in school???  The job market sucks for a biology degree and not much for 6 figures with out advanced school in that degree....  Luck for us I make a great living to be able to pay for it out of pocket with no loans.  3-4 years and she will be done and don't have to compete for jobs with a bunch of bachelor degree millennials out of work and have a more specialized training...

• 1 year later...
On 11/5/2016 at 9:04 PM, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

No. You are not interpreting the statistics correctly. Their is a cultural shift towards higher education that accounts for the drop in 16-24. 25-54 has held steady enough. The decreases in those are accounted for with automation, manufacturing shifts, and advantage gap contraction. But... LFPR is a bad metric anyways. 

ted_20121203b.png

You are correct. The aging workforce accounts for the increase. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/qz.com/286213/the-chart-obama-haters-love-most-and-the-truth-behind-it/amp/

How come nobody talks about this anymore? No talk about how much the POTUS golfs, takes vacations and there costs or using Air Force 1 to campaign. Why is that?

25 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

How come nobody talks about this anymore? No talk about how much the POTUS golfs, takes vacations and there costs or using Air Force 1 to campaign. Why is that?

It’s no longer important to republicans. 

1 hour ago, 1jkw said:

You're talking about it. Does that make you a nobody?  

11 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

You're talking about it. Does that make you a nobody?  

No, I asked why nobody commented on these subjects. I didn't discuss the subjects. And I pretty much am a nobody.

3 hours ago, 1jkw said:

Everybody here either smokes blue cock or red cock. Momo smokes all cock. 

• Haha 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
5 hours ago, Nazipigdog said:

More like some people use facts and some use alt facts :thumbsup:  While others just bitch..........

1 hour ago, SnowRider said:

More like some people use facts and some use alt facts :thumbsup:  While others just bitch..........

No some people with IQ’s over 80, unlike you, don’t call it bitching when you refuse to support your duopoly that your entire existence relies upon for self-gratification. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

No some people with IQ’s over 80, unlike you, don’t call it bitching when you refuse to support your duopoly that your entire existence relies upon for self-gratification. 

137 :thumbsup:  I don’t rub the nuts and vote for the conspiracy fucks who govern off Faux Noise propaganda and deep state paranoia :snack:  You do :thumbsup: 

8 hours ago, Nazipigdog said:

NaziPigDog assfucks retards its his drug of choice :gfight: fucking sick faggot

1 minute ago, SnowRider said:

137 :thumbsup:  I don’t rub the nuts and vote for the conspiracy fucks who govern off Faux Noise propaganda and deep state paranoia :snack:  You do :thumbsup: 

Thats correct...your obsessed with a 2 time loser. :lol:

2 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

:lies: and more :lies: from Taintrider 

4 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Have any evidence to support your 137 claim?

Neal

Not a claim - it’s a fact from taking an actual IQ test :thumbsup:  Not on the spectrum either :snack:

4 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

Not a claim - it’s a fact from taking an actual IQ test :thumbsup:  Not on the spectrum either :snack:

Well that just solidifies iq tests mean absolutely nothing. 

12 hours ago, 1jkw said:

Because deficits don't matter. 

9 hours ago, Nazipigdog said:

And eats and plays with all kinds of shit in his cage.