Check your account email address ×

Massachusetts family rescued after GPS took minivan onto snowmobile trail in New Hampshire

ckf

Authorities rescued a Massachusetts family after their minivan got stuck on a snowmobile trail in New Hampshire.

The New Hampshire Fish and Game Department said authorities from several agencies were called to Crawford’s Purchase to help a family whose vehicle got stuck on the Jefferson Notch Road snowmobile trail.

Personnel from New Hampshire Fish and Game, Twin Mountain Fire and Rescue and New Hampshire State Police were called just before midnight Saturday to help two adults and five children who were stranded in a minivan after their GPS took them onto a seasonal road that is only open to snowmobile traffic during the winter.

No one was injured but the family said the minivan was running out of fuel. The minivan had gone off the trail and was stuck in a ditch, authorities said.

The Twin Mountain Fire Department used an ATV to reach the family and began shuttling people from the scene back to Base Station Road. A conservation officer also used a snowmobile to help transport the family.

Authorities pulled the minivan from the ditch. The family and vehicle were freed by 2 a.m. Sunday.

The driver of the minivan, 45-year-old Dattu Prajapati of Burlington, Massachusetts, told investigators that he had been following his GPS after leaving the Bretton Woods Ski Area.

“The GPS had indicated that he should take Jefferson Notch Road back to Gorham,” authorities said. “After entering the road, Prajapati could not find a place to turn around. Driving in several miles, he was eventually able to turn around but got stuck after sliding off of the icy trail on his way back out.”

The family was trying to get back to their hotel in Gorham, New Hampshire.

The family had no cell service at the scene, but they were able to use the minivan’s roadside assistance feature to get help.

Authorities said the family was stranded for seven hours.

“Jefferson Notch Road, like many seasonal New Hampshire roads, becomes a snowmobile trail during the winter,” according to the New Hampshire Fish and Game. “Due to signage indicating such at the beginning of the road, Prajapati was cited for operating a conventional vehicle on a snowmobile trail.”

3 minutes ago, ckf said:

Authorities rescued a Massachusetts family after their minivan got stuck on a snowmobile trail in New Hampshire.

The New Hampshire Fish and Game Department said authorities from several agencies were called to Crawford’s Purchase to help a family whose vehicle got stuck on the Jefferson Notch Road snowmobile trail.

Personnel from New Hampshire Fish and Game, Twin Mountain Fire and Rescue and New Hampshire State Police were called just before midnight Saturday to help two adults and five children who were stranded in a minivan after their GPS took them onto a seasonal road that is only open to snowmobile traffic during the winter.

No one was injured but the family said the minivan was running out of fuel. The minivan had gone off the trail and was stuck in a ditch, authorities said.

The Twin Mountain Fire Department used an ATV to reach the family and began shuttling people from the scene back to Base Station Road. A conservation officer also used a snowmobile to help transport the family.

Authorities pulled the minivan from the ditch. The family and vehicle were freed by 2 a.m. Sunday.

The driver of the minivan, 45-year-old Dattu Prajapati of Burlington, Massachusetts, told investigators that he had been following his GPS after leaving the Bretton Woods Ski Area.

“The GPS had indicated that he should take Jefferson Notch Road back to Gorham,” authorities said. “After entering the road, Prajapati could not find a place to turn around. Driving in several miles, he was eventually able to turn around but got stuck after sliding off of the icy trail on his way back out.”

The family was trying to get back to their hotel in Gorham, New Hampshire.

The family had no cell service at the scene, but they were able to use the minivan’s roadside assistance feature to get help.

Authorities said the family was stranded for seven hours.

“Jefferson Notch Road, like many seasonal New Hampshire roads, becomes a snowmobile trail during the winter,” according to the New Hampshire Fish and Game. “Due to signage indicating such at the beginning of the road, Prajapati was cited for operating a conventional vehicle on a snowmobile trail.”

Damn minivan drivers.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Ck I’m sure like me you know the trail. It can happen very easy on a paved summer road. GPS can fuck you up for sure.

For sure, plus given the driver's name I doubt he even knew what a snowmobile is.:lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

few weeks back we ran by 2 teens on a trail burred to frame in a kia or  geo or some shit . I am sure they were going out in the woods to fuck . then about 1/3 mi up the trail  my bud got pulled over for a speed tix . we told dnr guy about car . he said he knew and told tow truck to hold off for about 2 hrs or so to teach the dumb fucks a lesson 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Polaris 550 said:

When they said minivan, I just KNEW it was a fukkin dot head.

They go by here all day, in MINIVANS.

God, those people can't suck enough. 

Yes, I said it. 

His name being Dattu wasn’t a clue?

6 minutes ago, frenchy said:

Woolie's been known to do that :news: 

You make a valid point.  :lol: 

You would think the minute the shit-head got off a main road, that they would have realized it was wrong.

FIVE FUKKIN KIDS!!!! FIVE!!!!!! See how the bastards are gonna' outbreed us!!! FIVE DARK, UGLY FUCKS, THAT NOBODY BUT ANOTHER FUCKDO WOULD WANT TO FUCK!!!!

Why aren't we getting Swedish, Finnish, and Norwegian blonde girls?????? 

WHY ARE WE GETTING UGLY, REPULSIVE, FILTHY VERMIN OF THE EARTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

• Platinum Contributing Member
7 hours ago, Mainecat said:

Ck I’m sure like me you know the trail. It can happen very easy on a paved summer road. GPS can fuck you up for sure.

It is heavily signed. 

13 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

stranded? walk the fuck outta the woods to the road, you faggots.

The family and vehicle were ‘freed’ by 2am. :lol: 

always astonishes me though how many people don’t bring proper clothing when driving in winter in case of breakdown. Simple common fucking sense. Bet they were dressed in traditional Punjabi festival wear complete with slippers and nothing else. 

Edited by frenchy
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

His name being Dattu wasn’t a clue?

You make a valid point.  :lol: 

10 hours ago, frenchy said:

always astonishes me though how many people don’t bring proper clothing when driving in winter in case of breakdown. Simple common fucking sense. Bet they were dressed in traditional Punjabi festival wear complete with slippers and nothing else. 

Dattu experienced a climate emergency.

11 hours ago, Kivalo said:

stranded? walk the fuck outta the woods to the road, you faggots.

11 hours ago, frenchy said:

It said they were coming back from Skiing, if they had their own gear it shows that they're even dumber than we first might have thought. :lol: