Check your account email address ×

Welded two pieces of steel together!!!

BOHICA

• Gold Member

Harbor freight welder and grinding and my first weld in my adult hood life came out glorious!

F834ED95-BB24-44FC-ABEE-3EB63747B9D9.thumb.jpeg.3799887ff22ef47d3de5bb3cd6bcf21d.jpeg

3D5B2813-43BC-48A5-97EA-A341AFD0F40E.thumb.jpeg.fa3c119920488c9fb59e7575fe9fc628.jpeg

ben is going to respond with some worthless wisdom so here is a preemptive “shut the fuck up ben you dick sucking faggot”

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, BOHICA said:

Harbor freight welder and grinding and my first weld in my adult hood life came out glorious!

F834ED95-BB24-44FC-ABEE-3EB63747B9D9.thumb.jpeg.3799887ff22ef47d3de5bb3cd6bcf21d.jpeg

3D5B2813-43BC-48A5-97EA-A341AFD0F40E.thumb.jpeg.fa3c119920488c9fb59e7575fe9fc628.jpeg

ben is going to respond with some worthless wisdom so here is a preemptive “shut the fuck up ben you dick sucking faggot”

I was practicing welding at work the other night. I'm decent 

You should convert that flux core unit to DC. Google it up and get it done. It will weld 100x better if you do

Just now, BOHICA said:

Nope....  just got a welder for my b-day.  Welded for a semester in highschool but never needed to weld anything.

Nice I just kinda figured it was something every man had lol

1 minute ago, BOHICA said:

Nope....  just got a welder for my b-day.  Welded for a semester in highschool but never needed to weld anything.

Here faggot.....you can thank me later. Maybe you should find an actual electrician to do the hard stuff for you though

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.hobby-machinist.com/threads/harbor-freight-90a-flux-core-ac-to-dc-conversion.51693/&ved=2ahUKEwjOrbKlrrvmAhXNQc0KHUnXD0sQFjAEegQIAhAF&usg=AOvVaw04s4tS8vsPNg3SF8XLXjdU

• Gold Member
3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Hay faggot.  This harbor freight titanium 240 volt 50 amp has 170 amp of dc capability.  Pretty much welded up 3/8 steel in two passes!!!

Just now, BOHICA said:

Hay faggot.  This harbor freight titanium 240 volt 50 amp has 170 amp of dc capability.  Pretty much welded up 3/8 steel in two passes!!!

Link it up....I'd like to see what you got

• Gold Member
8 minutes ago, Tickle Shits said:

Figured I better do some backyard projects before I go to slapping suspension in and boxing the frame before the 572 goes in it new home

9387F5E7-B772-4471-BCAA-3E826A671DC0.thumb.jpeg.10d10fe82019a2ae85e1051e0e405b54.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Gold Member
5 minutes ago, f7ben said:

That looks like an pretty decent unit

One of my mechanics at work told me to get that for diy/hobby type use.  I was looking at a miller multiprocess but he told me not to waste my money and get the titanium series from harbor freight.

i may just buy a harbor freight titanium tig dedicated unit instead of there multi process unit when I need to build headers for my pickup.

Edited by BOHICA

Just now, BOHICA said:

One of my mechanics at work told me to get that for diy/hobby type use.  I was looking at a miller multiprocess but he told me not to waste my money and get the titanium series from harbor freight.

i May just buy a harbor freight titanium tig unit instead of there multi process unit when I go to build headers for my pickup.

I've only ever used Miller welders at work. I guess I'm probably spoiled and would hate trying to use a cheapo unit. That one you got looks good.

Get a nice cart and set up with shielding gas

• Gold Member
3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I've only ever used Miller welders at work. I guess I'm probably spoiled and would hate trying to use a cheapo unit. That one you got looks good.

Get a nice cart and set up with shielding gas

Ya I need to get some gas.  The flux shit makes a mess 

• Platinum Contributing Member
41 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Congrats!

I've had a stick welder for years along with a small mig but I've never learned how to properly use them. I can bubble gum something together with the stick but nothing I'd trust. I have a buddy who's good with them and he comes and does what I need.

I have a friend who took a college course in welding a couple years ago then bought himself a good welding set up. I should do that.

1 hour ago, Tickle Shits said:

I have one and can do shitty farm style quick fix shit . but. bring my good shit to a pro to be done well I know my limitations and I just deduct all welding jobs as biz expence anyway