Check your account email address ×

Think it's totaled?

4 minutes ago, Fireball 440 said:

Hit a deer at 72 mph on my way home from work on Tuesday. Blew the airbag.  Waiting on word from the adjusters.

received_1502966449879432.jpeg

Did you at least get the backstraps????   :lol:

2 minutes ago, Snake said:

Funny enough, I did the same thing when I hit a rock with my Nytro. Same deal, smashed up one side in front.

It was $6400.

Snowmobile damage is such a ripoff.  Blown motor on my Polaris=$5500.  

13 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

good thing is all those parts could be bought cheap at a junkyard if they total it and you buy it back.  will still need someone to pull the apron don't think a tree and ratchet straps getting that part straight.  

A friend of mine does the auction/rebuild thing and makes good money at it. Many new cars that get damaged off the line/while in transport are quickly discarded from all the big manu's so he purchases them at auction and rebuilds them. The damage is minimal, imo, but I guess some of the big manu's don't have the time to deal with them? I've seen practically new vehicles (low mileage) with cosmetic damage, (dented fenders, grills, headlights,etc) be purchased for practically peanuts then resold after he fixes them up.

He makes good money at it but he has a ton of connections and has the skill/knowledge to rebuild them. 

1 hour ago, Fireball 440 said:

Hit a deer at 72 mph on my way home from work on Tuesday. Blew the airbag.  Waiting on word from the adjusters.

received_1502966449879432.jpeg

They’ll probably work that baby off to auctions and it will be in a Mexican body shop next week.  That’s what happened to my Tahoe years ago with about the same damage.  High miles and they’ll toast it.

21 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

good thing is all those parts could be bought cheap at a junkyard if they total it and you buy it back.  will still need someone to pull the apron don't think a tree and ratchet straps getting that part straight.  

Not all ins co’s will do this anymore.  They do better sending it off to auction.  

27 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

And the whole dashboard with all the electronics.

I took a fatty out with my tundra a couple years back.  Took out the left front and every panel all the way down the side.  I actually thought they were going to total it.  I can’t remember but it was like 5 digits in damage.  They fixed it.  I was surprised.

About a month ago a guy on the lake here was coming back from Chemo treatment when he sorta blacked out and went off the road, damage didn't look to bad, at least to me, but because the airbags went off they junked it, seems you have to pull the whole dash off and some cases the steering..it was a few year old Lincoln suv. 

46 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

Can't do that! Used parts are unsafe and will kill you. 

26 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

They’ll probably work that baby off to auctions and it will be in a Mexican body shop next week.  That’s what happened to my Tahoe years ago with about the same damage.  High miles and they’ll toast it.

Not all ins co’s will do this anymore.  They do better sending it off to auction.  

They have to. Insurance cos don't own your car.

28 minutes ago, irv said:

A friend of mine does the auction/rebuild thing and makes good money at it. Many new cars that get damaged off the line/while in transport are quickly discarded from all the big manu's so he purchases them at auction and rebuilds them. The damage is minimal, imo, but I guess some of the big manu's don't have the time to deal with them? I've seen practically new vehicles (low mileage) with cosmetic damage, (dented fenders, grills, headlights,etc) be purchased for practically peanuts then resold after he fixes them up.

He makes good money at it but he has a ton of connections and has the skill/knowledge to rebuild them. 

The last part is utmost importance.

But it's not like it used to be that's for sure.