Check your account email address ×

Justin Trudeau is Doing a Great Job

revrnd

2 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Really?

Well, Justin Trudeau, tweeted this from Los Angeles.

“I can’t image the grief and sorrow the Boushie family is feeling tonight,” he wrote. “Sending love to them from the U.S.”

Sounds like something a 13 year old girl would tweet during Spring Break.

Pretty insincere to go this way. No need to do this in a public manner, but then his lemmings would 'see' that he is so thoughtful had he just phoned them. 

Did he tweet/call the Guindon family in Oshawa when Rori Hachey's remains and/or her alleged killer were found?

How about the fireman that drowned near Bobcaygeon?

14 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

Budget comes out Feb 27th 

I guess Trudope is still saying the economy will grow from the heart and the budget will balance itself... so does he really need to create a budget. Just spend whatever and hope for the best.

3 minutes ago, 02sled said:

I guess Trudope is still saying the economy will grow from the heart and the budget will balance itself... so does he really need to create a budget. Just spend whatever and hope for the best.

He has more stupid statements coming soon don't worry.  

Other than that the economy is doing well compared to the last 10 years, it was going to happen regardless of who is in power

Sounds like a good kid:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Colten_Boushie

According to the police ITO (Information To Obtain warrant), which was produced in August 2016 in the early stages of the investigation[Notes 1][5] and was obtained by the Globe and Mail on August 9, 2016, twenty-two year old Colten Boushie, his girlfriend, Kiora Wuttunee, Belinda Jackson, her boyfriend, Eric Meechance,[6][7] and Cassidy Cross-Whitstone, all from the Cree Red Pheasant First Nation, had spent the day swimming and drinking[8] in the Maymont River.[9] Wuttunee's grey 2003 Ford Escape SUV they were riding in, got a flat tire.[9]

The ITO claimed that they first visited a neighbouring farm belonging to the Fouhy family, where they "attempted to steal vehicles and items"[5] by trying to smash the window of a truck with a .22 calibre rifle. Cross-Whitstone broke the stock of the rifle in this failed attempt.[10] They then drove unto the Gerald Stanley's property near Biggar, Saskatchewan, in the regional municipality of Glenside,[11][12] which is about 57 kilometres (35 mi) from their home.[13]

When the SUV entered the Stanley property, the father and son were repairing a fence while Gerald Stanley's wife Leesa was mowing the lawn not far away. The SUV occupants first entered a truck belonging to one of Gerald's customers, then mounted an ATV. Stanley's son Sheldon chased them away, and smashed the Ford Escape SUV's windshield with a hammer. The SUV "crashed into Stanley’s wife's car and came to a halt".[8]

Stanley took a semi-automatic handgun from his shed, loaded it and "fired warning shots in the air" as Cross-Whitstone and Meechance ran from the ATV and fled the property.[8]Sheldon Stanley went into the house to get his truck keys.

Gerald Stanley then approached the SUV with Boushie in the front passenger seat and Jackson and Wuttunee in the back. Stanley said he saw the lawnmower his wife was using, thought she had been run over, and he tried to turn off the ignition key with his left hand while he was holding his handgun in his right hand. He said the gun went off accidentally. He shot Boushie, who witnesses claim had a loaded .22-caliber rifle between his legs,[14][15] in the "back of the head at point blank range" at c. 5:30 PM.[11][16]

From the Globe & Mail:

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/colten-boushie/article32451940/

On Aug. 9, 22-year-old Colten and his friends set out from the Red Pheasant reserve, about 150 kilometres west of Saskatoon, for a day of swimming and drinking. The car they were riding in had a flat tire and they pulled into the yard of a local farmer named Gerald Stanley. What happened next is uncertain, but one thing is clear – Colten wound up dead. To summarize the competing views of the tragedy in their extremes: either Colten was the victim of a racially motivated killing, or Colten's friends were trespassers and thieves who met swift, vigilante "justice." There are a number of other possibilities, too, of course. The farmer may have acted in self-defence, the gun may have fired accidentally, or it may have been something else entirely. As the court process plays out, tensions are high and the facts contested.

I think if I ventured unwanted onto a property on the Prairies, I'd expect to get shot at.

Unfortunately in Canada a criminal can walk onto your property, steal your snowmobile right in front of you, laugh at you, and ride away on it.  If you defend your property and injure that thief you are at risk of more jail time then they are.

What needs to change is the rights to use whatever force to protect your property from thieves.  Especially rural property owners.

Like in the USA.  If your breaking into my property i have a right to protct myself and my family.

If Coulton Bushie and friends had a flat tire then the SUV should have been up on a jack with a tire off and being rolled towards the drive shed for help.  Not driving away from scene and  Not two people jumping on farm owners ATV after rifling through their truck!

Justin pandering for more voters.

‘Anti-black racism ... does exist’

Trudeau shines light on bias

• Toronto Sun
  • February 14, 2018
  •  

GATINEAU, Que. — Justin Trudeau says it’s time Canadians acknowledged that racism and unconscious bias against black people exist in this country.

And the prime minister says it’s time to take action to ensure equal opportunity and treatment of the more than one million black Canadians, including doing more to recruit and elect black members of Parliament.

Trudeau made the comments in a short speech at a reception marking Black History Month.

Two weeks ago, Trudeau announced that Canada is officially recognizing the United Nations’ International Decade for People of African Descent, which emphasizes the need for research and data collection to better understand the challenges facing the black communities around the globe.

Trudeau says advocacy groups for black Canadians have complained about the over-representation of black individuals in prisons and about insufficient support for those with mental health issues.

“It’s time we recognize that anti-black racism and unconscious bias does exist,” Trudeau said Monday.

“It’s time we hear — and believe — the stories of men and women who have been judged by the colour of their skin. It’s time we take action to ensure equal opportunity and equal treatment of black Canadians in our schools and our places of work.”

Moreover, he said it’s time the House of Commons — “the heart of our democracy” — looked more like the composition of Canadian society, with more black MPs.

“For too many people, antiblack racism, discrimination and inequality are part of their daily lives. This is unacceptable. Canada can and must do better,” Trudeau said.

2 hours ago, Sksman said:

Unfortunately in Canada a criminal can walk onto your property, steal your snowmobile right in front of you, laugh at you, and ride away on it.  If you defend your property and injure that thief you are at risk of more jail time then they are.

What needs to change is the rights to use whatever force to protect your property from thieves.  Especially rural property owners.

Like in the USA.  If your breaking into my property i have a right to protct myself and my family.

If Coulton Bushie and friends had a flat tire then the SUV should have been up on a jack with a tire off and being rolled towards the drive shed for help.  Not driving away from scene and  Not two people jumping on farm owners ATV after rifling through their truck!

Then we get the PM meeting with the family and stating it was an honour to meet with them.  How about being responsible for one's actions?  Will he meet with the farmer? 

DV9dgepWsAAK1SA.jpg:large

2 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Then we get the PM meeting with the family and stating it was an honour to meet with them.  How about being responsible for one's actions?  Will he meet with the farmer? 

DV9dgepWsAAK1SA.jpg:large

Canada's version of Dr Phil?

5 hours ago, Sksman said:

Justin pandering for more voters.

The MMIW inquiry is going nowhere. Big fanfare yesterday that Slate Falls FN in NW Ont' has clean water now. How many more boil water advisories to go?

The FNs have not been impressed w/ the Liberals since Sock Boy won. He has to appear to care about them so they'll vote Liberal in '19.

5 hours ago, Sksman said:

https://www.thespec.com/news-story/7411253-hamilton-man-charged-in-shooting-defending-home-son/

http://nationalpost.com/news/canada/man-faces-jail-after-protecting-home-from-masked-attackers

11 hours ago, Sksman said:

BOLD That isn't really true 

27 minutes ago, Puzzleboy said:

It's entirely true.  Protection of life is guaranteed.  But we do not have "castle" doctrine here; but we should. 

NO you have to go to court and defend the charges,  stand your ground isn't a free for all shotem up thing 

Not all States have Stand Your Ground laws 

Its a fact you shot someone you go to court, not really anyway around it 

I never said otherwise, or that you wouldn't have to go to court.  In this silly country, they'll lay the charges almost automatically, which is unjust.  They should only be laying charges where there is evidence to do so. 

But we DO have the right to protect life. 

Edited by Puzzleboy