Check your account email address ×

How dumb would you have to be to refer to a chuck eye steak as a roast???

f7ben

21 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Honestly.....its a tossup between a chuck eye and a porter for me. 

chuck eye is the best value,  $5 lb cheaper than ribeye,  $3 cheaper than a strip.  Can't beat it.  Ribeye is the best steak IMO but not 60% more.  think i paid 6.99lb for these.  USDA select strips are more than that.  

38 minutes ago, snopro31 said:

Ben is this what the butcher is doing with the deer?

Not sure what you mean Gummy.....deer will be steaks out of the loin and straps and 50lbs of summer sausage with the rest

Edited by f7ben

• Platinum Contributing Member

Where's that pic of the "steak" Bhen?? Let's check the size.. Around here the is the "Chuck Roast" which goes in the crock, but they are 4-6lbs..I've never seen a chuck steak at my butcher..

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, ckf said:

You guys must be eating small pot roasts because Chuck Eye is a very small steak

It’s a more expensive roast around here. My butcher sells chuck eye roast and that what my wife uses in her pot roast. My butcher doesn’t sell chuck steak. Top sirloin is probably his lowest grade steak?

3 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Where's that pic of the "steak" Bhen?? Let's check the size.. Around here the is the "Chuck Roast" which goes in the crock, but they are 4-6lbs..I've never seen a chuck steak at my butcher..

Good god dummy.....watch the video I posted or try google. It looks literally identical to a ribeye. Sweet fuck

Edited by f7ben

1 minute ago, Rigid1 said:

This whole thing started a while back when Ben posted a pic of pot roast and called it a steak. I slapped him around for it,just like we are in this thread.

2 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

This whole thing started a while back when Ben posted a pic of pot roast and called it a steak. I slapped him around for it,just like we are in this thread.

Yah.....a 10oz pot roast. Kill yourself dumb motherfucker!!11

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

Good god dummy.....watch the video I posted or try google. It looks literally identical to a ribeye. Sweet fuck

Try reading for once Beaker, I don't care about the video, I want to see what you were eating..If you had it handy..

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

No, I remember the thread, "best steak ever"..I'm just busting chops..

• Haha 1