Check your account email address ×

How dumb would you have to be to refer to a chuck eye steak as a roast???

f7ben

15 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

mckinnons usually has them in the meat rack.  hate the fact they sell so much select meat but dig through that crap and there is usually some Angus chuck eyes.  

Angus is a really cool marketing term used by big grocery chains. Don’t be fooled.

2 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

If you are ever in Chicago,you need to go to the back of the yards. Some of the country’s best meat ships out of Chicago. My butcher is third generation and his shop supplies to some of the best steak houses in this area. None of which serve pot roast.  He does sell chuck eye roast at a premium, but nobody in this area cuts the steak off the end. They just do the roast. If I recall,Costco sells the roast the same way. My brother buys the ribeye roast from Costco and cuts steaks out of it. 

There was a poster on the old site who quoted one of the oldest butchers in chicago. They rarely sold chuckeye because they cut them for themselves and fought over them.

Just now, f7ben said:

There was a poster on the old site who quoted one of the oldest butchers in chicago. They rarely sold chuckeye because they cut them for themselves and fought over them.

Not my butcher,it’s part of the spendy roast he sells.  All kidding aside and you know this. There is a difference between going to a $14 a hour butcher in a big chain grocery store and a true butcher shop. 

3 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

Not my butcher,it’s part of the spendy roast he sells.  All kidding aside and you know this. There is a difference between going to a $14 a hour butcher in a big chain grocery store and a true butcher shop. 

Absolutely. I have been blessed to have two small local butchers in the two towns I've resided for the last 10 years that are awesome. The butcher here in town does great work. Best porketta I've ever had

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

Absolutely. I have been blessed to have two small local butchers in the two towns I've resided for the last 10 years that are awesome. The butcher here in town does great work. Best porketta I've ever had

Mine makes his own lunch meat and also sells boars Head. He is not cheap,but you never have any waste with any of his cuts.

3 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

Mine makes his own lunch meat and also sells boars Head. He is not cheap,but you never have any waste with any of his cuts.

Fuck I love boars head genoa

14 hours ago, f7ben said:

That is a lie...

8 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Scotland's finest butcher. Selling chuckeye steaks at $16 lb

Notice it doesnt say roast fucking retards

https://www.donaldrussell.com/chuck-eye-steaks.html

Thanks s called Sunday after church roast in Scotland

https://www.food.com/recipe/scottish-sunday-after-church-roast-beef-424195