Check your account email address ×

Just saying

Snake

Had a sandwich on Tuesday. Had to fast all day Wednesday and half of Thursday for a procedure. Procedure goes not as planned, so the recovery is basically go home and sleep the rest of the night. Just woke up and called the office. Would be nice to have the day to, well, eat, and get the rest of the bullshit drugs out of my system.

5 guys decide they need Friday off and call in. I am going to go in, because even in the state I am in, I can work.

It's amazing how 5 people who will call you a 'brother' will fuck you, without the benefit of fentanyl and hospital grade lube.

10 minutes ago, Snake said:

Had a sandwich on Tuesday. Had to fast all day Wednesday and half of Thursday for a procedure. Procedure goes not as planned, so the recovery is basically go home and sleep the rest of the night. Just woke up and called the office. Would be nice to have the day to, well, eat, and get the rest of the bullshit drugs out of my system.

5 guys decide they need Friday off and call in. I am going to go in, because even in the state I am in, I can work.

It's amazing how 5 people who will call you a 'brother' will fuck you, without the benefit of fentanyl and hospital grade lube.

That sucks if you can't rely on them.

11 minutes ago, Snake said:

If you need more proof that paying someone $37 an hour and they will show up to work is a joke.

It's amazing isn't it.  I see it all the time, and some make way more than that and still don't show up and then they wonder why their coworkers get pissed.

Just now, racer254 said:

It's amazing isn't it.  I see it all the time, and some make way more than that and still don't show up and then they wonder why their coworkers get pissed.

What's amazing is we have 2 drivers who dislocated a total of 4 part timers out of their jobs because the drivers have DUIs and can't be fired.

A driver with a DUI.

3 minutes ago, Snake said:

What's amazing is we have 2 drivers who dislocated a total of 4 part timers out of their jobs because the drivers have DUIs and can't be fired.

A driver with a DUI.

The whole DUI issue is way out of hand as it is.

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, Snake said:

If you need more proof that paying someone $37 an hour and they will show up to work is a joke.

I would venture a guess that they still have their allotted paid sick days left and are merely using one of them. That's their prerogative.

11 minutes ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

I would venture a guess that they still have their allotted paid sick days left and are merely using one of them. That's their prerogative.

miraculously they are all  "sick" on a Friday end of summer.  Shocker.  Sick days are for use when your sick not when you don't want to go to work.  

13 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

miraculously they are all  "sick" on a Friday end of summer.  Shocker.  Sick days are for use when your sick not when you don't want to go to work.  

We don't do "sick days."   All days are personal days rather vacation, sick, whatever.   Use them how you wish.     

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Amazing how people are only sick on Mondays, Fridays or around Holidays.  :lol:  

i am not a fan of calling them sick days because your pretty much calling for them to be abused like that.  Our school system required a doctors note if your "sick" on the friday before the vacations/holiday weekends because it had become so abused.  

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Highmark said:

We don't do "sick days."   All days are personal days rather vacation, sick, whatever.   Use them how you wish.     

Some states require it. If you call them personal days then you will also have to give them so many sick days.

I have a guy here who works for me and is actually one of my best friends. We have been friends since the 7th grade. We call him part time as he is always looking for a reason to take off work. Passes up all of the overtime and then at the end of the year bitches because he didnt make as much money as he did last year. I'm like bro, you barely worked a full week all summer and passed up all overtime, what do you expect? Of course he doesnt remember any of that... 9_9

6 minutes ago, Anler said:

I have a guy here who works for me and is actually one of my best friends. We have been friends since the 7th grade. We call him part time as he is always looking for a reason to take off work. Passes up all of the overtime and then at the end of the year bitches because he didnt make as much money as he did last year. I'm like bro, you barely worked a full week all summer and passed up all overtime, what do you expect? Of course he doesnt remember any of that... 9_9

Yeah then there are a some you have to kick out the door to use up their vaca.  

2 hours ago, ManOnManOral said:

Ya but you have a small staff of professionals. Try that with 500 unskilled factory workers.

spot on,  we have no issues here but i could not imagine it in that environment.  My admin has not been in all week,  her grandma got run over so she's been in the hospital and doing what she can remote.  no thought of even charging those as days off.  

• Like 1