Check your account email address ×

New poll finds major shift in values away from patriotism, religion and having kids

And there it is FS in a bag....

New poll finds major shift in values away from patriotism, religion and having kids

Those changes come amid a stark generational divide over which values are seen as most important. 

Among those who are either Millennials or Generation Z (ages 18-38), only 42 percent rate patriotism as a “very important” value, while 79 percent of those over 55 say the same. 

Just 30 percent of the younger group cite religion or belief in God as very important, while 67 percent of the older group does. 

And just 32 percent of those under 38 years old call having children very important, while 54 percent of those over 55 agree. 

“There is an emerging America where issues like children, religion, and patriotism are far less important,” said Republican pollster Bill McInturff of Public Opinion Strategies. “And in America, it’s the emerging generation that calls the shots about where the country’s headed.” 

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/meet-the-press/deep-boiling-anger-nbc-wsj-poll-finds-pessimistic-america-despite-n1045916

• Gold Member
6 minutes ago, f7ben said:

How many cops have you thanked for their services recently?

They way they define it matters. Your version of patriotic and zderpskis are quite different.

4 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

They way they define it matters. Your version of patriotic and zderpskis are quite different.

Right.....mine would be shooting up a federal building and derpsksis would be joining the proud boys after party for a little toadie over the tonsils action 

Edited by f7ben

6 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Right.....mine would be shooting up a federal building and derpsksis would be joining the proud boys after party for a little toadie over the tonsils action 

You are trying too hard.  Settle down.

• Gold Member
11 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Briefly, what is my “version”?  Or Ben’s....whatever is easiest.

To anyone reading your posts over the last several years its rather obvious that you and been have differing views on what is patriotic. That's neither an insult nor an endorsement, just an observation.

Just now, Kivalo said:

To anyone reading your posts over the last several years its rather obvious that you and been have differing views on what is patriotic. That's neither an insult nor an endorsement, just an observation.

I didn’t consider it an insult at all....but an endorsement, even if only passive, for sure!

:lol:

8 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

We are grooming snowflakes.  This is the future of a Liberal society, too fucking dumb, completely useless to do anything and totally dependent on government.

Thanks Obama.

You're a fucking moron. 

6 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Patriotism starts an unwarranted war and fucks up the minds and bodies of 20some year olds. Then it builds them a granite wall so others can go stare at it. 

These 20some need to get the fuck out, only then will they realize just how good they have it.

7 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Because of planned parenthood. Not for long though

no not really,  kids are just different now than when i was a kid.  Their lives revolve around their phones not going out and drinking and fucking like my generation.  

• Like 2