Check your account email address ×

D&D Performance

f7ben

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

I was thinking I should leave the Viper at the dealer when it goes there this week and come home with a Sidewinder.

Then I looked at the price.  Nope!

They aren't discounting the leftovers much yet but they will.  No doubt they are pricey but you got to pay to play sometimes.  

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

They aren't discounting the leftovers much yet but they will.  No doubt they are pricey but you got to pay to play sometimes.  

The Viper did like 5-600 miles of play this year.  At that rate, it stays another year.  I might treat it nice though and give it some studs or something.  Maybe some USI's up front.  

2 hours ago, Highmark said:

A famous dyno company has a good breakdown of the D&D setup.   I won't post up all the numbers but I don't see any false claims on there.  Muffler and fuel get it to 224 from 204.  Up the boost without reprogramming the ECU gets it to 245 (12.5 PSI of boost).   Need ECU changes to get higher.  

That is pure bullshit. The ecu controls boost very accurately. You may get some power on a boost spike but the ecy pulls it back down immediately.

Just now, f7ben said:

That is pure bullshit. The ecu controls boost very accurately. You may get some power on a boost spike but the ecy pulls it back down immediately.

Just reporting what they did.  

38 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Just reporting what they did.  

Who is they....many reputable shops including turbodynamics and evo confirmed that the ecu targets stock boost level very accurately and gaining boost without a tune aint happening.

Edited by f7ben

34 minutes ago, GGNHL said:

I like how Vincent gave this thread a big leaving alone after he got called out on his top speed BS. :lol::snack:

Weird, cause he is not one to brag or be a blow hard. 

• Like 2

On 10/20/2016 at 6:39 PM, f7ben said:

There are 2 scenarios that lead to Wince sleds achieving a top speed of 128 mph. 

A. It was tuned to the limit on pump gas and the setup was near perfect

B. It was in free fall from a B2 bomber

Or it was on a trailer hooked to a top fuel dragster 

16 hours ago, f7ben said:

Who is they....many reputable shops including turbodynamics and evo confirmed that the ecu targets stock boost level very accurately and gaining boost without a tune aint happening.

You can gain boost without messing with the ecu on a t-cat/sidewinder 

18 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

I was thinking I should leave the Viper at the dealer when it goes there this week and come home with a Sidewinder.

Then I looked at the price.  Nope!

Yeah...it's all making sense to me on these new sleds too. Winters half as good, sleds twice the price!  Hey...free market baby!  

16 hours ago, Cold War said:

Weird, cause he is not one to brag or be a blow hard. 

He's putting you on ignore now.  That'll teach you to call him out!  Learn you real good! :lmao:

21 hours ago, f7ben said:

DynoTech.  Not sure why they would lie and no claims were made that boost was gained with the exhaust and new fuel map. :dunno:

Just muffler and fuel gained 20 hp.  I didn't see any claims in boost gain, just power.   Pretty sure that is in line with gains seen on many of the 4 stroke engines with no boost changes. 

Where did DD make these 34 hp gain claims at with no boost?  Its not on their website.  They are making claims of 45 ish with no ECU reprogramming and dial a boost on DTR results.  

Edited by Highmark

42 minutes ago, Highmark said:

DynoTech.  Not sure why they would lie and no claims were made that boost was gained with the exhaust and new fuel map. :dunno:

Just muffler and fuel gained 20 hp.  I didn't see any claims in boost gain, just power.   Pretty sure that is in line with gains seen on many of the 4 stroke engines with no boost changes. 

Where did DD make these 34 hp gain claims at with no boost?  Its not on their website.  They are making claims of 45 ish with no ECU reprogramming and dial a boost on DTR results.  

They put out dyno vids showing massive gains with stock tune. It aint happening. All they were showing was boost spikes. 

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

They put out dyno vids showing massive gains with stock tune. It aint happening. All they were showing was boost spikes. 

K.   I haven't seen those videos.   Generally speaking you need to take ANYTHING from a performance company with a bit of caution.  Some are worse than others.   Keep in mind they might be talking stock tune in terms of the ECU being reprogrammed.  I don't see this kit from Excell talking about sending in your ECU but I could be wrong.   The DTR stage testing seen significant gains without reprogramming the ECU.   To get higher HP gains the ECU must be sent in.    

https://excellmotorsports.stores.dealerspike.com/product.aspx?zpid=6619922

Dynojet Power Commander 5 Fuel Controller
Stage 2 250+ kit comes complete with Excell/HMF Silencer and mounting hardware, Excell Map Dyno Jet Power Commander 5, Dial Boost Kit and Clutch Kit

Excell Dial Boost Controller Kit 

This controller gives the ability to vary settings from 9lbs - 12.9lbs of boost or 205 - 250+HP by just turning a dial. The Excell Hi Flow Silencer and Dynojet PC5 do the rest. Ride at a 9-10lbs boost setting for normal trail riding or to stretch fuel economy to the next gas station. Turn up the boost up for putting the smack down on! This kit has been designed to work with Anti detonation safety’s already in place thanks to Yamaha’s engineers. 
Dynojet Power Commander 5 Fuel Controller

This system was built for the customer that does NOT want to reflash an $1800 ECU because of lean conditions brought on by the installation of a less restrictive aftermarket muffler. It includes our custom map of Fuel and Manifold “Boost” settings from countless hours of dyno and field testing. Just Plug in and go, comes with our Custome map installed.

The New Power Commander V is loaded with tons of new features and is a  easy installation. The PCV comes preloaded with our mapping. There is no need to adjust it, just plug it in and go.

Below you will find some Power Commander V features. 
◾Reduced size from PCIIIusb (less than half of the size of PCIII)
◾Unit has a -100/+250% fuel change range (up from -100/+100%). This allows more adjustment range for 8 injector sportbikes 
◾10 throttle position columns (up from 9 on PCIIIusb) 
◾ PCV is now available for forced induction applications. This new unit, will modify your fuel curve based off a pressure (boost) table. 
This new version of the Power Commander V is perfect for turbocharged or supercharged applications looking for precision, control, and reliability

Edited by Highmark