Check your account email address ×

Well said young Alyssa

20 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Are you fucking retarded. I know he made average money for the day and worked hard. I told you exactly where it came from.

you said, and I quote, you had 'no idea'. :lol: 

Edited by frenchy
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, frenchy said:

you said, and I quote, you had 'no idea'. :lol: 

Holy fuck.....I have no idea what the actual wage was  .....ie 12.45 per hour.

I know he made roughly what a typical mine engineer would have made back then. It was probably average money for a professional position in the mine. Good God you're willing to make yourself look like a complete fucking moron for gotcha. Start calling you n2ojr

Edited by f7ben

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

I know he made roughly what a typical mine engineer would have made back then. It was probably average money for a professional position in the mine. Good God you're willing to make yourself look like a complete fucking moron for gotcha. Start calling you n2ojr

not a gotcha just trying to establish how much (roughly) he made to be able to live  what you are describing as a high upper middle class lifestyle in that era.

how old were you at the time he retired, like 4?

I'm guessing you have no idea how much he made relative to  others and you look back on his lifestyle at that time through the eyes of a young child.

5 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Francy has fallen off a lot.

16 minutes ago, f7ben said:

So he was a "professional" so not even remotely average :guzzle:

21 minutes ago, Momorider said:

So he was a "professional" so not even remotely average :guzzle:

He had no formal education and worked as a draftsman. That position would have been salary plus 

If I had to guess at his wage I'd say equivalent of maybe 70k in today's money plus whatever he could make moonlighting

4 hours ago, Highmark said:

So what.   Not what I was talking about.   I doubt there are many starting manufacturing jobs in the US at minimum wage except maybe sweeping floors.   I don't see any around me starting at under $15.00-$20.00 with good bennies.   Generally speaking most have a shift incentive of $2-$4.00 per shift as well.   

3 hours ago, Highmark said:

No I'm not.   I just don't agree with your assessment that people in the 50's and 60's all had this guaranteed lifestyle.   That's simply BS.  

I think it would be tough even at $15.00 with a single income and family of 3+ to have much of an enhanced lifestyle when it comes to certain things.   Keep in mind with our tax system that family would get back more than paid in regarding taxes.  

I'm not sure what point you are trying to make.  Can someone make it on $15.00 per hour or not?  What's minimum wage where you are?

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

He had no formal education and worked as a draftsman. That position would have been salary plus 

If I had to guess at his wage I'd say equivalent of maybe 70k in today's money plus whatever he could make moonlighting

You realize that 50k in 1985 is equivalent to about $120k today :)

7 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I said 70k inflation adjusted

Yah well a professional with his level of experience would have made 50 k at least in 1985 which is equivalent to 120K like I said  :news: not average at all 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Wow great back read.  Holy fuck Ben.  Quit while you’re behind.

I bailed when he started to sound like Moto with the “stagnant wages” argument.

Sometimes, I’m a caring god.  :lol:

28 minutes ago, Momorider said:

Yah well a professional with his level of experience would have made 50 k at least in 1985 which is equivalent to 120K like I said  :news: not average at all 

Not even close. My dad retired from the city as a dept head with an A license in wastewater and was only making 55k in 2011. You're way way off

19 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I bailed when he started to sound like Moto with the “stagnant wages” argument.

Sometimes, I’m a caring god.  :lol:

Listen you brain dead fuck.....are you really going to argue wages havent stagnated? Do you need some empirical proof?

3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Not even close. My dad retired from the city as a dept head with an A license in wastewater and was only making 55k in 2011. You're way way off

Ask your old man then he would know. :dunno:

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Listen you brain dead fuck.....are you really going to argue wages havent stagnated? Do you need some empirical proof?

Don’t push your luck.  I will still smite your mouthy ass!!!!

:lmao:

3 minutes ago, Momorider said:

Ask your old man then he would know. :dunno:

He doesn’t want to blow the cover. off the underground native organ trafficking ring grandpa was running to fund his lavish lifestyle 

11 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Fuck. Every flunky working for city & villages have water and sewer papers here.